Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wagner Withdraws from GPF Gala due to Injury

News Wagner Withdraws from GPF Gala due to Injury

She tweeted earlier today that she was fine and that she hoped all it was was a "bad bruise". So either they're being cautious, or it's worse than she thought. Hoping for the former.

http://isu.informz.net/ISU/data/imag...er_ExhGala.pdf

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Please, Fate, she has worked so hard and come so far, and she fell so hard she coulda broken a hip!!!!!!! Someone tell us when you hear. #$%^T!

Medalist
    Hope it isn't too serious. I really admire her for the way she skated through her program!

Banned
    hope its nothing serious and not requiring injury
    she is the backbone of the US ladies atm

Hopefully she's just sore and wants to rest. Her fall looked scary, but she didn't look like she was in great pain when she was sitting in the K&C.

Also, her latest tweet came up on the feed here:
    Leaving a bit bruised and battered but I fought and I'm coming home with my first GPF medal! instagr.am/p/TAHZ7mirzX/

Not surprised by this at all. She didn't look so good after the fall.

Custom Title
    Yuzuru just withdrew from the Gala too, so both silver medalists in the singles disciplines are out

Custom Title
    Tweets from yesterday suggested she was alright. I was relieved to hear she'd withdrawn from the gala, no need to take any risks. But she's just tweeted a picture and she's on crutches :o

So maybe it really is more serious than she thought? I really hope she'll be alright soon! A couple days off the ice wouldn't be a bad thing, I think, it's a long season. But I've read in the US ladies figure skating thread that a hip pointer could keep you off the ice for 6 weeks, that would be problematic for Nationals.

I won't despair just yet, sending lots of positive vibes her way

Custom Title
    Oh, dear! That's distressing to the max.

Custom Title
    and there are no injury byes anymore, right?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pitterpatter View Post
    Yuzuru just withdrew from the Gala too, so both silver medalists in the singles disciplines are out
    Any news on why?

Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    and there are no injury byes anymore, right?
    ...I haven't heard anything to suggest that no byes are allowed, it's just not done often - Wagner could apply for one, but she might not get it. If anything I could see the USFSA having the ladies skate it out at 4CC to determine who goes in the second slot... then again Ashley's proven herself this year so she could get it.

All in all, who knows... I just pray she has a successful recovery!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    Any news on why?
    He fell sick last night. Japanese officials said that they think he has some sort of stomach bug.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    ...I haven't heard anything to suggest that no byes are allowed, it's just not done often - Wagner could apply for one, but she might not get it. If anything I could see the USFSA having the ladies skate it out at 4CC to determine who goes in the second slot... then again Ashley's proven herself this year so she could get it.
    That's the other thing I was wondering - if Wagner for some reason could not do Nationals, would she be in a position to apply for an injury bye or submit a petition (a la Kwan in 2006)? Although I have a strange feeling she probably would not do that anyway.
    Last edited by R.D.; 12-09-2012 at 02:18 PM. Reason: fix mistake

she's in a better position, IMO, than Kwan in 2006. Ashley was injured at the GPF and continued on and won the silver medal, so she's earned at the very least the opportunity to be considered for a bye - if she needs it.

I just hope she doesn't rush recovery due to timing. No need to make it worse and miss out next season.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast