Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 152

Thread: 2014 Olympics: Asada vs. Kim

  1. #61
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,538
    Kim back in the mix again and bringing back the Kim/Asada fanwars (which I was already sick to death of by 2010) I'm NOT looking forward to...

    I was hoping 2014 would come down to a new generation of women battling for Gold.

  2. #62
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by Melon View Post
    Actually, Korean Media doesn't account Mao in consideration. Korean media states that Yuna's rivalry is in fact herself
    Yeah, and Japan doesn't care about Yuna either. I'd like links to the sources that say so.

  3. #63
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    160
    I'm really looking forward to Sochi, but I still think it's too soon to tell. The gold could go to anyone at this point, imo.

  4. #64
    Adiós Melon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystallize View Post
    Yeah, and Japan doesn't care about Yuna either. I'd like links to the sources that say so.
    here you go~


    oh and it's funny you say Japan doesn't care about Yuna because this article clearly mentions Yuna
    Last edited by Melon; 12-10-2012 at 12:40 AM.

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by trains View Post
    What about Kaitlyn Osmond of Canada?
    Osmond's so called win at Skate Canada was one of the worst judging scandals of the Grand Prix, in a season full of scandals (Asada at NHK, V&T at GPF). One of the worst examples of inflated PCS and political scoring. She is not even the best in Canada and scored objectively, would struggle to get above 140 for a combined SP/LP.

    Next time Osmond competes internationally, all eyes will be on the judges to see if there is repeat of the Skate Canada scandal.

    As for Nebelhorn, all she beat there was a Sotnikova meltdown.
    Last edited by oksanafan; 12-10-2012 at 12:36 AM.

  6. #66
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    185
    Oksanafan, you must be a Suzuki fan. Osmond was ahead of Suzuki in the Sp because of Suzuki's mistakes. Osmond was behind Suzuki in the Lp. Suzuki seems to usually get low PCS. It is not every other skaters fault or a judging scandal. Suzuki is getting better as the season progresses. But so is Osmond. She has advanced a lot since JW and her marks have reflected that

  7. #67
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,639
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Liza's PCS is so poor that she must do 2 triple axels next season imo
    She has to dramatically increase her jump content. Even last year she won events but not a free skate because her pcs was so poor and got worse this season. She is going backwards in pcs. Seems like judges are rejecting everything about her in pcs. different choreographers and maybe she needs do something more drastic.

    Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    I wouldn't rule out Elizaveta. She's getting used to her growth spurt, but she's exciting to watch when she's on. I wouldn't rule out any of the Russian ladies for that matter. They are all talented, but haven't quite been able to break through as a lot of people thought they would. Even though Liza & Julia had spurts of grand prix success. They're not as polished in the presentation side of things, but they got the jumps. Plus, home-court advantage. I also really like Zijun and want a keep an eye out for her progress up to the Olympics.
    Having the jumps is not getting her where she needs to be. Liza needs to come back next season radically different in every pcs way. Someone has to be hired who can make her get non-embarrassing pcs.

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    She has to dramatically increase her jump content. Even last year she won events but not a free skate because her pcs was so poor and got worse this season. She is going backwards in pcs. Seems like judges are rejecting everything about her in pcs. different choreographers and maybe she needs do something more drastic.



    Having the jumps is not getting her where she needs to be. Liza needs to come back next season radically different in every pcs way. Someone has to be hired who can make her get non-embarrassing pcs.
    Liza is a short girl but she gained weight thus making her slow on the ice
    if she could lose weight net season she could build more speed her PCS should increase

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by hohoho View Post
    Oksanafan, you must be a Suzuki fan. Osmond was ahead of Suzuki in the Sp because of Suzuki's mistakes. Osmond was behind Suzuki in the Lp. Suzuki seems to usually get low PCS. It is not every other skaters fault or a judging scandal. Suzuki is getting better as the season progresses. But so is Osmond. She has advanced a lot since JW and her marks have reflected that
    All that has advanced in connection with Osmond, is Osmondflation. No way did that mistake ridden program deserve the marks it got. Political fix

  10. #70
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    She has to dramatically increase her jump content. Even last year she won events but not a free skate because her pcs was so poor and got worse this season. She is going backwards in pcs. Seems like judges are rejecting everything about her in pcs. different choreographers and maybe she needs do something more drastic.

    Having the jumps is not getting her where she needs to be. Liza needs to come back next season radically different in every pcs way. Someone has to be hired who can make her get non-embarrassing pcs.
    I never said that they were. I meant it's easier to work on polishing presentation when you have a pretty good jumping ability versus having great presentation qualities but only mediocre jumping ability. You got to land the jumps first. Figure skating is a reputation sport and consistency can boost overall pcs. I think Liza needs to get consistent again and work on using the entire rink to maximize her pcs. Julia could get higher her pcs too. She's a business girl right now and at times a robot, but I think if you get the right program suited for her and remind her to not to just skate from point A to point B (a smile wouldn't hurt either) and her interpretation score would increase.

  11. #71
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    34
    Surely Yuna and Mao will be strong competitors/candidates for the gold.
    Mao is a restless skater - she's never skipped a season and almost constantly on the podium. And she is so motivated for the gold.
    And now Yuna is back - there are things to work out but her jumps are just there, and she has never been out of the podium in her career.

    Also, there is room for new stars. We know that ANYTHING could happen.
    Honestly when I first saw Patrick Chan's skate, I never really expected him to become a quad jumper in several seasons.

  12. #72
    Custom Title christinaskater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    1,467
    Yu-Na Kim
    Mao Asada
    Miki Ando
    Carolina Kostner.
    Ashley Wagner
    Akiko Suzuki.

  13. #73
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by oksanafan View Post
    All that has advanced in connection with Osmond, is Osmondflation. No way did that mistake ridden program deserve the marks it got. Political fix
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But don't inflation" usually come after proving yourself? Can't wait to see "Osmondflation" once she shows her consistency and refinement

  14. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,147
    Quote Originally Posted by christinaskater View Post
    Yu-Na Kim
    Mao Asada
    Miki Ando
    Carolina Kostner.
    Ashley Wagner
    Akiko Suzuki.
    Miki Ando a contender for Sochi, dont make me laugh. She is basically retired at this point, and even if she did she would never reach the level to be competitive now that Asada is getting herself back together, and Kim is going back strongly.

  15. #75
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by Melon View Post
    here you go~


    oh and it's funny you say Japan doesn't care about Yuna because this article clearly mentions Yuna
    I didn't see the freaking article. good job for going out and finding it though. proved me wrong.

    But it seems that Yuna has been asked about Mao either way. http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskati...-comeback.html

    I guess there is hype after all.
    Last edited by Crystallize; 12-10-2012 at 09:12 AM.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •