Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Kaetlyn Osmond

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Osmond's photo represents Canada's Sochi hopefuls -- from all sports -- as the illustration for this Olympic preview.

And the text has brief quotes from Osmond, Weaver, and Poje.

Field of Play: Defining Canada's Olympic prospects
    By Scott Russell Posted: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 | 07:40 PM
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/opinion/201...prospects.html

Any news on Kaetlyn lately? Her LP and SP? She has just graduate from high school so I assume she will have more time for training? Looking forward to her programs.

Pilates and planks give this Canadian champion skater a jump on the competition
    Hayley Mick
    The Globe and Mail
    Published Sunday, Jul. 14 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
    Last updated Monday, Jul. 15 2013, 8:41 AM EDT
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...ticle13204764/

Excerpt/introduction:
    We asked medal hopefuls to dish on their summer workout regimes and share their best exercise tips for our readers. This week: Kaetlyn Osmond. Like many Canadian teens, Kaetlyn Osmond will head to the mall this summer – only instead of goofing off at the food court, she’ll be gliding and twirling around West Edmonton Mall’s ice rink, her main training venue. The 17-year-old Canadian women’s figure skating champion, who finished eighth at the World Championships this year after a breakthrough season, will be fine-tuning two new programs that she hopes will get her to her first Olympic Games. She’ll also be improving her fitness off the ice, with weekly sessions of Pilates. But come the weekend, she says, she forgets about skating – which means Carrie Underwood tunes, hanging out poolside with friends and “being a normal teenager, I guess.”

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Pilates and planks give this Canadian champion skater a jump on the competition
    Hayley Mick
    The Globe and Mail
    Published Sunday, Jul. 14 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
    Last updated Monday, Jul. 15 2013, 8:41 AM EDT
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...ticle13204764/

Excerpt:
    We asked medal hopefuls to dish on their summer workout regimes and share their best exercise tips for our readers. This week: Kaetlyn Osmond. Like many Canadian teens, Kaetlyn Osmond will head to the mall this summer – only instead of goofing off at the food court, she’ll be gliding and twirling around West Edmonton Mall’s ice rink, her main training venue. The 17-year-old Canadian women’s figure skating champion, who finished eighth at the World Championships this year after a breakthrough season, will be fine-tuning two new programs that she hopes will get her to her first Olympic Games. She’ll also be improving her fitness off the ice, with weekly sessions of Pilates. But come the weekend, she says, she forgets about skating – which means Carrie Underwood tunes, hanging out poolside with friends and “being a normal teenager, I guess.”
    It is great to see how Kaetlyn seems to always come across smartly in interviews. Wonderful to see someone with her talent have great personality and with her personality have such great talent!

Custom Title
    Any news of Kaetlyn's SP & LP?

According to the master list that Doris keeps on Page 1 of the Programs thread:

Kaetlyn Osmond CAN
    SP Sweet Charity soundtrack
    LP Cleopatra

Custom Title
    Thanks golden....I forgot that I knew that.
    I saw the video with her costumes.

Custom Title
    Lovely pics of KO with her new costumes on her Facebook page.

Tripping on the Podium
    Lovely. Just lovely.

Banned
    Cleopatra is a good "look" for her. Fits with her dark features like eyes and hair. Very Elizabeth Taylor

Kaetlyn Osmond ‏@kaetlyn_23
    Getting ready to board the plane to LA!!!! So excited to train there for the next couple of weeks
    8:09 AM - 13 Aug 13
    https://twitter.com/kaetlyn_23/statu...01993884172289

And BTW, Osmond is the only figure skater selected for the CBC list below:
    Sochi Social: 6 Canadian athletes to follow
    By Monika Platek
    Posted: Thursday, August 8, 2013 | 09:21 AM
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/community/o...to-follow.html

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Kaetlyn Osmond ‏@kaetlyn_23
    Getting ready to board the plane to LA!!!! So excited to train there for the next couple of weeks
    8:09 AM - 13 Aug 13
    https://twitter.com/kaetlyn_23/statu...01993884172289

And BTW, Osmond is the only figure skater selected for the CBC list below:
    Sochi Social: 6 Canadian athletes to follow
    By Monika Platek
    Posted: Thursday, August 8, 2013 | 09:21 AM
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/community/o...to-follow.html
    I suspect that the media strategy involves "layering" the list of athletes over the coming months. The ladies champ in figure skating is always a strong attention grabber to start.

Hi everyone! I just want to let everyone know how things are going....
    A month ago, I started to feel pain in my left foot. The MRI results found a "stress reaction" in a bone in my foot. I haven't been able to skate much and have been in an air cast. I've been working with my trainer and have been biking, swimming, and doing Pilates to keep active. I'm happy to say that my doctor just gave me the news that I can return to the ice. My coach and I have made a plan to get me back on track as soon as possible and I'm so excited to get back on the ice!!!
    Thanks for all the nice messages and words of encouragement!
    Kaetlyn
    (posted on her FB page)
    I hope this won't affect her GP preparation...

Custom Title
    It has definitely effected her preparation if she was off skating for so long. However, there is still time for nats and olys and as of now the GP is less important.

I hope she does skate in Skate Canada as I am looking forward to seeing her again.

Banned
    maybe that's the reason for her weight issues and more than usual falls 2 in SP and 3 in FS ( well 3 Falls is almost her average falls for FS )

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast