Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 2012 GPF Pair's Free Program LP

Custom Title
    Their triple twist is great!! Deserves full marks! With the throw one of his blades hit a rut and he fell and then it looked like he had to say to her start skating again. I thought maybe interruption in excess but it seems like it's hard to get that outside of dance.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by diane044 View Post
    Well, one thing you can't say about V/T is that they're not entertaining. When they skate well, their choreography, lifts, and other elements are well worth watching. When they don't skate well, they have memorable falls, emotional reactions, and unbelievably high marks for these failures. Who would want to miss that?

Custom Title
    Well, one thing you can't say about V/T is that they're not entertaining. When they skate well, their choreography, lifts, and other elements are well worth watching. When they don't skate well, they have memorable falls, emotional reactions, and unbelievably high marks for these failures. Who would want to miss that?

Custom Title
    All I got to say is this; they are depleting their reputation credit at exponential speeds. They had better string together too good programs before they've exceeded their limit. Judges especially at Worlds and Europeans will not be so gracious in the future and you better believe that S/S feel they can own them. Have they skated a good, clean long or short all season? Seriously???? Even slow starters I/K (ice dance) have done that (clean at least)!!! They need to wake up FAST!!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bramweld View Post
    All I got to say is this; they are depleting their reputation credit at exponential speeds. They had better string together too good programs before they've exceeded their limit. Judges especially at Worlds and Europeans will not be so gracious in the future and you better believe that S/S feel they can own them. Have they skated a good, clean long or short all season? Seriously???? Even slow starters I/K (ice dance) have done that (clean at least)!!! They need to wake up FAST!!!!
    V/T have skated clean in this GPF and CoR, but their only clean LP was at Nebelhorn

Banned
    I expect Voloszhar & Trankov will win Worlds this year. I would be very surprised if Savchenko & Szolkowy beat them.

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    I expect Voloszhar & Trankov will win Worlds this year. I would be very surprised if Savchenko & Szolkowy beat them.
    Savchenko/Szolkowy just won NRW Trophy. Their FS score was 133.97 points with mistakes on both sbs jumps.
    I know you can't compars scores across events, but I wouldn't count them out to repeat.

On the Ice

On the Ice
    I would like to ask those who especially loves pair skating - does the quality of a throw depend on a man's technique, the way he throws a lady? I'm asking because it's strange for me to see Tanya messing throws - she used to be a strong-strong skater... But I'm not a huge fan of pair skating, so I don't know technical details of pairs elements.

Quote Originally Posted by StellaCampo View Post
    I remember Trankov himself falling after throwing Mukhortova in 2010 (either the Olympics or Worlds).
    That was Olympics.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by adamanna View Post
    I would like to ask those who especially loves pair skating - does the quality of a throw depend on a man's technique, the way he throws a lady? I'm asking because it's strange for me to see Tanya messing throws - she used to be a strong-strong skater... But I'm not a huge fan of pair skatin g, so I don't know technical details of pairs elements.
    She has never been 100% solid with throws. When she was with her last partner, Tanya frequently made mistakes on throws including step-outs, touch-downs, etc.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by StellaCampo View Post
    I remember Trankov himself falling after throwing Mukhortova in 2010 (either the Olympics or Worlds).
    That was at the 2010 Worlds, at the Olympics he fell on a 3T, just like today.

Quote Originally Posted by mikiandorocks View Post
    What the hell happened!
    I am thrilled for B&L but I don't understand the scores for K&S and V&T.
    I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilvskating View Post

V/T's fall on the throw was really scary! I'm so glad that nobody was hurt. She could have stepped on him, and he saved her from falling by grabbing her leg I guess. But that being said, their score is a real joke. How could they get 130+ with that skate? I think P/T was robbed. Both Russian team had sub-par skate. V/T did great other than the falls, but those are solid major falls. B/L were messy throughout although they did almost everything. Can't understand the score any more.

K/S were robbed big time! After watching their program I believe more and more that it is very important which team(s) the federation promote. K/S's program is superior in choreography, that last lift alone is to die for, and they executed it cleanly and nicely. Definitely the best among the three Russian pair today.
    I agree with this and I'm also happy no one was hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by sequinsgalore View Post
    Savchenko/Szolkowy just won NRW Trophy. Their FS score was 133.97 points with mistakes on both sbs jumps. I know you can't compars scores across events, but I wouldn't count them out to repeat.
    S/S only missed the GPF because she was sick at the TEB, it's too bad one gold can't get you in by default, they would have easily won here. (Although on a side note I hate their new fs costumes!)

I would like to ask those who especially loves pair skating - does the quality of a throw depend on a man's technique, the way he throws a lady? I'm asking because it's strange for me to see Tanya messing throws - she used to be a strong-strong skater... But I'm not a huge fan of pair skating, so I don't know technical details of pairs elements.
    Yes, the man is one part of the criteria the judges are supposed to look at, but hey don't. Tong has the stupidest throw technique and they always get good marks if Pang lands it.

This being said, it was just one competition and anything can happen at Nationals, Euros/4CC and Worlds.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by suzukifan27 View Post
    She has never been 100% solid with throws. When she was with her last partner, Tanya frequently made mistakes on throws including step-outs, touch-downs, etc.
    hmmmm, I remember her as a solid skater, it was always Morozov who frustrated me when they did SBS jumps. I guess my memory could fail me, I think I'd go through protocols... The thing is that I looked some various performances of Muhortova-Trankov, and I she fell from the throws as well. And one of the performances was commentated by TAT, and she said that Masha fell because of him, he did the throwing in a wrong way.
    Anyway, even if my impression is wrong and Trankov does not have technical issues with his throws - he definitely has a head problem. This way they will never get any gold at Worlds or Olympics. He reminds me of Jeremy Abbott((

Quote Originally Posted by mousepotato View Post
    Yes, the man is one part of the criteria the judges are supposed to look at, but hey don't. Tong has the stupidest throw technique and they always get good marks if Pang lands it.

This being said, it was just one competition and anything can happen at Nationals, Euros/4CC and Worlds.
    It's not just one competition, and not just one season even. it's a trend I'm afraid
    Anyway, I'm hoping for the best for this team, because I want Volosozhar to win

Edgy Details
    Quote Originally Posted by suzukifan27 View Post
    No, she has not been 100%, but she was very solid. Additionally, most of her mistakes in throws were coming from the partner - often she was thrown with too much power. (Stas was quite a powerful guy ).

Anyway, I'm hoping for the best for this team, because I want Volosozhar to win
    I dont care about Trankov, but I also want her to win!! She is an exquisite pair skater.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinga View Post
    No, she has not been 100%, but she was very solid. Additionally, most of her mistakes in throws were coming from the partner - often she was thrown with too much power. (Stas was quite a powerful guy).
    I know Stas wasn't all that elegant, but because he was so strong, their lifts were amazing. Obviously there are things that Tatiana does better now that she's skating with Trankov, but not everything.

I dont care about Trankov, but I also want her to win!! She is an exquisite pair skater.
    I don't particularly care for either of her partners, though I somewhat prefer Stas because he wasn't whiny and didn't have tacky taste in music and programs. Anyway, she is very deserving of some good results, but I wish the programs were better... I say they should give her a medal on her own

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast