Europeans-hopes dreams and reality | Golden Skate

Europeans-hopes dreams and reality

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I like the top Europeans and Russians but am not up on what's happening or when. Can someone tell me who is hosting Euros this year and what we should be attuned to? Who is likely best podium bets and why? I'll make few guess and you Euro posters let me know what's really what.

The Ladies. I am hoping Kira takes gold. I love her SP music and program this year and the deeper knees. she is less awkward, better flow. I must confess I am dazzled by her beauty in that spring green glam confection. Best look of the season, aalong with Gracie gold's Sp, Mao's Lp and Ashley's LP. But has there been a more beautiful skater to ever come out of Europe? She really is a good skater, improving still at 24. I imagine she will marry some Prince after Sochi May she skate well

Leonova-will she be there? Which Russian ladies will be there? Liza is the best baby but I'm not sold on her though she is clearly mature beyond her years. Julia? Any word on her injury? Will she be ready? I love this little cracker but so far uber flexibility and jumps make a little whirling dervish. Not much soul/artistry yet, but she is a tiny package-box of chocolates for me. How many get invited or qualify for Euros, from any country?

Has Karo said she'd go? Luuurrve Caro-hope so-magestic is what I see-last two years. If she brings it, shes surely a lock. I wouldn't mind Korpi winning tho. Want her on podium of course. Hope Liza makes bronze or feisty fiery Leonova. Hate most programs but she's a very good skater. Irina S always comes to mind. Fireballs.

Men. Javier should win gold easily-yes? I hope. Joubert-great skater even now-silver for Brian-he'll be there? If Brian Falters, then flying fleet footed Amodio.

Bronze if not Amodio, I hope Michal Brezina can do two clean programs. I like this kid. I also like Artur and Max Kovtun. I am not sure if Plush is going to Euros? I thought I read he won't. Of course he's likely gold but Javier with 3 quads in his LP just won the LP against the best at GPF, so Euros doesn't belong to Plush-or does it? Catch me up, please.

Pairs: Are S/S out til Worlds? Then Euro gold must be Tat/Max. I don't really like Kava/Smirnoff or other top Russian pair all that much. Who else is likely on podium? I have not followed pairs much. I admit I am looking for a great NA team like S/P with their style/unison/chemistry/great programs. No Russian pair since B/S has captivated me. Tough shoes to fill the co-SLC gold medalists. S/S are like contortionists. I don't care for Ingo Steuer as a choreo if thats who does them. But their Athleticism is off the charts. If healthy, they likely win Sochi. How r they doing?

Ice dance: Gold should be Capellini/Lanotte (did I mess up names?) Only saw them 1-2 times but they are smooth-really a team. Love this handsome Italian pair. Silver Nathalie and Fabian who likely own the gold this season with the Stones-you can't miss. Fun skaters to watch-and oh so French. Bronze? Dunno

Please tell us who/what to expect for this great competition. Tks Euro fans!

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Euros will be held in Zagreb.

Fernandez will do well if he shows up in GPF form. Not if he shows up in NHK form. Note that Plushenko will compete and he can never be written off.

Kostner makes her season debut at the Golden Spin this weekend and will compete in Euros, barring unforseen issues.

S/S competed at NRW last weekend and should be at Euros too.

P/B are the favorites for dance gold, not C/L.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
And one cannot count out either Bobrova & Soloviev for bronze or silver. I do think I&K have been passed by them this season, since they won over i&K at GPF even with a disruptive fall in the free dance. I hope B&S will really skate their best at Europeans! They were very, very good at SkAm.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I really hope Menshov will podium. He's great! But I'm not even sure if he is on the entry list. Ay idea where I can find it?

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I really hope Menshov will podium. He's great! But I'm not even sure if he is on the entry list. Ay idea where I can find it?
The national teams are usually decided after the NC...
That said, I would LOVE to see Caro winning another gold medal, she's (obviously) my favourite, I really hope she'll be in good shape, because I will be in Zagreb, and I would love to see her skating a winning program live! :love: Then, I would like another Silver by Kiira, she's truly wonderful this year... And, please, Adelina, let's go there and win a medal!
If Plushenko is there, his reputation could give him a big advantage in the PCS, even if his jumps are not so good but I think that the favourite at the moment is Fernandez with his three quads: it will depend on his nerves: will he be able to control them? For the other medals, Amodio, Joubert and maybe Brezina (he just landed a 4S with +2 GOE at the NRW, so, if he's able to put everything together in his FS he could have a chance...)
In Ice Dance, P/B are obviously the Gold medalists, unless a big mistake (see Worlds 2011), then B/S, I/K, C/L are pretty there: it will depend on the panel, who will it like? Without his fall, B/S and C/L would have been really close at GPF...
And then the Pairs, I hope we'll be albe to watch a great V/T vs S/S duel, finally! :laugh: Then the Bronze will be B/L and (only if Vera and Juri make big mistakes) K/S...

russell30

Final Flight
Pre men's favourite is Javier Fernandez (just like last year) but Plushenko (who should
Be there!) is the dark horse. These two the leading two, I hope menshov makes the Russian team he has had a fantastic season and I love his lp, he should medal if he stays on form, brezina and amodio likely challengers too, Joubert is struggling and verner even more so....

Pre ladies favourite is Kiira Korpi (think this maybe the first time she has gone in as favourite) 2 beautiful program's from her this year. dark horse is Carolina, not sure on her form but she will begin her season at golden spin, but she is likely to challenge Kiira for the title. One or two or maybe three Russian girls will be up there with the leading two but as the season tells us which three we do not know? but after GP I would have thought Liza and Adelina should be there! Maybe Leonova with them.

Pre ice dance favourites, well it has to be P/B but for the first in their careers I do not like their fd
!! It's rather flat and lacks creativity to me, B/B have the most original fd and I love their sd too, C/L I love their sd and their fd I am hoping they medal this time. I/K love their sd but their fd is less inspiring. I hope
Z/G (love their zombie fd) and the ever improving Z/S do well too!!

Pre pairs favourites I would say S/S they are the better package not sure on the program's this year, but they have taking it forward with the costumes, V/T seem to be inconsistent I dislike the sp but the lp to violin muse is probably one of the best, I would love to see K/S medal I absolutely love their "February" lp so original
And haunting but the judges seem to be in less favour of them this year and more than likely going to be pushed hard by team mates V/L for that bronze. B/H lovely couple to look at, always a joy to watch and the french team of J/C should do well too!!

Macassar88

Medalist
And one cannot count out either Bobrova & Soloviev for bronze or silver. I do think I&K have been passed by them this season, since they won over i&K at GPF even with a disruptive fall in the free dance. I hope B&S will really skate their best at Europeans! They were very, very good at SkAm.
You got to see BS live? Lucky you! They are one of my favorite teams! I think that with clean skates, they can win silver, but not gold.

Hoping Tuk can win Euros - would be a great confidence booster!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I did get to see them, and they were very good this year, and I really liked their style. I was totally OK with them winning silver over W&P at SkAm, despite the fact that I really like W&P, and have for a long time.

But I've got to say, the best dance I saw there, bar none, was D&W's Giselle SD, another shock, because I have hated the SD format since its inception; I expected to prefer one of the FD's. Really SkAm was a great dance comp in every way this year, and I'll have great memories of it for years.

Country
Russia
Julia is not age eligible for Euros and Worlds, the table of how many spots per country is here
It is interesting how many countries will fill their spots.
Georgia has only one female skater.
Italy - only two.
Spain - only one Man, Fernandez.
And so on.
Even France, if Yretha Silete has injury - who will be second?

To send low-level skater(s) - impossible, because of Minimum Technical Score.

Btw, more official info about spots is ISU Communication 1751 http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=3620

IleK

On the Ice
My big dream: Kiira for gold.This her chance, I hope she doesn't ruin it.
Then I want Javier to win, I just hope he learnt his lesson last year, when after winning bronze in GPF was the favourit, like he is now. He has too much ups and downs, and I wonder which one it will be at Euros. Up or down.
O have no dreams for pairs, but I want Anna and Luca on the podium, right after Nathalie and Fabian.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I want Caro to win and feel motivated to go to Sochi. I want(if they qualify of course) Liza and Adelina to complete the podium in any order.
I want S/S, Javier and Nathalie and Fabian to win. B/L to upset V/T and win the silver medal. B/S and C/L to complete the podium in the dance competition.

Last edited:

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
First of all I wanna see high level of competition in each discipline.
My heart is with Kiira this year, too. But I also wanna see Carolina is doing well (tight competition with Kiira) and Leonova finally reaches a medal at Euros. Other than these, I wish the experienced girls show their best (Gedevanishvili, Helgesson, Glebova and McCorkell) and the Russian babies (probably Tuk and Sot but maybe Koro) don't disappoint us.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I hope and pray that Julia will be alright soon and no longer have further injuries
she is a very gifted and rare talent

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Italy - only two.

To send low-level skater(s) - impossible, because of Minimum Technical Score.

Btw, more official info about spots is ISU Communication 1751 http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=3620
Italy has Roberta Rodeghiero, who has the TES for Worlds in the FS but not for the SP: she reached 27+ in a B event, really close to the required 28, so she should be ok for Euros... Italy might have just two ladies to send to worlds, though...

figuristka

Medalist
Would love to see Kiira win Gold. Would be wonderful for her.I adore her SP this year.
Javier for Gold as Spain has never won.

mikiandorocks

Final Flight
I would love Javier Fernandez to win a medal and Kiira to win the gold. In pairs, I just wish for Kavaguti & Smirnov to be back on the podium. In dance, Pechalat & Bourzat are the clear favorites but the battle for the other medals should be fascinating.

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
My hope is that Carolina wins her fifth title and Korpi comes in second and Elene in third.