Kaetlyn Osmond | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Kaetlyn Osmond

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
A new star in figure skating for sure)) Canada, you can be proud)))
PS - so pumped to see her againt our girls at Worlds in Canada!))+some really young and promising Americans should be there too)

Ravensque

On the Ice
This poor girl has a lot to contend with being the only Canadian Female skater there, and trying to get 2 spots for Canada in order to get one of the other promising young skaters Worlds and Olympics next year...........What a challenge she has ahead of her.........This kid seems to have nerves of steel, and a joy of skating rarely seen.............I think she can do it. I sure hope so.

spikydurian

Medalist
This poor girl has a lot to contend with being the only Canadian Female skater there, and trying to get 2 spots for Canada in order to get one of the other promising young skaters Worlds and Olympics next year...........What a challenge she has ahead of her.........This kid seems to have nerves of steel, and a joy of skating rarely seen.............I think she can do it. I sure hope so.
Indeed Ravensque. Lots of pressure on Kaetlyn's shoulder. I hope she knows how to deal with it and not let it get in the way. Just do what she has trained to do and enjoy herself. It's her first World and anything less than 10 is an achievement. Go Katelyn go.

spikydurian

Medalist
Any news on Kaetlyn lately? Her LP and SP? She has just graduate from high school so I assume she will have more time for training? Looking forward to her programs.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Pilates and planks give this Canadian champion skater a jump on the competition
Hayley Mick
The Globe and Mail
Published Sunday, Jul. 14 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
Last updated Monday, Jul. 15 2013, 8:41 AM EDT
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life...er-a-jump-on-the-competition/article13204764/

Excerpt/introduction:
We asked medal hopefuls to dish on their summer workout regimes and share their best exercise tips for our readers. This week: Kaetlyn Osmond. Like many Canadian teens, Kaetlyn Osmond will head to the mall this summer – only instead of goofing off at the food court, she’ll be gliding and twirling around West Edmonton Mall’s ice rink, her main training venue. The 17-year-old Canadian women’s figure skating champion, who finished eighth at the World Championships this year after a breakthrough season, will be fine-tuning two new programs that she hopes will get her to her first Olympic Games. She’ll also be improving her fitness off the ice, with weekly sessions of Pilates. But come the weekend, she says, she forgets about skating – which means Carrie Underwood tunes, hanging out poolside with friends and “being a normal teenager, I guess.”​

phaeljones

On the Ice
Pilates and planks give this Canadian champion skater a jump on the competition
Hayley Mick
The Globe and Mail
Published Sunday, Jul. 14 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
Last updated Monday, Jul. 15 2013, 8:41 AM EDT
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life...er-a-jump-on-the-competition/article13204764/

Excerpt:
We asked medal hopefuls to dish on their summer workout regimes and share their best exercise tips for our readers. This week: Kaetlyn Osmond. Like many Canadian teens, Kaetlyn Osmond will head to the mall this summer – only instead of goofing off at the food court, she’ll be gliding and twirling around West Edmonton Mall’s ice rink, her main training venue. The 17-year-old Canadian women’s figure skating champion, who finished eighth at the World Championships this year after a breakthrough season, will be fine-tuning two new programs that she hopes will get her to her first Olympic Games. She’ll also be improving her fitness off the ice, with weekly sessions of Pilates. But come the weekend, she says, she forgets about skating – which means Carrie Underwood tunes, hanging out poolside with friends and “being a normal teenager, I guess.”​

It is great to see how Kaetlyn seems to always come across smartly in interviews. Wonderful to see someone with her talent have great personality and with her personality have such great talent!

emdee

Final Flight
Thanks golden....I forgot that I knew that.
I saw the video with her costumes.

lcd

Match Penalty
Cleopatra is a good "look" for her. Fits with her dark features like eyes and hair. Very Elizabeth Taylor :thumbsup: