Volotranflation | Golden Skate

Volotranflation

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Enough said...Once I saw somebody writing it here. What do you think about V/T huge score at gpf with such HUUge errors? They didn't even have 1 element in their free ;) I remember last year when they were on their 2 gps, their score was about the same as now:unsure: with less mistakes. Now I feel as if the judges give them the sign "Come on!It's yours to lose!Grab it!" Just think about their CLEAN programs:eek::eek::eek: What kind of score will they get in that case? Is there any hope for other pairs with such favouritism? Just wondering...

BlackAxel

Final Flight
I used to be a huge fan of V/T but since this season has started, I have found myself liking them less and less. The scores that they have received at COR and the GPF are RIDICULOUS.

I was really looking forward to the match-up between S/S and V/T and was very disappointed when the former had to WD from TEB. At this point, I am even doubting if S/S can beat a clean V/T. With the ridiculous scores that they are receiving now, can you imagine how high of a score V/T will get when they are clean?

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
They were robbed of winning the GP final and Worlds last year. They have never won an event they didnt deserve to win.

gmyers

Record Breaker
They did have huge mistakes and they were penalized for them in the Tes but also rewarded rightly for how good other technical elements were like the twist and combo jump and the throw they did. Did they get too much goe on some things or not enough deductions? But there was no deduction really in pcs and that's just always an issue about sloppy elements affecting pcs but how? They are a favorite of judges and s/s have received gigantic gifts because they're also favorites.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
They were robbed of winning the GP final and Worlds last year.
They most certainly were not. S/S had far better programs - there's no comparing Pina and black Swan - and skated very well at the GPF. Worlds is perhaps more debatable, but V/T were atrocious in the SP and were lucky to even be in the penultimate group.

I agree with everyone who thinks V/T are overscored at the moment. Yes, they are technically very good when they are on. In three season together, however, they have yet to have a single decent program, let alone a great one - and I find myself missing the days when they were with their previous partners. I never appreciated Mukhortova quite enough, and at least with Morozov Tatiana has the occasional decent program.

This is a blatant setup for a Russian OGM in the pairs event in Sochi, and I resent it. The OGM should be won by whoever earns it, and so far, V/T are not earning their scores by any means.

It is really sad to see skaters getting the hit because judges are not doing their job with integrity. Russian federation is not doing any good for V/T. Seriously.

suzukifan27

Match Penalty
Figure skating judging is a big joke. K/S were overmarked tremendously in the past. Today they skated so well but obviously judges felt it's time to abandon them. They only got 120 for a clean skate. Regarding V/T, if I don't have anything good to say, I don't say anything.

evangeline

Record Breaker
Figure skating judging is a big joke. K/S were overmarked tremendously in the past. Today they skated so well but obviously judges felt it's time to abandon them. They only got 120 for a clean skate. Regarding V/T, if I don't have anything good to say, I don't say anything.

The difference between being the Russian #1 pair and the Russian #2-or-possibly-#3 pair is vast indeed (in more ways than one).

FSGMT

Record Breaker
They were robbed of winning the GP final and Worlds last year. They have never won an event they didnt deserve to win.
Bazarova/Larionov deserved to win THIS gpf with two clean programs vs V/T's two falls! 69 PCS :disapp: Considering that they "deserved" 72 and 69 with messy programs, a clean Olympic FS would receive 80? :biggrin: :mad:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I agree that they're being overscored. I'm not a huge fan of Bazarova and Larionov, and I think lots of areas of their skating could be improved, but they deserved the title today. Heck, even Pang and Tong may have deserved it over V/T. For some reason I think the overscoring might stop once S/S are back competing against them though. It's like if the judges know V/T are probably going to win anyway, they just decide to give them whatever the heck they want to, even if it's too high.