"Fantasy" partner for Volosozhar? | Golden Skate

"Fantasy" partner for Volosozhar?

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Imagine that there is no such pair as V/T. Back in 2010, after the Olympics both Max and Tanya have to make a choice who to skate with. What do you think, is it a good thing, after all, that they are a pair or not? Does not Maxim somehow pull Tanya's personality back? She has never fufilled her potencial with him and she is capable of a lot of things.
I wish Tanya was "the star" of the pair. What kind of partner suits her the most? I wonder what would have been if she was paired with, f.e., Eric Radford)) I have a feeling that he is a stronger skater in his pair. Would Eric and Tanya get such scores as V/T now?

P.S. - Don't start a nationality, federation blah-blah arguement:)

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I never thought of it before, but I think she would look good with Eric Radford. I like him with Duhamel though. I think Tatiana might look good with Rockne Brubaker.. hmm.. lol.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I don't think there is currently a male skater as good as Tatiana. Maybe Smirnov?
Off topic, I think Trankov and Savchenko would make an interesting team, imagine all the drama since both are strong leading characters :biggrin:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I like him well with Trankov, she may not be the star as you say from the pairs
but she is able to control Trankovs' emotions who tends to be wild

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I think Trankov and Savchenko would make an interesting team, imagine all the drama since both are strong leading characters :biggrin:

and just imagine the quarrels. lol
both are emotional and have strong personality

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I never thought of it before, but I think she would look good with Eric Radford. I like him with Duhamel though. I think Tatiana might look good with Rockne Brubaker.. hmm.. lol.
She's too tall for him. He would need someone more Aliona-sized.

An ideal partner for Tatiana, now that's an interesting question. I think she's super-talented but she has a limited artistic range, and a lot of good skaters would not suit her stylistically. So, a left-field suggestion: Ingo Steuer, if he were younger and still competing? It's not unprecedented ;)

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
She's too tall for him. He would need someone more Aliona-sized.

An ideal partner for Tatiana, now that's an interesting question. I think she's super-talented but she has a limited artistic range, and a lot of good skaters would not suit her stylistically. So, a left-field suggestion: Ingo Steuer, if he were younger and still competing? It's not unprecedented ;)

For some reason I always think of her as short, I guess because she's small.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
When Morosov (of V/M) was retiring, there was some people wondering if she would go elsewhere. Radford had worked with Steuer before (V/M's coach) and there was a Canadian skater that asked about tryouts, but it was pretty clear where she was going. I think Tanya and Eric would've been interesting - their bodies are more closely matched than D/R's are, and she's got terrific air position in her lifts that would be accentuated by his height (is Eric taller than Maxim?) and I think artistically they pair quite well (Radford's got a very light classical look).

I agree that Eric is probably stronger blade-to-ice than Megan, but she's worked hard on that. I'm glad it worked out as it did. Because when V/T are on, they are rather spectacular. Remember how exciting their Worlds debut was in Moscow?