Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Alissa Czisny sightings?

Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    The thought of Alissa edging out the field for silver and making the World team truly frightens me. It could happen though because she accrues so many more points on spins and PCS than her competitors.
    Well, it will be up to Mirai, Gracie, etc. to beat her.

Custom Title
    I would prefer that Czisny not be sent to Worlds if she is below par technically (in other words, if she is held up by massive PCS scores). A shaky Czisny is not a safe bet if Olympic places are on the line because ISU judges won't be as generous as USFS judges.

I got your program components right here. Pepe Nero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    It could happen though because she accrues so many more points on spins and PCS than her competitors.
    Deservedly. (Sarcasm: "Oh, wait: Do you mean to tell me that in figure skating, jumps are not the only thing that matters?!")

Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Those are huge deficits to be overcome. Czisny hasn't been in top form since the 2010-2011 season; with spots for Sochi on the line, USFS isn't going to give her a huge advantage going in unless she shows that she has regained top form. And there are many skaters besides Wagner who have skated well enough this season to offer stiff competition: Gold, Nagasu and Angela Wang, to name a few.
    Yes. Comments of this sort were the the type I was referring to when I first commented on this thread.

Custom Title
    deleted found answer
    Last edited by Icey; 01-12-2013 at 08:52 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3