Alissa Czisny sightings? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Alissa Czisny sightings?

amc987

On the Ice
Great to see Alissa back on the ice! I think it's difficult to ascertain anything about Alissa's condition from that video, though. The jumps are always the litmus test for her.

leafygreens

Final Flight
Alissa skated in Fashion on Ice and looked great (video is on Ice Network). She was wearing this massive tutu skirt by Betsey Johnson and still did a couple of jumps and some nice spins. She did not make any errors.

leafygreens

Final Flight
^^ But when was the IN video of Fashion on Ice recorded? Any chance that it was the 2011 show http://www.dissonskating.com/fashion-on-ice/?

Don't think a Fashion on Ice show has been held in 2012 ... :confused2:

The date on Ice Network says Dec. 4, 2012, but on Disson site it says the show was on Nov. 24, 2011. Maybe IN is just airing it almost a year late??? :laugh: I knew it was too good to be true. Alissa looked to be in excellent form, not like she just had surgery.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The date on Ice Network says Dec. 4, 2012, but on Disson site it says the show was on Nov. 24, 2011. Maybe IN is just airing it almost a year late??? :laugh: I knew it was too good to be true. Alissa looked to be in excellent form, not like she just had surgery.

I think it probably aired on Dec. 4 but the show was earlier, which is par for the course for Disson shows. Yeah, I guess IN has to wait a bit before they have the rights to air them.

Pepe Nero

On the Ice
Yeah, I think that Fashion on Ice show was quite a while ago. I remember having a strong dislike for what they made AC wear, but the memory was based in events well more than a year ago.

I mainly wanted to comment on how some folks felt the need to come onto this thread and criticize Alissa Czisny. I read posts like that and think, "What the heck?" The name of this thread is not "What do you think about Alissa Czisny?" So why do people who are regular contributors to Golden Skate, having already made their opinions about AC clear in other threads, feel the need to come onto this thread (the purpose of which is clearly to share information about AC's physical skating-related status) and criticize her skating? I would like to understand the psychology behind that.

I agree with the OP, amc987, that Czinsy's abilities stack up quite well with all of the U.S. women. If she can overcome her injury and the lack of training time, the recent GP season has proved that her only competition is Wagner.

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I agree with the OP, amc987, that Czinsy's abilities stack up quite well with all of the U.S. women. If she can overcome her injury and the lack of training time, the recent GP season has proved that her only competition is Wagner.

Those are huge deficits to be overcome. Czisny hasn't been in top form since the 2010-2011 season; with spots for Sochi on the line, USFS isn't going to give her a huge advantage going in unless she shows that she has regained top form. And there are many skaters besides Wagner who have skated well enough this season to offer stiff competition: Gold, Nagasu and Angela Wang, to name a few.

Last edited:

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Those are huge deficits to be overcome. Czisny hasn't been in top form since the 2010-2011 season; with spots for Sochi on the line, USFS isn't going to give her a huge advantage going in unless she shows that she has regained top form. And there are many skaters besides Wagner who have skated well enough this season to offer stiff competition: Gold, Nagasu and Angela Wang, to name a few.

The thought of Alissa edging out the field for silver and making the World team truly frightens me. It could happen though because she accrues so many more points on spins and PCS than her competitors.

The thought of Alissa edging out the field for silver and making the World team truly frightens me. It could happen though because she accrues so many more points on spins and PCS than her competitors.

Well, it will be up to Mirai, Gracie, etc. to beat her.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I would prefer that Czisny not be sent to Worlds if she is below par technically (in other words, if she is held up by massive PCS scores). A shaky Czisny is not a safe bet if Olympic places are on the line because ISU judges won't be as generous as USFS judges.

Pepe Nero

On the Ice
It could happen though because she accrues so many more points on spins and PCS than her competitors.

Deservedly. (Sarcasm: "Oh, wait: Do you mean to tell me that in figure skating, jumps are not the only thing that matters?!")

Yes. Comments of this sort were the the type I was referring to when I first commented on this thread.