Pogorilaya scores new personal bests at JGPF | Golden Skate

Pogorilaya scores new personal bests at JGPF

Country
Russia
She has a good progress from season to season after missed 2009/2010.
At 2010/2011 her scores were at most about 120-125.
At 2011/2012 - at most about 140-145.
This season she has Season Best at Internationals 167.40, second result 160.52.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
You have to love the courage of this young skater, who added a 3lz3t, a combination very new to her, to make up for the 2A3t she missed, and making it work.

:cheer: :bow:

This is the same young lady who was assigned to JGPs a week apart-how exhausting is that? and scored 3rd at the first and won the second.

She is already a really great competitor, and I'm looking forward to seeing her skating at Jr Worlds & Russian Nationals!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Yes very exciting, gutsy skater. Lots of potential and she's proving to be a good competitor. With the way a lot of the older Russian girls are skating presently, who knows what the future could hold for her. Technique is very solid, and her fierce spirit and stunning looks should only help her. It nice to see other girls from Russia skating well apart from the big names, and it sounds like this young girl is doing a good job taking advantage of the chances the Fed has given her to compete internationally and make a name for herself. I assume she will likely be at Junior Worlds as Agafonova and Shershak will not even be at Nationals this season, and I assume the Polinas, Adelina, etc. will not try for JW even should they not make Europeans or Worlds team. A team of Radinova, Lipnitskaya, and Pogorilaya I could actually see sweeping the podium potentially if they continue to skate this well.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
What do any of Russian posters think her chances will be? Her great head for competition has to be a help, but there are so many young Russian ladies who are so excellent, it will be a challenge to stand out?

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Like I said, the other girls aren't skating well, in addition to being a good competitor, Anna has all the triples and hard combinations. Her technique is good too, except for the lip. She also has the ideal body type with her long legs and wiry muscles, she won't be fighting an uphill battle the way someone like Liza or even Alena Leonova will. Her PCS in the FS improved 8 points at JGPF from her first JGP, so that means international judges are warming up to her as well. She's also stunning, I know that shouldn't make a difference, but in figure skating, it always does, or at least can, and being so pretty definitely will not hurt her.

I guess puberty is the big question, but she is already pretty tall, or at least appears that way (towered over Radinova and Miller on the podium at JGPF), so she may be through most of her vertical growth anyways, and looking at her build now, you would assume even when she gets her womanly shape, she will retain her long and wiry build, like Korobeynikova, Gao or Kim. Usually by 14, you can tell what kind of body type they will have when they get older. (If people are thinking what about Nagasu and Zhang, they were much shorter than Anna at 14, and even then, Caroline did not have long legs and Mirai already had broad shoulders, they were small at that age more because they had not grown yet, whereas Anna has already grown quite tall and appears to be in the midst of her prime growing years despite being young). I think if she can make the JW team this season and skate well there, she will set herself up nicely for the future. By 2018 she could be one of the top ladies in Russia. Her body type and competitive nature make me think she is more likely to have continued success compared to some of the other ladies.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I am not Russian though oops. But looking at the other ladies, I think making teams like JGPF and JW make a big difference in who gets paid attention to and gets GP spots, vs. who is considered "just another talented girl in Russia", you know?

Country
Russia
What do any of Russian posters think her chances will be? Her great head for competition has to be a help, but there are so many young Russian ladies who are so excellent, it will be a challenge to stand out?
This Senior Nationals will be unpredictable, more unpredictable than before.
Many newcomers (7 of 18), progressed from previous season. Some "old participants" show not so good skating at the first half of season (but they may restore).
The only known favourites are Radionova and Tuktamysheva (but Tuktamysheva has health problems).
Leonova may skate very good (Worlds-2012) or not so good (Euro-2012, WTT, first half of this season).
Lipnitskaiia is not so stable as at past season (or just was not so stable? nobody knows)

And a question - who is "loved by Federation" and because of this may be rather overscored than underscored?
Interfax (central news agency of Russia) published yesterday in news about Nationals http://www.interfax.ru/sport/news.a...=2012&ed=13&em=12&ey=2012&secid=1449&mp=1&p=1
Ladies will be Alena Leonova, Anna Pogorilaya, Elena Radionova, Adelina Sotnikova, Elizaveta Tuktamysheva et al.
Two questions:
1. Why Makarova and Lipnitskaia are omitted?
2. Is it list of "Federation's love" or simply names of most known (for author) skaters plus FGP medalists (whose names few days ago were in news)?

And Ladies are so unpredictable at all!
For example, at Nationals-2012 we did know that 3rd spot to Euro and Worlds - for Biryukova or Shelepen, who will be better. Both had good results before Nationals. But at SP Shelepen had two falls and 17th. So Biryukova? (4 th place, 2nd of eligible by age after SP, good skating in SP) No. Biryukova falls 3 times in FS. Korobeynikova earns place.

Last edited: