Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Virtue and Moir "not enamored" with Yankee Polka

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    So does "outskating" mean the same as "overskating"?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    So I guess he is being sure his hockey buddies know that he is being forced, rather than choosing, to skate to the Yankee Polka?
    It makes some sort of sense, I guess.

Off topic, KKonas, but when the Shibutanis were advised at Champs Camp that they were "overskating" their Mary Poppins SD, what exactly were they doing wrong?
    Sorry, I was not at Champs Camp, and did not see this routine so I have no answer. Media is not invited to Champs Camp, and are actually discouraged (no access) except for icenetwork. Better to ask Lynn Rutherford.

Banned
    I think V-M SD is pure beautie, but i think judges gave to them lowe component score because they didnt see a lot off polka in this SD.
    I feel sad we didnt have CDs anymore and V-M didnt skate it.
    And i feel sad after V0M will retier they will remove SD from competitions and we didnt have chance to see 3 OD from one of the best ice danc eteam ever

I agree with you, cleoc, that it would have been far more enjoyable for all dance fans to see ODs for these last 3 seasons & next season, rather than these SDs.

So does "outskating" mean the same as "overskating"?
    Well after they mentioned the "outskating" comment they mentioned something to the fact they needed to challenge themselves in selecting an alternative SD.

So for me, the "outskating" comment is in reference, as golden411 pointed out, that they felt that their abilities and execution merited something better than Mary Poppins.

That's a bit worrying, since Marina obviously thought Mary Poppins was just what they needed; then come to find out the USFS TPTB think they are too good for it. Clearly, Marina is not having the best vision of where these kids are at.

That's a bit worrying, since Marina obviously thought Mary Poppins was just what they needed; then come to find out the USFS TPTB think they are too good for it. Clearly, Marina is not having the best vision of where these kids are at.
    As I said, I think they would benefit greatly going to Igor and working with Klimova. We'll see where things go, I suppose.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2