Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Asada shows improvement

On the Ice
    I'm glad that her pain is gone.

More practice vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvpDqgH_msw

Daisuke looking very handsome! Mao's lutz is still a flutz but otherwise very nice. And I think her flip was very nice and not under-rotated! Luv that she's looking so healthy and happy!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hurrah View Post
    Japanese media reports that Mao landed a 3-axel in practice cleanly.

She commented that 3-axel practice is going well, but in accordance with Coach Sato's advise, will probably not attempt it in competition this time.

Her hip pains are reportedly gone and she did not go to the hospital after returning from GPF.

E.T.A. She attempted the 3-axel twice and landed it both times during the first Japan Nationals practice. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq27K4NBCmw
    Wow as I suspected, the media started their sensation to hype this 3A. Seems rather unfair to Mao and add to the pressure.

The thing is if she can really do it, she should have able to landed a dozen of those, not just 1, not after all this time. To bother report landed just 1 triple axels in practice, can you imagine how many failure she has had all these time?

Good news about no more pain, hope she can stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    Wow as I suspected, the media started their sensation to hype this 3A. Seems rather unfair to Mao and add to the pressure.

The thing is if she can really do it, she should have able to landed a dozen of those, not just 1, not after all this time. To bother report landed just 1 triple axels in practice, can you imagine how many failure she has had all these time?

what the heck are you talking about? look at what was said, the report said that she attempted two during her practice, and both where landed and looked gourges in the air!

one can assume and imagine all one want's too, but in the end what really happens is what matters! and what was reported and filmed was amazing news, I find it really puzzling how some are trying to turn positve news into something negative lol

Custom Title

I think she focused more on being consistent and cope with her nerves but never gave up the 3A. I am sure she still practiced, otherwise she wouldn't be able to land it all of a sudden. The fact that she landed it at the official practice 2 out of 2 means that probably the consistency rate on the 3A is getting better but probably her strategy is not to include it in the program until they are sure it's consistent enough. You make it sound like this is the first time in years she landed a 3A. I am sure she did many good ones in practice too, but landing them in the actual competition is harder. I hope she gets there again eventually

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mary01 View Post
    what the heck are you talking about? look at what was said, the report said that she attempted two during her practice, and both where landed and looked gourges in the air!

one can assume and imagine all one want's too, but in the end what really happens is what matters! and what was reported and filmed was amazing news, I find it really puzzling how some are trying to turn positve news into something negative lol
    Uhh I am only going by Hurrah's report, and will please calm yourself down? If I am mistaken then thanks for the correction.

The only one imagine anything on this board seems to be you to do with hypothetical BVs lol! She really did two? Funny, all I see on the video is they replayed the jump three times, but then I don't understand the Japanese language. The thing is if she can do it, why not bring it? Strategy are for the weak, you should always bring your very best every time you step on the ice.

skating philosopher
    Japan loves the big tricks, so it doesn't surprise me that they would make a big deal about Mao landing a few 3As in practice. I don't think it hurts to mention it; it means she's still working on it. Of course, that isn't necessarily an indicator that it's competition ready.

For example, there has been reports that Ashley Wagner has been landing 2A-3T + 3F-3T in practices at Skate America and at home, but as she has declined to do them in competition it means it's not quite ready for prime time.

Uhh I am only going by Hurrah's report, and will please calm yourself down? If I am mistaken then thanks for the correction.

The only one imagine anything on this board seems to be you to do with hypothetical BVs lol! She really did two? Funny, all I see on the video is they replayed the jump three times, but then I don't understand the Japanese language. The thing is if she can do it, why not bring it? Strategy are for the weak, you should always bring your very best every time you step on the ice.
    Because there was no need for it and because she was injured, and three month short of practice, so why would she attempt something that would agravate her injury further, her health comes in first place, the axel can wait.

Custom Title
    Strategy are for the weak, you should always bring your very best every time you step on the ice.

Tell that to Sui Wenjing...strategy are for the smart IMO
    EDIT: I believe this is her second 3A: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjW7-NcVheA
    Last edited by Mirunna; 12-20-2012 at 12:50 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    Tell that to Sui Wenjing...strategy are for the smart IMO
    EDIT: I believe this is her second 3A: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjW7-NcVheA
    Look i am not trying to take anything away from her. If she can do the 3A then do it already.

Considering the amount of work JSU has managed to pull all the rules changes in her favour. Minimise GOE scale values therefore reduce the importance of quality across the board for every other lady. Reduce penalties for UR. Reduce penalties for wrong edge which minimize the importance for correct technique. Have a totally separate GOE scale of values just for the tripe axle as well as increase its base values by 0.5 as well as the 3loop. If she doesn't bring it, it would completely waste years of work behind the scenes to ensure the field favours her.

Yes ...strategy should matter but it is also the main difference between a serious performance sport (marked in accordance to performance on the day and treat all competitors equally from ground zero) vs a game sport (made impressions consist of media play and hype over a season, as well as star billing, which certainly does impact human judgement).
    Last edited by os168; 12-20-2012 at 01:20 PM.

Custom Title
    Wow, those triple axels were beautiful. She certainly must have kept practicing them; otherwise she wouldn't be able to land them. Both were beautiful with fantastic tight air position. The second one would be given < but the first one would be ratified! That's quite an achievement to land a fully rotated triple axel among the ladies, isn't it? I would love her to give it a shot but I understand she may prefer to go for a clean program without such a risky element.

It was very wise for Tarasova to put that position with the leg above the hip right after the lutz. When landed cleanly with good flow like in the practice video it will make up for the change of edge and Mao will likely get 0's instead of mostly -2's or -1's.

That was gorgeous! I love Mao's air position in those clips. It's much better than it is in her usual triples.

Custom Title
    Look i am not trying to take anything away from her. If she can do the 3A then do it already.

Considering the amount of work JSU has managed to pull all the rules changes in her favour. Minimise GOE scale values therefore reduce the importance of quality across the board for every other lady. Reduce penalties for UR. Reduce penalties for wrong edge which minimize the importance for correct technique. Have a totally separate GOE scale of values just for the tripe axle as well as increase its base values by 0.5 as well as the 3loop. If she doesn't bring it, it would completely waste years of work behind the scenes to ensure the field favours her.

Yes ...strategy should matter but it is also the main difference between a serious performance sport (marked in accordance to performance on the day and treat all competitors equally from ground zero) vs a game sport (made impressions consist of media play and hype over a season, as well as star billing, which certainly does impact human judgement).
    Oh, please. Paranoid, much?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Um Ando DID do 3Z-3L. Not all of them were ratified, but she at least tried to do it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u15HCptYOws
    She also did the 4S in the 2002 Junior Grand Prix final.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    Miki had several 3Lz-3Loop combos ratified. She had clean 3Lz-3Loop in SP and LP at 2007 world championships, for example.
    I meant in the 2011 worlds season. Obviously she never even tried that combo at worlds that year.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chloepoco View Post
    Oh, please. Paranoid, much?
    Oh, please. In denial much?

If it is one thing, i wouldn't have batted an eye, but when it is a whole series of major changes all goes on at the same time, how is it circumstantial?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast