Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 GPF Free Dance FD

Custom Title
    Congratulations, W/D! and all medalists!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Gotta disagree with this entire post.
    You realize that Dimitri fell which cost them two points plus it messed with their final step sequence and choreographic lift right? And it affected their pcs probably. They'll blow Ilinykh and Katsalapov out of the water if both teams skate clean.
    I would like to see them both be clean but even if they were I think it would still be close. Maybe not at Russian nationals. I think If both were clean there b/s might have a big win but outside of competition with each other I don't think either team has a strong chance to beat p/b. Even though b/s did in the euros 2012 sd but couldnt do it on the FD.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    IMO the reason why V/M keep trying to do the same type of lifts as D/W and C/L do because those teams get a "wow" reaction from the crowds and high GOE from the judges. But the downside is V/M can't execute those lifts effortlessly and so they don't reach the same GOE levels.
    But they do. The only lift not working for V&M with the judges is the choreographic lift at the end. Remove the choreographic lift from the numbers of all teams and D&W and V&M get the same total points for their lifts. Add in the choreographic lift and D&W get a total of 22.21 points for their lifts whereas V&M get the second highest with a total of 21.63. The difference between the two being 0.58 which is precisely the difference between the choreographic lifts for the two (1.07 vs. 0.49).

V&M have strong impressive lifts. It's their choreographic lift at the end that is letting them down with the judges.

None of these streams are working for me!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CAS View Post
    But they do. The only lift not working for V&M with the judges is the choreographic lift at the end. Remove the choreographic lift from the numbers of all teams and D&W and V&M get the same total points for their lifts. Add in the choreographic lift and D&W get a total of 22.21 points for their lifts whereas V&M get the second highest with a total of 21.63. The difference between the two being 0.58 which is precisely the difference between the choreographic lifts for the two (1.07 vs. 0.49).

V&M have strong impressive lifts. It's their choreographic lift at the end that is letting them down with the judges.
    I really hope V/M don't remove that choreo lift as the ending as it stands right now is my favourite part of their FD, but Scott admittedly sometimes looks like he's in pain while doing it and it's not as smooth as it could be.

Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    I really hope V/M don't remove that choreo lift as the ending as it stands right now is my favourite part of their FD, but Scott admittedly sometimes looks like he's in pain while doing it and it's not as smooth as it could be.
    Scott looks in pain when he is doing almost all of their lifts.

Custom Title
    People keep mentioning how B&S have support of Russian Federation and I&K do not.
    What do you base this claim on?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    Scott looks in pain when he is doing almost all of their lifts.
    And even when he doesn't, the lifts looks so cumbersome to get into that it ruins the flow of the program for me. What is the opposite of effortless?

On the Ice
    V/M are great ice dancers/dancers.They have great line, presentation, skills, etc. Their dances this year are not doing it for me. I am biased, because I think they get overscored but I'm still scratching my head on both dances. The SD tries to combine modern dance with YP and it's ridiculous, or maybe I'm just not dance-cultured enough to be able to appreciate it. As I'm understanding Carmen, they are supposed to be presenting a sexy woman that rules men. But all I see is a pretty woman in a sexy dress with sexy makeup flailing around. If my understanding of what Carmen is supposed to be is correct, then their final pose is sums that up.

i've been fans of D/W since Bollywood. They don't have "line", but they have the skills and just seem to be able to make their programs work for them. I recognize that they have recycled several "signature" moves and lifts, and they certainly haven't updated their expedition, but everything seemed to come together excellently with this skate. Kudos to them for taking what they have and making it work.

Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    And even when he doesn't, the lifts looks so cumbersome to get into that it ruins the flow of the program for me. What is the opposite of effortless?
    Sisyphean?

Custom Title
    Oh no! Not again!

[Repeat ad infinitum]

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Tessa was 20 then. That was also before she had all the problems with her legs. She may have had to do exercises to strengthen other muscles in her body to help keep her from overstraining her legs. She is very buff-looking now, and muscle tissue is heavy.
    Oh I agree with cha. I feel this is her normal weight and it's just fine. I personally don't pay much attention to tessa's weight but some seem to notice.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Sisyphean?
    Oh, my goodness! This one has me on the floor.

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dcnative View Post
    ... But all I see is a pretty woman in a sexy dress with sexy makeup flailing around. ...
    Pretty woman: check.
    Sexy dress: check.
    Sexy makeup: check.
    Flailing???: yikes, not in a million years.

Everything is in the eye of the beholder, but for me, "flailing" does not belong in any description of Virtue's skating.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Oh, my goodness! This one has me on the floor.
    Ever since they trained with Cirque Du Soleil, difficult acrobatic lifts have been one of Virtue and Moirs strengths. The skating world particularely admired the beautiful positions of Tessa Virtue. Other ice dancers strive to emulate their lifts their lifts, not the other way around. The chorio lift in Carmen is not acrobatic just awkward to enter.
    The height difference between them is fairly standard (between 5 and 6 inches) as pictures taken beside other dancers show. Toomuch height difference is hought to be a detriment in dance and some skaters have been marked down because of it. Those who think Virtue is heavy must admire anorexics.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast