Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 152

Thread: 2014 Olympics: Asada vs. Kim

  1. #46
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,635
    If Liza wins Russian nationals or even wins a world medal which is extremely dobtful her pcs is not going to go from 53 to 63 and would need to be like 66 to go to Mao Carolina or Yuna level. The fact is that no one needs a 3f3t or anything like that. If Yuna can keep doing 3lz 3t and have it be consistent then maybe it will be needed. It's far more likely that yuna stops doing 3/3 than all of a sudden Mao or Carolina start doing them.

  2. #47
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lloret de Mar, Spain
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    So basically, you're feeding yourself more misery.

    Anyway, stay pressed.
    Thanks for your kindness.

  3. #48
    :) aftertherain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel5555 View Post
    Thanks for your kindness.
    You are most welcome.

  4. #49
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    34
    I'm kind of waiting for a new star to pop up. The event is more than a year away, so there is always the chance.
    Talking of Yuna and Mao, assuming they both do clean programs, Yuna will be the winner again.
    Mao will have to improve her toe jumps(Lutz, Flip) OR bring back 3A to beat Yuna in TES.
    But we never know what will happen. As I said, the event is more than a year away!

  5. #50
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,215
    Just for the sake of conversation, let's just look at the BV as planned by some of the skaters. You can see my work below.

    Won't make any comments, just let you read and discuss.


    ***
    Mao Asada:
    3Lo 5.10
    2A-3T 7.50
    3F 5.30
    3Z 6.00
    FCCSP4 3.50
    3S - 4.2
    3L-2L-2L- 9.57x
    CCoSp4 3.50
    3F+2Lo 7.81x
    FCSp4 3.20
    StSq4 3.90
    ChSq1 2.00
    Total: 61.58
    Actual BV at GPF: 55.78

    Yuna Kim:
    3Z-3T 10.10
    3F 5.3
    FCCoSP4 3.5
    3S 4.2
    StSq4 3.90
    3Zx 6.60
    2A-2T-2Lx 7.15
    3S-2Tx 6.05
    LSp4 2.70
    ChSq1 2.00
    2Ax 3.63
    CCoSp4 3.50
    Total: 58.63
    Actual at NRW: 51.88

    Akiko Suzuki
    3F-2T-2L 8.40
    2A-3T 7.40
    3Z 6.00
    FCsp4 3.20
    StSq4 3.90
    CCoSp4 3.50
    3Fx 5.83
    3L-2Tx 7.04
    3S 4.62
    3Lx 5.61
    ChSq1 2.00
    FCoSp4 3.50
    Total: 61.00
    Actual at GPF: 51.97

    Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
    3Z-3T 10.10
    3Z - 6.00
    3F - 5.30
    LSp4 - 2.70
    StSq3 - 3.30
    2A-3Tx - 8.14
    3S-2T-2L - 8.03
    FSSP4- 3.00
    3Lox 5.61
    ChSq 2.00
    2Ax 3.63
    CCosp 4 3.5
    Total: 61.31
    Actual: 60.31

    Ashley Wagner
    3F-2T-2T 7.90
    2A-2T 4.60
    3S 4.2
    FSsp4 3.0
    LSp4 2.70
    3Lx 5.61
    3Zx 6.60
    3L+2A SEQx - 7.39
    StSq3 - 3.30
    3Fx 5.83
    ChSq1 2.00
    CCoSp4 3.50
    Total: 56.63
    Actual at GPF: 51.80

  6. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Yes maos jump content is very very weak in the scale of what is possible and done by others sometimes but the 66 pcs speaks for itself as well as the spin and step scores Mao gets.

    Like Liza and her 53 pcs means she would have to do like 2 quads to be competitive or triple Axels or something.
    Liza's PCS is so poor that she must do 2 triple axels next season imo

  7. #52
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    332
    I expected so much from Mirai after seeing her at the last Olympics; pressures get the best of her performance and CHANCE for improvement. The same when I saw Liza last year; might be some chance to get there, if she greatly improves her PCS (I still see a potential, but it's been a long wait) and her speed. Julia... if she gains artistry without losing her jumps, will be a HARD contender; but unlikely so fast enough for Sochi. I love all three, still expect a lot.

    However, now that a few mentioned 3A and quads, I'm fascinated to say that I'm all for cheering Liza doing quads.

    LIZA FOR QUADS--! Who's with me?

  8. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    Quote Originally Posted by bebevia View Post
    I expected so much from Mirai after seeing her at the last Olympics; pressures get the best of her performance and CHANCE for improvement. The same when I saw Liza last year; might be some chance to get there, if she greatly improves her PCS (I still see a potential, but it's been a long wait) and her speed. Julia... if she gains artistry without losing her jumps, will be a HARD contender; but unlikely so fast enough for Sochi. I love all three, still expect a lot.

    However, now that a few mentioned 3A and quads, I'm fascinated to say that I'm all for cheering Liza doing quads.

    LIZA FOR QUADS--! Who's with me?
    doing quad is out of the question
    but 3A could be an option for her next season to get a bigger score compensating from her low PCS, her 2A are still huge and gets big distance

  9. #54
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Just for the sake of conversation, let's just look at the BV as planned by some of the skaters. You can see my work below.

    Won't make any comments, just let you read and discuss.
    Actually I heard(don't remember the source) that Yuna's Layback spin is planned for level3. Obviously she's not doing Biellmann this season.
    And we have to take edge calls into consideration.

  10. #55
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by creme cup View Post
    I'm kind of waiting for a new star to pop up. The event is more than a year away, so there is always the chance.
    Talking of Yuna and Mao, assuming they both do clean programs, Yuna will be the winner again.
    Mao will have to improve her toe jumps(Lutz, Flip) OR bring back 3A to beat Yuna in TES.
    But we never know what will happen. As I said, the event is more than a year away!
    What about Kaitlyn Osmond of Canada? She is 16 and this year has won Nebelhorn, Skate Canada, and just had an amazing skate at the qualifying competition for Canadian nationals called the Challenge. She scored 198.70 which would have won worlds last year or the GPF this year. Her technical score was 66.75
    Here is her scoresheet:
    http://results.skatecanada.ca/2012-2...gesDetails.pdf
    and here is her short program scoresheet:
    http://results.skatecanada.ca/2012-2...gesDetails.pdf
    Last edited by trains; 12-09-2012 at 11:34 PM.

  11. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    Quote Originally Posted by trains View Post
    What about Kaitlyn Osmond of Canada? She is 16 and this year has won Nebelhorn, Skate Canada, and just had an amazing skate at the qualifying competition for Canadian nationals called the Challenge. She scored 198.70 which would have won worlds last year or the GPF this year. Her technical score was 66.75
    Here is her scoresheet:
    http://results.skatecanada.ca/2012-2...gesDetails.pdf
    thats with inflation the highest she will place is top 5 if she does well
    her pcs wont be that high Yuna, Mao, Carolina and Ashley will score higher and beat her in PCS

  12. #57
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    doing quad is out of the question
    but 3A could be an option for her next season to get a bigger score compensating from her low PCS, her 2A are still huge and gets big distance
    Actually, even 3A is nonsense. I'm hoping she manages 3/3 good. But cheering for one is allowed.

  13. #58
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    160
    I wouldn't rule out Elizaveta. She's getting used to her growth spurt, but she's exciting to watch when she's on. I wouldn't rule out any of the Russian ladies for that matter. They are all talented, but haven't quite been able to break through as a lot of people thought they would. Even though Liza & Julia had spurts of grand prix success. They're not as polished in the presentation side of things, but they got the jumps. Plus, home-court advantage. I also really like Zijun and want a keep an eye out for her progress up to the Olympics.

  14. #59
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    oh good. I'm not alone in feeling that way!
    Make it three of us. I read that Japanese and Korean media already started Yuna vs Mao debates and it makes me sick. I would support Yuna vs Osmond rivalry discussion with all my heart

  15. #60
    Adiós Melon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by babayaga View Post
    Make it three of us. I read that Japanese and Korean media already started Yuna vs Mao debates and it makes me sick. I would support Yuna vs Osmond rivalry discussion with all my heart
    Actually, Korean Media doesn't account Mao in consideration. Korean media states that Yuna's rivalry is in fact herself

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •