Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: "Fantasy" partner for Volosozhar?

  1. #1
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    733

    "Fantasy" partner for Volosozhar?

    Imagine that there is no such pair as V/T. Back in 2010, after the Olympics both Max and Tanya have to make a choice who to skate with. What do you think, is it a good thing, after all, that they are a pair or not? Does not Maxim somehow pull Tanya's personality back? She has never fufilled her potencial with him and she is capable of a lot of things.
    I wish Tanya was "the star" of the pair. What kind of partner suits her the most? I wonder what would have been if she was paired with, f.e., Eric Radford)) I have a feeling that he is a stronger skater in his pair. Would Eric and Tanya get such scores as V/T now?


    P.S. - Don't start a nationality, federation blah-blah arguement

  2. #2
    - * - blue_idealist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,763
    I never thought of it before, but I think she would look good with Eric Radford. I like him with Duhamel though. I think Tatiana might look good with Rockne Brubaker.. hmm.. lol.

  3. #3
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    1,613
    I don't think there is currently a male skater as good as Tatiana. Maybe Smirnov?
    Off topic, I think Trankov and Savchenko would make an interesting team, imagine all the drama since both are strong leading characters

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    I like him well with Trankov, she may not be the star as you say from the pairs
    but she is able to control Trankovs' emotions who tends to be wild

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    I think Trankov and Savchenko would make an interesting team, imagine all the drama since both are strong leading characters
    and just imagine the quarrels. lol
    both are emotional and have strong personality

  6. #6
    Off the ice Buttercup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Left field
    Posts
    3,407
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I never thought of it before, but I think she would look good with Eric Radford. I like him with Duhamel though. I think Tatiana might look good with Rockne Brubaker.. hmm.. lol.
    She's too tall for him. He would need someone more Aliona-sized.

    An ideal partner for Tatiana, now that's an interesting question. I think she's super-talented but she has a limited artistic range, and a lot of good skaters would not suit her stylistically. So, a left-field suggestion: Ingo Steuer, if he were younger and still competing? It's not unprecedented

  7. #7
    - * - blue_idealist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    She's too tall for him. He would need someone more Aliona-sized.

    An ideal partner for Tatiana, now that's an interesting question. I think she's super-talented but she has a limited artistic range, and a lot of good skaters would not suit her stylistically. So, a left-field suggestion: Ingo Steuer, if he were younger and still competing? It's not unprecedented
    For some reason I always think of her as short, I guess because she's small.

  8. #8
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    When Morosov (of V/M) was retiring, there was some people wondering if she would go elsewhere. Radford had worked with Steuer before (V/M's coach) and there was a Canadian skater that asked about tryouts, but it was pretty clear where she was going. I think Tanya and Eric would've been interesting - their bodies are more closely matched than D/R's are, and she's got terrific air position in her lifts that would be accentuated by his height (is Eric taller than Maxim?) and I think artistically they pair quite well (Radford's got a very light classical look).

    I agree that Eric is probably stronger blade-to-ice than Megan, but she's worked hard on that. I'm glad it worked out as it did. Because when V/T are on, they are rather spectacular. Remember how exciting their Worlds debut was in Moscow?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •