Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 2012 GPF Pair's Free Program LP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mao88 View Post
    Yet another highly dubious result. Bazarova & Larionov were the real winners and deserved the Gold. V&T's FS was a mess and how the judges could award those kind of marks for the that program is beyond me
    That's why I hate this new system. Era of pcs...Remember Osmond or Mao in NHK

Rinkside
    Very over marked - doubling jumps at a Sr Grand Prix ? He is injured and waiting for surgery, however, D/R did highest degree of jumping. Lovely program, yes, but did they deserve bronze ? I think not.

Custom Title
    You see, I can believe a skater should win because of huge PCS. A complex program full of choreography, performance and musical interpretation with glorious skate language should be commended. Just that this wasn't it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skate_coach View Post
    Very over marked - doubling jumps at a Sr Grand Prix ? He is injured and waiting for surgery, however, D/R did highest degree of jumping. Lovely program, yes, but did they deserve bronze ? I think not.
    no one is saying D/R deserve bronze but V/T should have been silver or bronze
    B/L should have won this

On the Ice
    I wish the other couples wouldn't go to Sochi 2014 and each of the Russians were medaled, in any kind of order the Russian Fedration wanted.

Custom Title
    D/R's last lift was a failure, that counts a lot more points than double a 3T. I'm glad D/R get their 3Lz this time! Good job overall.

PAIRS FREE SKATE - VIDE0S & RESULT (Updated)

1. Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR & Maxim TRANKOV (RUS) - 204.55 Free Skate
    2. Vera BAZAROVA & Yuri LARIONOV (RUS) - 201.60 Free Skate
    3. Qing PANG & Jian TONG (CHN) - 192.81 Free Skate
    4. Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD (CAN) - 187.09 Free Skate
    5. Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS & Dylan MOSCOVITCH (CAN) - 180.45 Free Skate
    6. Yuko KAVAGUTI & Alexander SMIRNOV (RUS) - 178.72 Free Skate

Rinkside
    yes, acknowledge the fail on the lift, however, P/T doubled every jump, only tripled throws. D/R technically superior, marks show it, but being North American is a battle on it's own in the GP circuit, so good on them.

Custom Title
    The more I think about result, the more similarity I see between Chan last year and V/T
    Even with their falls the judges LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE their skills
    Dunno what to think about it

Custom Title
    yes, acknowledge the fail on the lift, however, P/T doubled every jump, only tripled throws. D/R technically superior, marks show it, but being North American is a battle on it's own in the GP circuit, so good on them.
    P/T just doubled the 3T, the other jumping pass was 2A-2A and was done very well as far as I can see. D/R do have the highest jumps contents among all skaters, 3Lz and 3T-2T-2T, but Meagan appeared to have problem with the last 2T, two footed and maybe a bit under rotated? not sure about the rotation. I think their sbs3Lz in the SP was judged a bit hush. For the LP I think the TES is good.

Custom Title
    the scores for everyone other than maybe the pcs for K and S were overmarked. V and T had huge errors; maybe B and L did deserve to win. I think P and T and V and T were way overmarked. S and S must be thrilled in a way; they can't lose. I am not sure why people like B and L of over K and S. Some would say K and S just retire but I think they should finish the year and come back with an amazing comeback. Straighten out their single jumps, get the quad sal and figure out a brilliant concept program for their long - not an easy feat but with no pressure on them as Russia no. 3 maybe they can be an alternative team with huge innovation. Pang and tong still have al ot of it factor but i have to say it is a like a team desperately trying to figure out how to stay alive and win OGM. I kind of think their compatriots were lucky they came back and won gold in 2010 but they are pushing the odds that the same nation can do it again. i could say they should do a K and S but K and S have no oly medal or world title. PandT should move on; I hat seeing such injuries.

Really?

Custom Title
    Maybe they should make the performance pcs subject to mandatory deductions

On the Ice
    ヴォロトラツイスト
    3Tw4 6.20 2.10 333333333 8.30
    来ましたわー
    STh 0.00 x 0.00 - - - - - - - - - 0.00
    始めて见た・・・
    let me do a little translation: my first time saw a full mark tw and a zero point throw, impressive......

On the Ice
    Well, one thing you can't say about V/T is that they're not entertaining. When they skate well, their choreography, lifts, and other elements are well worth watching. When they don't skate well, they have memorable falls, emotional reactions, and unbelievably high marks for these failures. Who would want to miss that?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast