Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: 2012 GPF Men's Free Skate LP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Although...its not clear what Lysacek would be most afraid of, Hanyu's 2S, Takahashi's 4T(fall), Chan's 4T(fall) Kozuka's 4T(fall) or Machida's 4T<<.

(on a more serious note, BASE VALUES. I'm not convinced Lysacek can do a quad right now when his last successful attempt at one took place 5 years ago)

Banned
    I have a feeling Chan will be gradually phased out by judges, which is good for the sport. Judges seem to have found a new pet in men's skating.

Although...its not clear what Lysacek would be most afraid of, Hanyu's 2S, Takahashi's 4T(fall), Chan's 4T(fall) Kozuka's 4T(fall) or Machida's 4T<<.
    Lysacek would probably beat them all with his superior arm-flailing anyway.

Custom Title
    Except for Machida, at least all of them have one successful quad and 3A in the FS.

Custom Title
    This should not be just a wakeup call for Chan, it should be a wakeup sledgehammer: hie thee hence to a real tech coach as fast as your clever feet can take you.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by suzukifan27 View Post
    I have a feeling Chan will be gradually phased out by judges, which is good for the sport. Judges seem to have found a new pet in men's skating.
    Chan received the highest PCS despite skating quite poorly. Frankly, his new programs are great and the judges are rewarding him well for it. The real problem is that Chan has not been landing his jumps; Zayakking and getting the +SEQ penalty on quads will kill anyone's score.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    Lysacek would probably beat them all with his superior arm-flailing anyway.
    Yep, arm flailing is the common denominator among the last two Olympic champions after all

If that's the case, Dai and PChiddy better step their game up and flail harder or exhibit some extreme windmill motions! Forget clean edges and flirting with the crowd, freestyling and backstoking in the air is where it's at!
    Last edited by aftertherain; 12-08-2012 at 03:47 PM.

And a happy Koninkrijksdag to you! (It's next Saturday, 15 December )

“Our blade takes us in the most amazing places.” skatingfan4ever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by starryxskies View Post
    Patrick looked very displeased with that bronze during the ceremony
    I haven't watched the programs yet, but apparently Patrick's didn't go very well. Are you putting him down for being disappointed? I don't get the impression that Patrick feels "entitled" to get a certain placement if he doesn't skate well. Ultimately, results are out of the skaters' hands anyway. I think it's more like he's disappointed with the skate (i.e. he didn't meet whatever goals he set for that FS).

Custom Title
    Maybe the fact that all of Takahashi, Hany, Chan, and maybe Fernandez can make MAJOR errors and still score 10 points plus more than he was ever capable of even with his best skates.

Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Takahashi did not Zayak or Oda though; that is what really hurt Chan's placement here to have a jumping pass be completely voided due to the illegal 4th combo rules. That's a huge error!
    Yes, he made TWO zayak mistakes: the first one when he didn't put anything after the second 4T, the second one with the 4th combo...

Custom Title
    Congratulations to Takahashi and Hanyu! Well done! Quite tamed costume from Takahashi. Looked great!

Quote Originally Posted by starryxskies View Post
    Patrick looked very displeased with that bronze during the ceremony
    That's good! Patrick needs to realize that that was the result of his current focus and direction. I'm tired of hearing him defending Kathy Johnson again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    I hope Patrick will exorcise Oda out of himself.
    Even if Patrick didn't get an Oda today, and got credit for his 2A, it was still not good enough to beat the silver medalist Hanyu. Someone really needs to make Patrick understand that continuingly going into this direction is dangerous.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 12-08-2012 at 04:39 PM.

Custom Title
    I sort of wonder, if Hanyu wins 2014 Olympics, if he, Dai, and Chan will retire from skating, along with Joubert & Verner, Kozuka, and other quad-focused guys, then if post 2014, we might not see men's skating go back to the way it was circa 2010, with the quad not being necessary/crucial to winning, or at least if it won't be the be-all and end-all. If that's the case, Evan might have better odds trying to come back for 2018

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    I sort of wonder, if Hanyu wins 2014 Olympics, if he, Dai, and Chan will retire from skating, along with Joubert & Verner, Kozuka, and other quad-focused guys, then if post 2014, we might not see men's skating go back to the way it was circa 2010, with the quad not being necessary/crucial to winning, or at least if it won't be the be-all and end-all. If that's the case, Evan might have better odds trying to come back for 2018
    My feeling is, I might be wrong though, that Hanyu will stay no matter what he gets at 2014 Olympics.

I believe Evan is not immortal Plushenko.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 12-08-2012 at 05:05 PM.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast