Kaetlyn Osmond | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Kaetlyn Osmond

TGee

Record Breaker
I'm praying that the ice is in better shape tomorrow.

I want so much for her to go for it and show her best, with no questions about the conditions....

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Come on Kaetlyn! :hap10: Hoping for a great skate for her! I have predicted her for the podium, and I hope I'm right!

TGee

Record Breaker
Could not ask for more from today's SP at the GPF....:2thumbs:

Hoping for a strong FS tomorrow and a podium finish, but however you do Kaetlyn, you have stopped the disbelief in Canadian women cold today! Bless you.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She really looked like she was having fun out there today. Hope tomorrow goes as well for her.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
It was so good to see that Kaetlyn delivered what she can show to the world. :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
kaetlyn was fabulous! i couldn't watch it live but just watched the top 4... my favourite performance of the day!!!! YAY!!!! Keep believing Kaetlyn!

tulosai

Record Breaker
I just love Katelyn. When she is on, I honestly think she's the best in the world. She has it all- explosive jumps, lovely and difficult spins, a grasp of the kind of music she is performing to and the personality and musicality to actually perform it to its fullest... she even has engaging footwork sequences, and I gave up on those years ago. I hope she can skate her best again tonight :cheer:

Kirei

On the Ice
That 3F-3T was amazing, definitely the best 3-3 of the night! Now, if only she could put a clean FS together, she will challenge for the top spots.
She has had such bad luck with injuries the past couple of seasons, so I'm extra happy she's healthy and reaching her potential.

I haven't really done the math, but with the US ladies looking vulnerable, what are the chances that Canada gets 3 spots for the Olympics?

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Really enjoyed Kaetlyn's skating. She was one of my picks for the podium! I think both of her programs are winners - the SP cos it's a little rowdier and gets the crowd going and clapping, and the FS because of its classical nature. I especially like the waltz section in the middle. Will be watching her for the rest of the year to see how she does.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
considering her score with the pops/flawed combos, it's very encouraging for Kaetlyn. On top of that, she had the toughest opposition. Congrats and keep it going.... there's room for 2 more triples in there...

oh and WOW !!! she landed the loop!!! YA!!!!!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
That 3F-3T was amazing, definitely the best 3-3 of the night! Now, if only she could put a clean FS together, she will challenge for the top spots.
She has had such bad luck with injuries the past couple of seasons, so I'm extra happy she's healthy and reaching her potential.

I haven't really done the math, but with the US ladies looking vulnerable, what are the chances that Canada gets 3 spots for the Olympics?

Canada needs to place their top 2 girls within a total ranking of 13.. so 6-7, 5-8,9-4. 10-3.11-2.12-1

It will first depend on who is selected... but Kaetlyn this year has beaten all the top women except for Anna and Evgenia.

The us ladies, 3 of them will be at worlds, have not done very well except for Skate America.
The russians, 3 of them will be at worlds. It seems like it would take a big uspet to beat the top two... however, they other girls have shown vulnerability.

In other words, when the rest of the world is having a bit of consistency issues, Canada is getting stronger. I wouldn't be surprised if our girls placed in the mid pack of the top ten and got the 13 total needed...

Just for fun

1 Zhenya
2 Anna
3 Satoko
4 Wakaba
5 Kaetlyn
6 Ashley
7 Gracie
8 Gabby

this would give Canada, Japan , USA and Russia 3 ladies at olympics...everyone would be happy ;)

IleK

On the Ice
I really thought Kaetlyn will medal. She really deserved it. The competition had a very high level. They all faught. And I was thinking: wow, what a comeback, her first GPF and a medal. It was close. I wasn't a fan, until this year. I liked her jumps before but i never had the nerves to watch her skate and understand her programs because she was falling so badly and that ruined everything. She came back better. And I hope she is on a high way. It would be a pity not to be on top with such qualities, she needs to hold her nerves because she has everyting else and more. I want her to medal at Worlds. My dream podium Anna, Kaetlyn and Ashley with their best performances. Well, that's just a dream because there are many spoilers:)

abbykitty

Rinkside
Canada needs to place their top 2 girls within a total ranking of 13.. so 6-7, 5-8,9-4. 10-3.11-2.12-1

It will first depend on who is selected... but Kaetlyn this year has beaten all the top women except for Anna and Evgenia.

The us ladies, 3 of them will be at worlds, have not done very well except for Skate America.
The russians, 3 of them will be at worlds. It seems like it would take a big uspet to beat the top two... however, they other girls have shown vulnerability.

In other words, when the rest of the world is having a bit of consistency issues, Canada is getting stronger. I wouldn't be surprised if our girls placed in the mid pack of the top ten and got the 13 total needed...

Just for fun

1 Zhenya
2 Anna
3 Satoko
4 Wakaba
5 Kaetlyn
6 Ashley
7 Gracie
8 Gabby

this would give Canada, Japan , USA and Russia 3 ladies at olympics...everyone would be happy ;)

Kaetlyn beat Anna (and Mao and Liza) at Finlandia Trophy earlier this year:

http://www.figureskatingresults.fi/results/1617/CSFIN2016/CAT002RS.HTM

so happy for Kaetlyn's success this year! I just remember watching her fall on every single jump at SC last year, and now she's right up there with the best in the world. :)

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
That's correct abbykitty, in their only other head to head competition this season, Kaetlyn beat 2 former world champs and the current world bronze medalist (Mao, Liza and AnnaP) in Helsinki, in October.

Re SC 2015, I had a umm...a discussion this fall with a poster who said Kaelyn was always gifted as SC. I reminded said individual, that she finished 11/12 in 2015, while competing in a recovery year, so no bouquets given then ;)

Last edited:

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
I've become a big fan of Kaetlyn after watching her this season! To me, it appears that her mistakes may be more due to stamina than nerves, since she consistently nails the toughest elements through the beginning of the second half, and her mistakes have come in the last third or so of her program. I would think that's an easier issue to fix than nerves. Regardless, I wish her every success the rest of the season! I believe she has a great chance to be on the podium at Worlds.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
even better... i had forgotten about anna being there :)
Kaetlyn beat Anna (and Mao and Liza) at Finlandia Trophy earlier this year:

http://www.figureskatingresults.fi/results/1617/CSFIN2016/CAT002RS.HTM

so happy for Kaetlyn's success this year! I just remember watching her fall on every single jump at SC last year, and now she's right up there with the best in the world. :)

ETA

BTW : i did a rough potential ranking just to show a very possible way Canadian girls could get 3 spots this season... but yes... they could do better :) and of course, they could do worse...

Last edited: