2012 GPF Pair's Free Program LP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2012 GPF Pair's Free Program LP

Ilvskating

Final Flight
Very over marked - doubling jumps at a Sr Grand Prix ? He is injured and waiting for surgery, however, D/R did highest degree of jumping. Lovely program, yes, but did they deserve bronze ? I think not.

D/R's last lift was a failure, that counts a lot more points than double a 3T. I'm glad D/R get their 3Lz this time! Good job overall.

Mao88

Record Breaker
PAIRS FREE SKATE - VIDE0S & RESULT (Updated)

1. Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR & Maxim TRANKOV (RUS) - 204.55 Free Skate
2. Vera BAZAROVA & Yuri LARIONOV (RUS) - 201.60 Free Skate
3. Qing PANG & Jian TONG (CHN) - 192.81 Free Skate
4. Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD (CAN) - 187.09 Free Skate
5. Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS & Dylan MOSCOVITCH (CAN) - 180.45 Free Skate
6. Yuko KAVAGUTI & Alexander SMIRNOV (RUS) - 178.72 Free Skate

Boo67

Rinkside
yes, acknowledge the fail on the lift, however, P/T doubled every jump, only tripled throws. D/R technically superior, marks show it, but being North American is a battle on it's own in the GP circuit, so good on them.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
The more I think about result, the more similarity I see between Chan last year and V/T:popcorn:
Even with their falls the judges LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE:love::love::love: their skills
Dunno what to think about it

Ilvskating

Final Flight
yes, acknowledge the fail on the lift, however, P/T doubled every jump, only tripled throws. D/R technically superior, marks show it, but being North American is a battle on it's own in the GP circuit, so good on them.

P/T just doubled the 3T, the other jumping pass was 2A-2A and was done very well as far as I can see. D/R do have the highest jumps contents among all skaters, 3Lz and 3T-2T-2T, but Meagan appeared to have problem with the last 2T, two footed and maybe a bit under rotated? not sure about the rotation. I think their sbs3Lz in the SP was judged a bit hush. For the LP I think the TES is good.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
the scores for everyone other than maybe the pcs for K and S were overmarked. V and T had huge errors; maybe B and L did deserve to win. I think P and T and V and T were way overmarked. S and S must be thrilled in a way; they can't lose. I am not sure why people like B and L of over K and S. Some would say K and S just retire but I think they should finish the year and come back with an amazing comeback. Straighten out their single jumps, get the quad sal and figure out a brilliant concept program for their long - not an easy feat but with no pressure on them as Russia no. 3 maybe they can be an alternative team with huge innovation. Pang and tong still have al ot of it factor but i have to say it is a like a team desperately trying to figure out how to stay alive and win OGM. I kind of think their compatriots were lucky they came back and won gold in 2010 but they are pushing the odds that the same nation can do it again. i could say they should do a K and S but K and S have no oly medal or world title. PandT should move on; I hat seeing such injuries.

LRK

Record Breaker

Really?

age20

Rinkside
ヴォロトラツイスト
3Tw4 6.20 2.10 333333333 8.30
来ましたわー
STh 0.00 x 0.00 - - - - - - - - - 0.00
始めて见た・・・
let me do a little translation: my first time saw a full mark tw and a zero point throw, impressive......

diane044

Rinkside
Well, one thing you can't say about V/T is that they're not entertaining. When they skate well, their choreography, lifts, and other elements are well worth watching. When they don't skate well, they have memorable falls, emotional reactions, and unbelievably high marks for these failures. Who would want to miss that? :biggrin:

gmyers

Record Breaker
Their triple twist is great!! Deserves full marks! With the throw one of his blades hit a rut and he fell and then it looked like he had to say to her start skating again. I thought maybe interruption in excess but it seems like it's hard to get that outside of dance.

age20

Rinkside
:yes:
Well, one thing you can't say about V/T is that they're not entertaining. When they skate well, their choreography, lifts, and other elements are well worth watching. When they don't skate well, they have memorable falls, emotional reactions, and unbelievably high marks for these failures. Who would want to miss that? :biggrin:

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia

:)

bramweld

Record Breaker
All I got to say is this; they are depleting their reputation credit at exponential speeds. They had better string together too good programs before they've exceeded their limit. Judges especially at Worlds and Europeans will not be so gracious in the future and you better believe that S/S feel they can own them. Have they skated a good, clean long or short all season? Seriously???? Even slow starters I/K (ice dance) have done that (clean at least)!!! They need to wake up FAST!!!!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
All I got to say is this; they are depleting their reputation credit at exponential speeds. They had better string together too good programs before they've exceeded their limit. Judges especially at Worlds and Europeans will not be so gracious in the future and you better believe that S/S feel they can own them. Have they skated a good, clean long or short all season? Seriously???? Even slow starters I/K (ice dance) have done that (clean at least)!!! They need to wake up FAST!!!!

V/T have skated clean in this GPF and CoR, but their only clean LP was at Nebelhorn

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I expect Voloszhar & Trankov will win Worlds this year. I would be very surprised if Savchenko & Szolkowy beat them.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
I expect Voloszhar & Trankov will win Worlds this year. I would be very surprised if Savchenko & Szolkowy beat them.

Savchenko/Szolkowy just won NRW Trophy. Their FS score was 133.97 points with mistakes on both sbs jumps.
I know you can't compars scores across events, but I wouldn't count them out to repeat.

adamanna

Rinkside

:agree:

adamanna

Rinkside
I would like to ask those who especially loves pair skating - does the quality of a throw depend on a man's technique, the way he throws a lady? I'm asking because it's strange for me to see Tanya messing throws - she used to be a strong-strong skater... But I'm not a huge fan of pair skating, so I don't know technical details of pairs elements.