Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34

Thread: Alissa Czisny sightings?

  1. #16
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,666
    A person attending said she did a 2a and a 3t, although they are not shown in this clip. Are there any competitions left she can enter before Nattionals?

  2. #17
    Tripping on the Podium ana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Hmmmm--no jumps. It doesn't seem as if Alissa will be competitive at Nationals a month from now.
    Uploader said "Sorry for the late start. I swear her jumps were good! 2A and 3T".
    Last edited by ana; 12-17-2012 at 03:20 PM.

  3. #18
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,253
    2a and 3t won't get Alissa far at Nationals.

  4. #19
    Tripping on the Podium ana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    2a and 3t won't get Alissa far at Nationals.
    Maybe, but Skating Spectacular is a show. She wasn't compete this season.
    Last edited by ana; 12-17-2012 at 05:16 PM.

  5. #20
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    61
    The rink in that video is very strange. I'm surprised anyone could jump. Her spins are still great!

  6. #21
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,202
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    2a and 3t won't get Alissa far at Nationals.
    She landed neither of these jumps at Worlds last year so it would be an improvement.

  7. #22
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,253
    Lol!

  8. #23
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    187
    Great to see Alissa back on the ice! I think it's difficult to ascertain anything about Alissa's condition from that video, though. The jumps are always the litmus test for her.

  9. #24
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    389
    Alissa skated in Fashion on Ice and looked great (video is on Ice Network). She was wearing this massive tutu skirt by Betsey Johnson and still did a couple of jumps and some nice spins. She did not make any errors.

  10. #25
    Gambatte, Max Aaron/"No letting off the gas pedal" golden411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,729
    ^^ But when was the IN video of Fashion on Ice recorded? Any chance that it was the 2011 show http://www.dissonskating.com/fashion-on-ice/?

    Don't think a Fashion on Ice show has been held in 2012 ...
    Last edited by golden411; 12-20-2012 at 02:52 PM.

  11. #26
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    389
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    ^^ But when was the IN video of Fashion on Ice recorded? Any chance that it was the 2011 show http://www.dissonskating.com/fashion-on-ice/?

    Don't think a Fashion on Ice show has been held in 2012 ...
    The date on Ice Network says Dec. 4, 2012, but on Disson site it says the show was on Nov. 24, 2011. Maybe IN is just airing it almost a year late??? I knew it was too good to be true. Alissa looked to be in excellent form, not like she just had surgery.

  12. #27
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    7,358
    Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens View Post
    The date on Ice Network says Dec. 4, 2012, but on Disson site it says the show was on Nov. 24, 2011. Maybe IN is just airing it almost a year late??? I knew it was too good to be true. Alissa looked to be in excellent form, not like she just had surgery.
    I think it probably aired on Dec. 4 but the show was earlier, which is par for the course for Disson shows. Yeah, I guess IN has to wait a bit before they have the rights to air them.

  13. #28
    I got your program components right here. Pepe Nero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Canton, Michigan
    Posts
    215
    Yeah, I think that Fashion on Ice show was quite a while ago. I remember having a strong dislike for what they made AC wear, but the memory was based in events well more than a year ago.

    I mainly wanted to comment on how some folks felt the need to come onto this thread and criticize Alissa Czisny. I read posts like that and think, "What the heck?" The name of this thread is not "What do you think about Alissa Czisny?" So why do people who are regular contributors to Golden Skate, having already made their opinions about AC clear in other threads, feel the need to come onto this thread (the purpose of which is clearly to share information about AC's physical skating-related status) and criticize her skating? I would like to understand the psychology behind that.

    I agree with the OP, amc987, that Czinsy's abilities stack up quite well with all of the U.S. women. If she can overcome her injury and the lack of training time, the recent GP season has proved that her only competition is Wagner.
    Last edited by Pepe Nero; 12-22-2012 at 05:54 AM.

  14. #29
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe Nero View Post
    I agree with the OP, amc987, that Czinsy's abilities stack up quite well with all of the U.S. women. If she can overcome her injury and the lack of training time, the recent GP season has proved that her only competition is Wagner.
    Those are huge deficits to be overcome. Czisny hasn't been in top form since the 2010-2011 season; with spots for Sochi on the line, USFS isn't going to give her a huge advantage going in unless she shows that she has regained top form. And there are many skaters besides Wagner who have skated well enough this season to offer stiff competition: Gold, Nagasu and Angela Wang, to name a few.
    Last edited by chuckm; 12-22-2012 at 03:54 PM.

  15. #30
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,202
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Those are huge deficits to be overcome. Czisny hasn't been in top form since the 2010-2011 season; with spots for Sochi on the line, USFS isn't going to give her a huge advantage going in unless she shows that she has regained top form. And there are many skaters besides Wagner who have skated well enough this season to offer stiff competition: Gold, Nagasu and Angela Wang, to name a few.
    The thought of Alissa edging out the field for silver and making the World team truly frightens me. It could happen though because she accrues so many more points on spins and PCS than her competitors.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •