Kaetlyn Osmond | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Kaetlyn Osmond

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She really came out with some fire today, didn't she?! And she looked like she was having fun out there.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Kaetlyn was indeed fabulous at Finlandia. The speed, attack and genuine smiles during her performance were all priceless. :)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
What a comeback! And I was challenged for calling her part of Canada's A Team! It was like she never took time off or was injured. Kaetlyn :rock:

Stay :cool2: and build momentum, Kaetlyn!

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Kaetlyn won gold in Finland. Woot.
I was there in Finland, and it was great to see her succeeding after so many past setbacks and misfortunes. Lovely performances, she has such spirit and personality. Here are some of my photos of her from Finlandia.

Hope she builds on that success for the rest of the season...

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
WOW! Beautiful photos... i cannot wait for Osmond4gold to see these ;)

I was there in Finland, and it was great to see her succeeding after so many past setbacks and misfortunes. Lovely performances, she has such spirit and personality. Here are some of my photos of her from Finlandia.

Hope she builds on that success for the rest of the season...

sarama

Medalist
Congratulations to Kaetlyn for her second place at Skate Canada:clap:! Her SP was outstanding, she really fought through her FS and did a good job with it despite some mistakes. She has been through so much during her senior career, and her speed and jump amplitude make it difficult for her to be consistent, so she should be really proud of herself and hopefully this two positive back-to-back competitions are the beginning of a season where she can really show her potential.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
i thoroughly enjoyed Kaetlyn's FS today. Vast improvement from her last outing. both SP and FS.
She is absolutely much more sure footed in her jumps and skating in general than her last outing. I will not expect Kaetlyn to be super consistent right away. it will never be possible for skaters with womanly body and huge flying jumps like hers. But her coming back is surely on the way.
And at the end of day, she is a gem, and great joy to watch.

liv

Record Breaker
What a wonderful long program. Having seen the competition live, I am amazed at how many skaters have impressed me when before they did not. Kaetlyn is one of them. I enjoyed her short but that long drew me in and kept me there. Wonderful program. She really reaches out to the audience, always looking up and out. Excited to see her healthy (knock on wood) and ready to compete.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
I was shaking like a leaf for most of the day. The morning practice did not go well with mistakes on the 3/3 and a fall on the Lutz. I had wondered if she was rattled having been in a position to podium previously, only to have it slip away. The newspaper article did not help either. However, seeing her respond after the fall, was awe inspiring. It was really up to her whether she wanted this enough to trust herself and her training, to be able to deliver in the moment.

I saw a confidence and maturity there, that is new. For me, the ability to-do when it counted, was the best part to her skating.

So proud of Kaetlyn, and Alaine as well. Two great LP's here!

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Congratulation, Kaetlyn for the Silver Medal at Skate Canada!

What a wonderful display of quality and spirited skating, joyful and soulful performances, and the strong mind of leaving the fall behind and keeping at doing her best for herself and the audience. Not only does she deserve the marks and the silver medal, she deserves all the love and admiration of skating fans and professionals in this sport.

senatormls

On the Ice
She is delightful to watch, especially her lines. Her jump technique does leave a question mark. Her axes are very tilted andeven though she has fast rotation, I do worry about future falls.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Daring to dream here ...thinkin' a clean skated 7 triple Osmond LP, could beat Med's LP at Worlds. The program gets stronger every time she skates it. For the record, my predictions had Kaetlyn in for the silver medal at SC, when others in that thread thought impossible.

Thoughts...

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i had her for bronze ;) wasn't too far off. Kaetlyn is smart. She knew she needed the 3-3... she fixed that... now, she needs to work on getting that 3T off the 2a and fixing her 3Loop.... I am thinking the 2A-3T is very close. Cannot wait to see how she does next. She has the total package
Daring to dream here ...thinkin' a clean skated 7 triple Osmond LP, could beat Med's LP at Worlds. The program gets stronger every time she skates it. For the record, my predictions had Kaetlyn in for the silver medal at SC, when others in that thread thought impossible.

Thoughts...