Davis and White: FD not "effortless" | Golden Skate

Davis and White: FD not "effortless"

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Excerpt: [In their FD at the GFP], the Olympic silver medalists moved through various changes of holds and positions without neglecting either the emotional side of their heart-breaking story or the technical aspects of the required elements' execution.
“Some days you go out there and the performance comes really easily,” said Davis, “and other days you have to fight through it. Today, we were proud of the way we fought through it, and still put out a great performance. I think it’s days like that, when it doesn’t come super easily, that we feel we really grow the most.”

More...

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I think I preferred their NHK version to the GPF version.
But the GPF is definitely better than Skate America.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm just not feeling the FDs of the top two teams this year... seems to always be my problem... I don't think there's been a season where I've liked both the SD/OD and FD from D/W or V/M.

cleoc

Match Penalty
For me its hard understand why D-W had season best in FD if at NHK FD look better (not FD - choreo is bad, music cut is bad and this FD they skated two years ago, but speed, power, emotions were better in Japan).
And for is a big question who gave them 10 for choreo in FD. Maybe i disagree with marks for interpretation, but this is question of judges preference, but choreo really? :slink:
And how they could have higher GOE, then at NHK if at GPF SS were slow? So they get all 10th at WCh?

cleoc

Match Penalty
Some people see what they want to see.

Agree. But this FD even have the same finale :laugh:
I more wonder about D-W marks. In my opinion they must have low marks at GPF or higer at NHK ;)
I know its USA users forum, but guys, did you really think this FD could get 10 for choreo and transitions?

I just don't understand how they could generate so much speed and flow so effortlessly. They're true wonders on ice in many good ways:love:

cleoc

Match Penalty
At GPF they have the same speed with others and were slow in the steps.
Maybe at NHK they were fast :)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I know its USA users forum, but guys, did you really think this FD could get 10 for choreo and transitions?

Our latest poll on this subject had it pretty even as to where our users are from. N. America and the rest of the world were nearly 50/50. We're more international than you think.

cleoc

Match Penalty
USA & Europe+Russia were about the same in the poll. About 35% each.

But i dont think non-Americans post in a lot off D-W fan thread at this forum :biggrin:
Its OK. But i think only ubers didnt see any problems in D-W programs and skating. Any skaters have there best and worst sides :slink:

Whitneyskates

On the Ice
USA & Europe+Russia were about the same in the poll. About 35% each.

Wow, that's really cool, lots of different points of view.

The complaint that all of D/W's programs look the same is one of the most overused arguments against them, it's usually what people fall back on when they have nothing else. One of the things that first attracted me to D/W were their speed and power. This FD may not come effortlessly to them but you would never know. They never lose their power and speed.