Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 83

Thread: Europeans-hopes dreams and reality

  1. #61
    Bona Fide Member LRK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,507

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by russell30 View Post
    Skating is NOT just about jumps, there is a technical and ARTISTIC side, You do not have to have the full repertoire of technique in order to succeed under the COP if your PCS are very good, Lepisto, Korpi and Kostner are very good in this area and should be REWARDED as such.


    I do not like seeing someone go from one jump to the next without choreographic content, good use of the music and artistry.
    And you make it sound like there is only "either - or". Also, I frankly don't think your last sentence describes Liza at all.

    And, also frankly, I have yet to see a single person - ever - and I mean EVER - say that it was ALL about the jumps. One day I would like to meet - even if only virtually - this mythical person people keep replying to...

  2. #62
    Bona Fide Member plushyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,540

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    And you make it sound like there is only "either - or". Also, I frankly don't think your last sentence describes Liza at all.

    And, also frankly, I have yet to see a single person - ever - and I mean EVER - say that it was ALL about the jumps. One day I would like to meet - even if only virtually - this mythical person people keep replying to...
    You are right, this is so meaningless. I'm sure he thought of Plushy, but I'm tired of this untruth.

    Quote Originally Posted by russell30 View Post
    Skating is NOT just about jumps, there is a technical and ARTISTIC side, You do not have to have the full repertoire of technique in order to succeed under the COP if your PCS are very good, Lepisto, Korpi and Kostner are very good in this area and should be REWARDED as such.


    I do not like seeing someone go from one jump to the next without choreographic content, good use of the music and artistry.
    I disagree. First this is a sport . Motto of the Olympic Games: faster, higher, stronger
    But I agree with you, the FS isn't only jumps. I also don't know skater, who is ALL about the jumps.


    Maybe you will be surprised, Plushenko had more 6.0 for his presentation like Michelle Kwan's before the new system was introduced. LOL!
    Last edited by plushyfan; 01-02-2013 at 02:01 PM.

  3. #63
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    619

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    And you make it sound like there is only "either - or". Also, I frankly don't think your last sentence describes Liza at all.

    And, also frankly, I have yet to see a single person - ever - and I mean EVER - say that it was ALL about the jumps. One day I would like to meet - even if only virtually - this mythical person people keep replying to...
    Obviously you are not that intelligent I was not referring to anyone just making a statement that Figure
    Skating is about Technical and artistic, I have been in the sport for over 30 years.......

  4. #64
    Bona Fide Member LRK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,507

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by russell30 View Post
    Obviously you are not that intelligent
    You are excessively polite...

  5. #65
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,400

    0 Not allowed!
    The way to win a major event in ladies now Is to have no 3/3 In a free skate or lutz or like Mao with 2 triples but near 70 pcs. The athletic part is really over. Now you can fill up your jumping slots with nontriples and the standard for winnIng worlds 2013 will be who can get closest to 70 pcs as jumps are proving irrelevant wlthis season with all the Mao wins.

  6. #66
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    24,277

    0 Not allowed!
    I do remember one skater who was very close to being "all about the jumps" - Ludmila Nelidina, who could do a triple axel, and not much else.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsUAJLe16RM

  7. #67
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    109

    0 Not allowed!
    What happened to her? I don't remember seeing her in any major competition...

  8. #68
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    377

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by russell30 View Post
    Skating is NOT just about jumps, there is a technical and ARTISTIC side, You do not have to have the full repertoire of technique in order to succeed under the COP if your PCS are very good, Lepisto, Korpi and Kostner are very good in this area and should be REWARDED as such.


    I do not like seeing someone go from one jump to the next without choreographic content, good use of the music and artistry.
    We all hope the next European medalists will have them both.

  9. #69
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    24,277

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Irina89 View Post
    What happened to her? I don't remember seeing her in any major competition...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludmila_Nelidina

    She skated for Azerbaijan one year.

    According to her Wikipedia entry, she is coaching in Moscow.

    She was the first European lady to land a 3A in an ISU competition--I'm not sure if any other European lady has done so?

  10. #70
    Bona Fide Member FSGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    3,403

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludmila_Nelidina

    She skated for Azerbaijan one year.

    According to her Wikipedia entry, she is coaching in Moscow.

    She was the first European lady to land a 3A in an ISU competition--I'm not sure if any other European lady has done so?
    No, she remains the only one: the female skaters who have landed 3As are still five: Ito, Harding, Nelidina, Asada, Nakano plus Meissner attempt at 2005 nationals...

  11. #71
    Medalist figuristka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Finland & Canada
    Posts
    1,408

    0 Not allowed!
    My hopes for Kiira winning Europeans won't happen with her injury. Too bad. Perhaps i can hope for a world medal instead.

  12. #72
    Tripping on the Podium yuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    606

    0 Not allowed!
    Here are my hopes for the Europeans:

    - ladies: Carolina Kostner, Liza Tuktamisheva, Elene Gedevanishvili on the podium (in any order)
    - men: Javier Fernandez wins, Plushenko on the podium
    - pairs: S/S, K/S (lovely FS!), V/T
    - dance: B/S, C/L, P/B (in any order)

  13. #73
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,204

    0 Not allowed!
    My only hope and prayers for the Euro this year:
    "Brian Joubert to win the Mens title one more time!"

    GOOOO BRIAN!!!

  14. #74
    Custom Title demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,669

    0 Not allowed!
    I would be thrilled if Anna and Luca win Gold.

  15. #75
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,309

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    I love Javi too but I don't want him to win because...

    Plushy! Plushy! Plushy!

    What's the record for EC titles, by the way?
    Ulrich Salchow won the event 9 times. Karl Schaffer 8 times.
    Last edited by Icey; 01-23-2013 at 12:09 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •