CBC Documentary "Ice, Sweat & Tears" | Golden Skate

CBC Documentary "Ice, Sweat & Tears"

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
The CBC has announced a new documentary "Ice, Sweat and Tears" to be shown on the CBC program Doc Zone on Thursday (Dec. 13th) at 9:00 pm. It's about all the ups and downs of the skaters while they train for competition. It looks good.

http://www.cbc.ca/doczone/about.html

starryxskies

On the Ice
I believe the figure skating episode is going to be on March...7th (?) from what I remember hearing, right before Worlds. Should be a one off episode.

spikydurian

Medalist
Thanks Ladskater for the heads up. I am interested but I think it's probably geo-blocked outside Canada. Any chance of this documentary being made available to outside of Canada after it's initial airing? In fact, I was looking through the various series, and find some of the issues to be aired interesting and would like to view them too. Is there a link to all the past series (those I found on this website is not available when I tried to click on them)?

figuristka

Medalist
While i enjoyed the documentary, i think i expected a little more. It was mainly focused on last season, and i would have liked it to show a little more personally what each skater goes through in everyday life and competitons. Marina i wish was shown even more. She is a delightful and entertaining coach.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Many thanks, kelli. :)

On the same YouTube channel as the links above also is posted "Ice, Sweat and Tears," Part 3.