Half time show: Thoughts from the season so far - MEN | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Half time show: Thoughts from the season so far - MEN

seele

Rinkside
Aided by his every grossly inflated PCS and GOE scores,

As for generous GOE

The judges are too generous on Daisuke's jump..especially on UR jumps.

For examples,At GPF His first quad looked UR but he didn't get <.
His 3Lz+2T+2Lo should have gotten< (3Lz+2T+2Lo<) but He get GOE 0.70.

But you do not seem to care about these.

Last edited:

skatinginbc

Medalist
How many of them can you name out of 12 :cool: boys? :biggrin:
Is that Plushenko, the one with a Rudolph nose in the leftmost bottom corner? :biggrin:
Interesting to know that at this moment Dai is leading the poll while Yuzuru and Kozuka are in a virtaul tie. Chan is way in the back seat. Can I equate that to his popularity in Japan?

Last edited:

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Is that Plushenko, the one with a Rudolph nose in the leftmost bottom corner? :biggrin:
Interesting to know that at this moment Dai is leading the poll while Yuzuru and Kozuka are in a virtaul tie. Chan is way in the back seat. Can I equate that to his popularity in Japan?
Even Gachi has collected more points, not saying about Abbot and Javi. Plu is curently 4th after the cash cow Dai in huge lead and Hanyu/Kozuka having the same number of points. Not a surprise about Plu either considering his popularity in Japan, even if he doesn't compete much internationally. :)

skatinginbc

Medalist
the one with a Rudolph nose in the leftmost bottom corner? :biggrin:
Sorry, I meant rightmost bottom corner. Stupid me, who couldn't even tell the left from the right. So I went to see a doctor. He said, "You are mentally challenged." I said, "I need a second opinion." And he responded, "You are ugly, too."

hurrah

Medalist
Sorry, I meant rightmost bottom corner. Stupid me, who couldn't even tell the left from the right. So I went to see a doctor. He said, "You are mentally challenged." I said, "I need a second opinion." And he responded, "You are ugly, too."

Ummm?? What a interesting post! I can't make heads or tails out of it.

LRK

Record Breaker
-Joubert will retire after a really low finish at Worlds.

Why would he?

Clarification: I mean, why would he retire? I don't actually believe he'll end up so low (hope springs eternal and what-not - besides, I wasn't reading this forum last year, but I'll wager not many here thought he'd end up 4th... ), but supposing he does, why would that make him want to retire? The Olympics is next year, and he wants to attend - and it's not like there are a whole lot of French guys lining up to take his place - there's Florent and... ?

starryxskies

On the Ice
Why would he?

Clarification: I mean, why would he retire? I don't actually believe he'll end up so low (hope springs eternal and what-not - besides, I wasn't reading this forum last year, but I'll wager not many here thought he'd end up 4th... ), but supposing he does, why would that make him want to retire? The Olympics is next year, and he wants to attend - and it's not like there are a whole lot of French guys lining up to take his place - there's Florent and... ?

I agree. He always claims he can't "do it" at the Olympics so with 1 year left, he's not gonna give up that chance to try to do it again. He'll try as long as he can. He needs to give Olympics one last chance with all he's got to redeem himself for himself. And I hope he'll be able to make himself proud when Sochi rolls around.

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Too bad there are only three medals and you have three Japanese men who could sweep the podium - though which ones is an issue. We mustn't forget Plushy, the Americans, the Czech boys, Fernandez and Chan. Even his own compatriot Amodio could beat him realistically. I can't blame the guy for trying but he has had his chance - mind you life isn't fair so who knows some people keep trying until they get that elusive medal - and many don;t make it.

starryxskies

On the Ice
Too bad there are only three medals and you have three Japanese men who could sweep the podium - though which ones is an issue. We mustn't forget Plushy, the Americans, the Czech boys, Fernandez and Chan. Even his own compatriot Amodio could beat him realistically. I can't blame the guy for trying but he has had his chance - mind you life isn't fair so who knows some people keep trying until they get that elusive medal - and many don;t make it.

Oh I don't doubt his chance has long gone. I meant making himself proud in the sense that he'll be happy with his performance in Sochi relative to Vancouver at least. I think realistically he knows about his chances pretty well.

LRK

Record Breaker
Oh I don't doubt his chance has long gone. I meant making himself proud in the sense that he'll be happy with his performance in Sochi relative to Vancouver at least. I think realistically he knows about his chances pretty well.

Indeed - and exactly. I mean, how much worse than Vancouver can it be? So, what has he to lose, really? And, saving Florent, as far as I know, no other French guy at his best is likely to do better than Brian at his worst - so why not?

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I mean, why would he retire? I don't actually believe he'll end up so low (hope springs eternal and what-not - besides, I wasn't reading this forum last year, but I'll wager not many here thought he'd end up 4th... ), but supposing he does, why would that make him want to retire? The Olympics is next year, and he wants to attend - and it's not like there are a whole lot of French guys lining up to take his place - there's Florent and... ?
I think Joubert probably wants to skate at the Olympics in a way he can be proud of. It's not necessarily about the specific placement.

That said, there is the team event. And France has a great dance team, two good men who could split SP/LP duties, a pair that is on the rise and a lady who also appears to be moving up. I don't think they are favorites for a medal, but they are certainly not long shots, either.

lakeside

On the Ice
-Joubert will retire after a really low finish at Worlds.
Why would he?

Pangtongfan always says that about skaters s/he doesn't like, e.g., Plushenko will finish low and embarrass himself at Olympics, Joubert will retire after a really low finish at Worlds. You’ll get used to his/her posts. ;)

Aided by his every grossly inflated PCS and GOE scores,
As for generous GOE

The judges are too generous on Daisuke's jump..especially on UR jumps.

For examples,At GPF His first quad looked UR but he didn't get <.
His 3Lz+2T+2Lo should have gotten< (3Lz+2T+2Lo<) but He got GOE 0.73.

But you do not seem to care about these.
I’ve been busy and stayed away from the forums for a while. When I returned I read that this poster is picking on Patrick in almost every single thread. I watched Patrick’s LP at GPF and did not see his GOE grossly inflated. He made mistakes and was punished for his mistakes. Takahashi, OTOH, was overscored in GOE and PCS, and he under-rotated so many jumps but was not called.

How could he get three -2 GOEs on that hard fall and only -0.29 on that 3A? If you compare the LPs of Patrick and Takahashi and if you’re not biased, then you’ll see Patrick was not grossly inflated in GOE but Takahashi was. As for under-rotated jumps, besides the jumps you mentioned, Takahashi also under-rotated his second 4t. It should’ve been 4t<3t<, and his 3a2t should’ve been 3a<2t<. Takahashi was overscored more than 6 points in TES. If scoring was fair, he should not have won GPF.

seele

Rinkside
I checked out the scores again. And I found the mistake.
Daisuke get GOE 0.70 not 0.73 on 3Lz+2T+2Lo.

Last edited:

seele

Rinkside
What about Chan's two -2 GOEs on much harder fall? And the only obvious under-rotation here was Chan first 4T.

You don't know what UR is?
Patrick's first quad jump is definitely not UR.

Check out Daisuke's 3Lz+2T+2Lo. You can see the UR jump.

Chan's first quad get -2.86, Daisuke -2.71(and this jump looks UR)
Patrick's quad the most of time is fully rotated even if he fall.

Plus Chan's first 3A -0.86, Daisuke's first 3A -0.29

Last edited:

evangeline

Record Breaker
Just check out Patrick's first quad and Daisuke's first quad.
Then you can see Patrick's jump is more rotated.

That's not what UR is. It doesn't matter whose quad is more rotated, what matters in UR is that the jump is missing no more than 1/4 rotation.

seele

Rinkside
I don't want to argue about these things.
But I can't help but think there is double standard for some skaters.
As for Chan,
It seems some people only analyze Chan's protocol and complain about this and that.
If you look at the other skaters', You can find the strange things too.
But they do not seem to care about the others.
(I mean TES. PCS is quite subjective. )

Last edited: