Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 GPF Men's Free Skate LP

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilvskating View Post
    The highlight for me today is Javier!!! I just love this boy/young man. I'm still not used to think him as a man, but he is now. Just give some time when his skating skills improve a bit, he will be a worthy Olympic Champion! Such nice jumps and showmanship, and the choreography is brilliant!!!
    I must say that I enjoyed Javier's program more than that of anyone else, even though he needs more difficulty in the transitions. But this all takes time--he's got the quads, now he can work on the rest. Brian Orser did a great job!!

Quote Originally Posted by mylastduchess View Post
    ...and what does that have to do with the PCS? I love it when some people here complain childishly complain every competition that this skater is overmarked, that there is some kind of conspiracy what have you, then if its his/her favourite skater who got the PCS bump its all fine!
    Yes, Daisuke was scored rather generously on PCS here. But since he was so consistently underscored last year for great programs, this probably feels like retribution for some people, so we let it slide .

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by starryxskies View Post
    You have to remember he was 12 points behind Dai in the SP and 7 behind Hanyu.
    But Patrick had about 9 points on him after the short (and was ahead of Hanyu, too), and after the free just 0.04 ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by bixby View Post
    more like a baby ballerina...
    was that suppose to be an insult ?
    Hanyu can d obeillman and if that is a ballerina to you, the other would kill to have one

Tripping on the Podium
    I thought Javier's PCS was generous (he certainly got his due for what he did in the TES score) but when I saw Daisuke and Patrick's...oh my.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Takahashi did not Zayak or Oda though; that is what really hurt Chan's placement here to have a jumping pass be completely voided due to the illegal 4th combo rules. That's a huge error!
    Not a PCS error though. It doesn't visibly affect performance, choreography, transitions, etc. Unless you thought he was behind the music because of that element (I only saw from the Flip/salchow sequence to the end, and the feed was spazzy), it doesn't mean he deserves lower PCS (I can't say that Takahashi deserves lower, again due to a spazzy feed)

Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    If the handwriting wasn't on the wall before for Team Fernandez to work really hard on Javi's PCS, it certainly is now!
    You can make the argument that he's already given quite great PCS for what he does, actually. He's ahead of Kozuka (which is really a walking pile of absurdity) at this point.

Anyway, HUGE props for Takahashi for winning the GPF when we thought he was being dumped; to Fernandez for righting his headspace after a disappointing NHK, Hanyu for seemingly improving his stamina as the season progresses. Worlds will be a barnburner.

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20
    was that suppose to be an insult ?
    Hanyu can d obeillman and if that is a ballerina to you, the other would kill to have one
    And he has one of the most beautiful Ina Bauers! Most woman can't do it like that

By the way, baby prince might just be getting iffy, because he growing up so fast! (Although I still call him baby Yuzu too )

Custom Title
    Hahahahahaha, so many people have given up on Dai and he's just beat them all including Chan and "new Japanese number one male skater" Hanyu! What a happy day, both Mao and Dai won. This was the first time I really enjoyed Dai's free skate. I guess that the change of that terrible costume has helped a lot. Now I can calmly sit down and learn Japanese.

Custom Title
    OH MY GOD, that's a major insult to Chinese's reputation of good at math! Well, he's a Chinese Canadian anyway. I didn't notice the last combo, only thought about the big mistake not adding a second jump not even a 1T tosecond 4T, the total point lost by these two mistakes alone is at 6 points range.

Quote Originally Posted by sequinsgalore View Post
    Patrick CHAN (CAN)
    he
    Music: La Boheme by Giacomo Puccini

4T - fall
    4T - a bit scratchy, no combo
    3Lz
    StSq
    CCSp
    3A - stepout
    3Lo
    3Lz+2T
    FSSp
    3F+1Lo+3S
    StSq
    2A+2T - Oops, zayak!
    CCoSp

I like this program, but it's not as technically strong as Fernandez and Hanyu. Will his PCS be enough to hold him up?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    You can make the argument that he's already given quite great PCS for what he does, actually. He's ahead of Kozuka (which is really a walking pile of absurdity) at this point.
    That doesnt mean Fernandez is overscored on PCS but that Kozuka is underscored. Compared to someone like Hanyu, Fernandez is underscored on both GOE and PCS.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    And he has one of the most beautiful Ina Bauers! Most woman can't do it like that

By the way, baby prince might just be getting iffy, because he growing up so fast! (Although I still call him baby Yuzu too )

On the Ice
    YAY, Daisuke changed costume!!!!

I see that Orser is good for Hanyu. Hanyu is a very talented skater, but I don't like him because of a crooked back and most of all because of his mannered and over-labored maneuvers after good performances (like the one he did after free skate at Finland this year for example. He's not the only skater with asthma, why nobody else crawls on the ice after skate...) I see that his posture is getting better, he behaves decently after performance, and I suppose his conditioning got better - now he has stamina to skate a long program without appearing as he would just fall and die any moment in the second half of the program.

Javi was really great! I love his program!!

Too bad Patrick is so inconsistent, his skating is just beautiful.

Thanks for nice stream without commentators!!

Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    That doesnt mean Fernandez is overscored on PCS but that Kozuka is underscored.
    I think both are true, actually. Fernandez does not have great skating skills and his programs are adequate, not anything special.

His 4S, OTOH, is very special.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Not a PCS error though. It doesn't visibly affect performance, choreography, transitions, etc. Unless you thought he was behind the music because of that element (I only saw from the Flip/salchow sequence to the end, and the feed was spazzy), it doesn't mean he deserves lower PCS (I can't say that Takahashi deserves lower, again due to a spazzy feed)
    I never made the argument that Zayak-ing or Oda-ing was a PCS error. It is a MAJOR technical error though in the rule book. mylastduchess is the one who brought up PCS in reply to my comment.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    One thing what I don't like in Hanyu's skating, he has terrible posture
    ITA, like hunched back and lack of control of arms, sloppy in places. I used to think of noodles when I watch him skating, so like of control and strength. But he really gets raw talent, and his strokes is so much better than Dai's. Just give him some time to grow and he will be great.
    Last edited by Ilvskating; 12-08-2012 at 11:20 AM.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast