Thread: Kaetlyn Osmond

Hybrid View

Custom Title

Kaetlyn Osmond

What a phenomenal year for Kaetlyn Osmond

She win Nebelhorn Trophy, win Skate Canada and she has completely prove to Japanese that she is a figure skater to watch for World because at her last competition at Skate Canada Challenge (5-9 december), she delivered a performance superior to Mao Asada who won the Grand Prix Final.

She earn 198.70 at Skate Canada Challenge this year!
    http://results.skatecanada.ca/2012-2...catResults.pdf
    http://results.skatecanada.ca/2012-2...gesDetails.pdf

Kaetlyn is greatly improved and she has no pressure when she competes compared to other skaters.

I think this year that she is able to get the gold medal at the world championships. Why not, Yu-Na Kim and Mao Asada in their first year Senior and world championships have finished 2nd and 3rd respectively, while I think Kaetlyn is able to do the same and surprise the world with her superb programs. I love her skating

What are your thought about Kaetlyn Osmond this season ? Do you think that she has the potential to medal at the world championships and do you think that she is someone to watched at the next Olympic Games?
    Last edited by coolboogie22; 12-10-2012 at 08:43 AM.

Medalist
    I think it's just great that Canada has a lady who should easily finish in the top ten at Worlds. It was only a few short months ago that all hope was lost.

As for potential. Bronze medallists at worlds can often be a surprise as the pressure gets to the favourites and they fall apart an underdog can come through to snatch that bronze. But no, I think if all women skate to their potential Osmond is not on judges radar for a medal in London or Sochi. I think a top ten finish at this point is a great result. Top five would be phenomenal but again there are others on the radar to make that difficult.

But I do think she is an exciting rising star and it's nice to see a Canadian lady who looks like they enjoy to compete. I´m hoping she keeps that spirit and is like Meghan Duhamel in her approach to her skating ie..analytical and determined and positive.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by coolboogie22 View Post
    What a phenomenal year for Kaetlyn Osmond

She win Nebelhorn Trophy, win Skate Canada and she has completely prove to Japanese that she is a figure skater to watch for World because at her last competition at Skate Canada Challenge (5-9 december), she delivered a performance superior to Mao Asada who won the Grand Prix Final.

She earn 198.70 at Skate Canada Challenge this year!
    http://results.skatecanada.ca/2012-2...catResults.pdf

Kaetlyn is greatly improved and she has no pressure when she competes compared to other skaters.

I think this year that she is able to get the gold medal at the world championships. Why not, Yu-Na Kim and Mao Asada in their first year Senior and world championships have finished 2nd and 3rd respectively, while I think Kaetlyn is able to do the same and surprise the world with her superb programs. I love her skating

What are your thought about Kaetlyn Osmond this season ? Do you think that she has the potential to medal at the world championships and do you think that she is someone to watched at the next Olympic Games?
    Given your other posts in other threads, you are quite obviously completely obsessed by Osmond. We get that. Do you really need to start another thread about your obsession? She did not deserve to win Skate Canada. That was Osmondflation and a political fix. Suzuki was the real winner of that competition. Osmond is not even the best in Canada and marked objectively would struggle to score above 140 (SP/LP combined). She has some potential, but is not yet a world class competitor. She should be allowed to develop at her own rate, instead of been promoted beyond what she is currently capable of. Next time she competes internationally, a lot of people will be closely scrutinising her scores to double check for any further Skate Canada type shenanigans
    Last edited by oksanafan; 12-10-2012 at 09:32 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by oksanafan View Post
    Given your other posts in other threads, you are quite obviously completely obsessed by Osmond. We get that. Do you really need to start another thread about your obsession? She did not deserve to win Skate Canada. That was Osmondflation and a political fix. Suzuki was the real winner of that competition. Osmond is not even the best in Canada and marked objectively would struggle to score above 140 (SP/LP combined). She has some potential, but is not yet a world class competitor. She should be allowed to develop at her own rate, instead of been promoted beyond what she is currently capable of. Next time she competes internationally, a lot of people will be closely scrutinising her scores to double check for any further Skate Canada type shenanigans
    How could you explain such good results at Skate Canada Challenge this year ? and how could you explain that she win every competition internationnally? If I would talking about Asada or Kim, everyone would be agree with me. But because Osmond is new in the field everyone is bashing her for being great suddenly.

Kaetlyn Osmond is certainly someone to watch at the world this year and if Akiko Suzuki didn't win Skate Canada this year it's because she was slow in her skating and have a bad skate in the SP. I watch her live at Skate Canada and I can confirm that Suzuki in live is much slower than Osmond in her skating. So, it's normal that Suzuki look less impressive even if she is pretty, she doesn't sell her performance cause of her speed and her spin are not as good as Osmond.

Custom Title
    I'd refrain my praise on Osmond till I see more impressive result/results.

I didn't agree with her win at Skate Canada. I don't dispute speed + better spins on Osmond's part (Akiko's spins have always been something she should work on), but I think Osmond got a little too much of a PCS boost on her part for a program that her team even said was packaged to ease her transition into the senior ranks. Akiko only lost by a little over a point, so that made all the difference, IMO.

I also think her score at Skate Canada Challenge is inflated. Domestic events, on the whole, are, so I'm not trying to pick on Kaetlyn by saying this. I don't see her getting 198 internationally. I think a score in the 170s is more reasonable, which would put her within the top 10 pretty easily, but I don't see her challenging for the podium.

Currently on my list (http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...-165-on-the-GP) , she has the 14th highest score in the GP and is No. 8 as far a SBs among the senior level skaters.

That said, I do like Kaetlyn and her skating overall and the judging stuff does not change that view. I think she has a great attitude and outlook. I do expect she will win Canadians easily and has a lot of good things ahead of her.

No. This is my opinion: she's not a world medal skater, considering Yu-Na's, Mao's and Ashley's level (and we have yet to see Kostner), but maybe at 4CC (thinking that Yu-Na won't compete there)... Frankly, I think that her 65 PCS at SC Challenge was absolutely overscored but it's normal, since it's a national competition. But, she's really a good skater, so young and so talented: if just she had a 3F+3T instead of the 3T+3T she could really be a contender, I think it will come down to the PCS...