Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 384

Thread: Meryl Davis & Charlie White

  1. #1
    Simply the best. l'etoile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,056

    Meryl Davis & Charlie White

    If there's one for Tessa and Scott, there should be one for amazing Meryl and Charlie

    Their ISU bio
    http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00006260.htm
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 04-09-2014 at 02:06 PM.

  2. #2
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    16,021
    Okay, well there is an active thread in the Edge right now about Charlie & Meryl doing the blogging for the lead up to the Winter Games.

    http://www.teamusa.org/Team-USA-Wint...ars-To-Go.aspx

    Also Meryl & Charlie fans should know about the Meryl & Charlie fansite, which has tons of photos and all videos of them, as well as links to their tweets & their schedule, and about every article ever written about them.

    www.merylandcharlie.com
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 11-08-2012 at 06:58 AM.

  3. #3
    “Our blade takes us in the most amazing places.” skatingfan4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    307
    I love BOTH V&M and D&W! Their rivalry is the best part of Ice Dance for me. What are your favorite programs from D&W? Mine are Phantom of the Opera, Die Fledermaus, and Samson and Delilah. D&W have such power in their skating and their lifts are always so amazing. Wishing them a successful season!

    Phantom of the Opera: Very expressive and unforgettable, with great highlights and great use of the music. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8-tHl1hGEU

    Die Fledermaus: This program is BIG and BOLD and it sweeps you up in its grandeur. The costumes are fabulous and I love the color of Meryl's dress. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJtPtv6F3Eo

    Samson and Delilah: So gorgeous and it flows really well. Even though this music is somewhat overused in figure skating, this program was choreographed well and performed well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njQDirZTLmI

    I will never forget their Bollywood OD either: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_Zs10qQhQ

  4. #4
    Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,048
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Okay, well there is an active thread in the Edge right now about Charlie & Meryl doing the blogging for the lead up to the Winter Games. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Apparently they are currently doing some work on their programs with Alex Wong of SYTYCD. I will be interested to see what changes they make for NHK.
    The outcome re the second post from Doris, which is from the thread about the Davis/White blog:

    Meryl Davis ‏@Meryl_Davis
    @CharlieaWhite and I had such an amazing experience with @AlexdWong this week! What an #inspiration he is.
    11:28 AM - 9 Nov 12

    Mirai Nagasu ‏@mirai_nagasu
    @Meryl_Davis @charlieawhite @alexdwong jealous!!!!!
    12:51 PM - 9 Nov 12

  5. #5
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,495
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan4ever View Post
    I love BOTH V&M and D&W! Their rivalry is the best part of Ice Dance for me. What are your favorite programs from D&W? Mine are Phantom of the Opera, Die Fledermaus, and Samson and Delilah. D&W have such power in their skating and their lifts are always so amazing. Wishing them a successful season!

    Phantom of the Opera: Very expressive and unforgettable, with great highlights and great use of the music. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8-tHl1hGEU

    Die Fledermaus: This program is BIG and BOLD and it sweeps you up in its grandeur. The costumes are fabulous and I love the color of Meryl's dress. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJtPtv6F3Eo

    Samson and Delilah: So gorgeous and it flows really well. Even though this music is somewhat overused in figure skating, this program was choreographed well and performed well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njQDirZTLmI

    I will never forget their Bollywood OD either: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_Zs10qQhQ
    That's pretty much the way I feel. I want both of these splendid couples to be at their best always. It's like having rubies and sapphires at the same time. I think Die Fledermaus is one of the greatest programs ever, for the way Meryl and Charlie create a mood--indeed, an entire vanished world--with the music and their movements. If I'm rooting for them over Tessa and Scott for this upcoming Olympics, it's largely because I want both of these couples to experience the joy of having an OGM in their careers. But I'll love both couples forever no matter what they end up with in 2014 in terms of medals.

  6. #6
    “Our blade takes us in the most amazing places.” skatingfan4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    307
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    That's pretty much the way I feel. I want both of these splendid couples to be at their best always. It's like having rubies and sapphires at the same time. I think Die Fledermaus is one of the greatest programs ever, for the way Meryl and Charlie create a mood--indeed, an entire vanished world--with the music and their movements. If I'm rooting for them over Tessa and Scott for this upcoming Olympics, it's largely because I want both of these couples to experience the joy of having an OGM in their careers. But I'll love both couples forever no matter what they end up with in 2014 in terms of medals.
    I second that! As I wrote on V&M's Fan Fest thread, "They are so different from each other but both so talented. It's like comparing apples and oranges, so I just let the judges decide the results while I sit back and enjoy the genius of both teams."

  7. #7
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    16,021
    ITA.
    Both teams are wonderful in different ways!

    I really, really loved their Giselle SD at Skate America So unexpected from Meryl and Charlie to go a ballet route for a polka. Anyone who liked their Die Fledermaus program should like it.

    My favorite programs of theirs are Samson & Delilah, Die Fledermaus, and Giselle & Bollywood.

  8. #8
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,139
    Charlie and Meryl are my favorite dance team EVER. I honestly felt they got robbed at Worlds last year. V & M are an outstanding dance team but I just felt Charlie and Meryl's program was more difficult and more intricate. This is the only team in dance or pairs where I can't take my eyes off the man. Charlie is probably the best male ice dancer IMO.

  9. #9
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    16,021
    Ice-dance.com has some great photos of Meryl & Charlie:

    Skate America Short Dance (the photos next & previous are also of them)
    http://photography.ice-dance.com/201...-DW-RR_595.jpg

    Skate America Free Dance (the photos next are also of them)

    http://photography.ice-dance.com/201...-DW-RR_595.jpg

  10. #10
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    16,021
    Ice Network has a recent interview with Meryl & Charlie up on this page, done during US Sectionals.

    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

    I don't know whether you have to be a member to view it.

  11. #11
    Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,048
    ^
    Thanks as always, Doris.
    Apparently a subscription to IN is necessary to view the Davis/White interview from Sectionals.
    After I clicked on your link, a box popped up requiring either logging in or purchase of a subscription.

  12. #12
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    90
    Davis and White are one of my favourite dance teams ever! I love how fierce and exciting they are. Already love this season's Giselle polka, it's lovely, best SD of all the teams IMO. A bit concerned about the FD, but hopefully they'll work on it and it will grow on me.

    My all-time favourite dances of theirs are: Eleanor Rigby (really loved the first version at SA the most, though I understand why they changed it), Bollywood, Il Postino and Die Fledermaus.

  13. #13
    Simply the best. l'etoile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,056
    I became a serious fan of D/W's from last season with Die Fledermaus although Bollywood is the one that caught my eyes for them. While I also adore V/M, I quite agree that each team has their own qualities to offer to figure skating, and that it's just like apples and oranges.

  14. #14
    Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,048
    I started a new thread in The Edge for the NHL.com article and video featuring Charlie White.
    http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...deo-on-NHL-com

  15. #15
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    16,021
    Cool.

    I just put up a thread in the Edge where Marina is interviewed. It is mostly about V&M and the Shibs at CoR, but there is a section about Meryl & Charlie.

    Apparently the DF lift they kept in their FD was at the request of judges.

    http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...979#post678979

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •