Men's Long Program Spoiler | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Men's Long Program Spoiler

windspirit

On the Ice
Rgirl said:
Jump landings like buttah; beautiful deep edging; superb dance quality.
Rgirl, you write like Johnny skates. :love: This quote will go to my sig, for sure. "Jump landings like buttah", poetry! :)

I was so psyched after men's FS... and so overwhelmed with joy. If Sasha had won, I would've had the best day: Weir and Cohen first, and Griazev third at Russian Nats. But it's still very, very good. :D

My thoughts:

Weiss: A clean skate, at least! I was tired watching Weiss win things only because others fell all over the place. Good job!

Jahnke: I really liked that. When he's on, he's a very enjoyable, lovely skater. And thanks to whoever took him (finally!) to a hairdresser. What a difference clean hair and a nice haircut make! He cleans up really nice. His costume's still bad, though. I'm really glad they showed him.

Weir: That was really something else. I fell in love with him after his SP, and... well, I'm in love. :love: I was so happy for him. Last year, such a disaster, and now such a powerful victory. Btw, not only were his jump landings like buttah, but the revolutions in the air were breathtaking; tight, clean, and rhythmic (for lack of the word). And the flow he has on the ice... Ah. And I have to mention his hands - not one unnecessary move. Lysacek, take notice.

Savoie: I really concentrated on him (with my mind's tendency to wander off during his performances), and it wasn't bad, but still quite uneven, and what surprised me most was the fact how often he skated on flat of the blade... I guess Savoie and I were not meant to be. ;)

Lysacek: He seems to have a great enthusiasm for skating, I can appreciate that. He reminds me a little of Plushenko. I like the way his middle body moves, I hope he uses that more and cuts down on arms wailing. His back seems very dance-conscious (I don't know how to say it in English...), very nice quality and rather rare. I look forward to seeing him in the future.

Bradley: A choppy skater, but very exciting, without question. A born showman. Footwork is where he really shines. He had moments of brilliance. If he can put his act together, he'll be a power to be reckoned with. I think that Griazev could share his patent for the "huge 3a" with him. Nice puppy eyes. :) Bad, baaaad hair!

Overall, a very exciting night. :) I only wish that I'd taped it in SP mode (forgot to change it from ice dancing, that I tape in EP). Oh well.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Can you say Southern stereotype?? Ryan Bradly wins the Jethro Bodine award. I will believe Nothing, nothing anyone ever says to me again about the new South and insulting southerners with stereotypes. First Bradley wears jeans and a smal square red gingham shirt, grows his hair long and greasy and parts it in the middle with an axe. Then he skates to Duelling Banjoes from Deliverance (and yes I remember it too rgirl ), Dixie, and the the Devil Went Down to Georgia. All that was missing was the Theme Song from the beverly Hillbillies. And the Audience Ate It Up, clapping , and standing. (And it was good fun, if kinda hokey. I enjoyed it too)

And Ryan Jahnke? Bad Music and Bad Costume, plus nice skating skills still equals one big yawn. And because of the costume horror, even the still pictures we took look lousy.

But I liked Braden Overett better than either of the Ryan's. Did he make tv?