Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Europeans-hopes dreams and reality

Custom Title
    Is Elene Gedevanishvili in it this year? She has won bronze twice, I think.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Is Elene Gedevanishvili in it this year? She has won bronze twice, I think.
    Yes she will be there, I think she will be competing with the Russians for that bronze, Caro and Kiira will be fighting for the gold I imagine...

Custom Title
    I also hope Javier wins, but Plushenko will make it extremely competitive. Javier will need his quads and perform a strong SP to have a shot. Kostner will likely win gold in ladies, considering that Korpi just has so many problems in the free. Pairs will be great to see if S/S are there, and P/B will likely win the dance as long as they get their levels.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by russell30 View Post
    Yes she will be there, I think she will be competing with the Russians for that bronze, Caro and Kiira will be fighting for the gold I imagine...
    I wouldn't call Adelina or Liza out of other medals, even if Carolina and Kiira looked pretty strong in their skating this year

Custom Title
    Adelina to have two clean skates.
    Javi to win
    S/S to skate as clean as they can.
    P/B to win

one of my checklist already came true
    now I hope Liza wins gold and Zhenya defends his title in Euros

I hope Adelina will skate her best (but this is rather an impossible thing, considering that it will be her debut at Euros) and at least earn a medal... I think that the Gold will be a battle between Caro and Kiira, Yes, just because of the PCS: Liza is the one with the best jumps but she usually doesn't receive high PCS (I frankly don't understand why...), Adelina has better PCS but the nerves... Caro and Kiira are to only ones Who have both consistency and high PCS, so it will be a fight between them unless one of them bombs...

Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    I hope Adelina will skate her best (but this is rather an impossible thing, considering that it will be her debut at Euros) and at least earn a medal... I think that the Gold will be a battle between Caro and Kiira, Yes, just because of the PCS: Liza is the one with the best jumps but she usually doesn't receive high PCS (I frankly don't understand why...), Adelina has better PCS but the nerves... Caro and Kiira are to only ones Who have both consistency and high PCS, so it will be a fight between them unless one of them bombs...
    Kiira Korpi isnt really known as good FS, she bombs it, she was less than appoint ahead from Liza at GPF who had a bad SP, tuk was held down by PCS but had higher TES
    hopefully winning Nationals will boost her drive and PCS, Adelina will probably fall 2 times at Euros and wont medal, depending on how Korpii will do too

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT
    Liza is the one with the best jumps but she usually doesn't receive high PCS (I frankly don't understand why...)
    I'd agree that Liza should be getting higher marks for IN and P/E than she currently does, but it's obvious her mediocore skating skills are holding her back. The other contenders she has here, like Caro, Kiira, Adelina and Elene, are easily in another league than her when it comes to SS. And she's slow too... if she skates after Caro f.e. that will just be even more obvious. I think it's right that she's the one with the lowest PCS out of this group (even if she has the strongest jumps technically).

Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    I'd agree that Liza should be getting higher marks for IN and P/E than she currently does, but it's obvious her mediocore skating skills are holding her back. The other contenders she has here, like Caro, Kiira, Adelina and Elene, are easily in another league than her when it comes to SS. And she's slow too... if she skates after Caro f.e. that will just be even more obvious. I think it's right that she's the one with the lowest PCS out of this group (even if she has the strongest jumps technically).
    The mediocre skating skills is absolutely not true and she is a very quick skater actually. Have you not seen both her long and short programs this year? Her interpretation is superior to Sotnikova's this year especially, definitely has an awareness of the program, she performs the heck out of her programs even if they are not that great. And her skating skills are completely normal. Liza has good transitions in her programs this year, especially coming out of the jumps. The only thing that the judges could be picky about is the crappy choreography. In all other aspects, she is as good as the rest. That is why so many people on this forum don't get why she is getting lowballed on pcs. Hopefully, with a national title the judges will respect her more and give her the pcs she deserves.

And don't tell me that the judges know best and Liza's pcs are really that bad. Look at Suzuki, who has been getting low pcs and was mistreated by the judges both in the past and present.

Quote Originally Posted by DianaSelene View Post
    And her skating skills are completely normal.
    This is the problem: Sotnikova, Caro and Kiira have "extraordinary" ss, Liza has "normal" ss: "ordinary" skating is not enough if you want to become European champion! But I agree that she sould receive higher marks for PE and IN, especially in the SP!

Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    This is the problem: Sotnikova, Caro and Kiira have "extraordinary" ss, Liza has "normal" ss: "ordinary" skating is not enough if you want to become European champion! But I agree that she sould receive higher marks for PE and IN, especially in the SP!
    But ss is only compenent. That is my whole point. Fine, give her a few tenths lower is ss but everything else is "extraordinary" except for ch and should be given a few tenths higher than maybe Sotnikova.

This is how I rate her:

Extraordinary: in, pe, tr
    Normal: ss
    Needs improvement: ch

But that is not how the judges rate her against others.

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    DianaSelene, I'm not disagreeing that Liza should be getting higher marks in the artistic department. Her PCS at international competitions really have been too low. But that doesn't change that her SS are just mediocre. I've seen both her programms more than once and her SS look better than last year - but they're still nothing more than average. Why do you think she's fast? Have you seen her live...? She has a generally powerful way of moving, but that's more her arms or her expression then her feet.
    The thing is, for me, Liza is one of those skaters who's marks should be varying quite much. The difference between her SS and IN & PE is pretty hugh for me. But we never see this kind of differences in the PCS anyway. That's a generally annoying thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    DianaSelene, I'm not disagreeing that Liza should be getting higher marks in the artistic department. Her PCS at international competitions really have been too low. But that doesn't change that her SS are just mediocre. I've seen both her programms more than once and her SS look better than last year - but they're still nothing more than average. Why do you think she's fast? Have you seen her live...? She has a generally powerful way of moving, but that's more her arms or her expression then her feet.
    The thing is, for me, Liza is one of those skaters who's marks should be varying quite much. The difference between her SS and IN & PE is pretty hugh for me. But we never see this kind of differences in the PCS anyway. That's a generally annoying thing...
    I have not seen her live. Seeing her on tv, she seemed really quick to me and not just her arms. Have you seen her live because that might explain our different perceptions? I know there are differences in tv vs. live but her ss and speed look absolutely good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by DianaSelene View Post
    But ss is only compenent. That is my whole point. Fine, give her a few tenths lower is ss but everything else is "extraordinary" except for ch and should be given a few tenths higher than maybe Sotnikova.

This is how I rate her:

Extraordinary: in, pe, tr
    Normal: ss
    Needs improvement: ch

But that is not how the judges rate her against others.
    I agree, but I don't really think that she needs improvements in her choreographies, I like them, a bit frantic maybe, but I would put them in the "normal" category...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast