Javier Fernandez | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Javier Fernandez

jimeonji

Final Flight
Black Betty
This is assuming that he's doing 2 quads as people are saying. I'll list some different options he has for 2 quads.

The most likely 2 quad program would probably look like this.
4s3t 10.5 + 4.1
4t 10.3
---
3a 9.35
jump BV 34.25

here's another one.
4t3t 10.3 + 4.1
---
4s 11.55
3a 9.35
jump BV 35.3

the jump layout he used during DOI, which is risky, as people have mentioned.
4t 10.3
3a 8.5
---
4s3t 11.55 + 4.51
jump BV 34.86

in comparison to his jump layout from last season.
4s 10.5
3a 8.5
---
3lz3t 6.6 + 4.51
jump BV 30.11

any of these options would get him a good 4 points of BV more than last season, and I see the first as the most likely option with less risk than the 2nd or 3rd options.

jace93

On the Ice
This is assuming that he's doing 2 quads as people are saying. I'll list some different options he has for 2 quads.

The most likely 2 quad program would probably look like this.
4s3t 10.5 + 4.1
4t 10.3
---
3a 9.35
jump BV 34.25

here's another one.
4t3t 10.3 + 4.1
---
4s 11.55
3a 9.35
jump BV 35.3

the jump layout he used during DOI, which is risky, as people have mentioned.
4t 10.3
3a 8.5
---
4s3t 11.55 + 4.51
jump BV 34.86

in comparison to his jump layout from last season.
4s 10.5
3a 8.5
---
3lz3t 6.6 + 4.51
jump BV 30.11

any of these options would get him a good 4 points of BV more than last season, and I see the first as the most likely option with less risk than the 2nd or 3rd options.
there is also the option that he may do all of his jump before the half way mark (as kevin reynolds does), I think that it's less likely than the first one, but more likely than the second and the third one...

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I think he will do 4T3T instead of 4S. If he will not do 3T after 4T I think he still can try to do that after 4S.

jimeonji

Final Flight
I think it is extremely unlikely that he will do the last option. I just put that in there because it was the assumed layout based on what he did at DOI. Putting all the jumps in the first half would also be unlikely.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Javier's latest interview in Spanish: http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20140...-dinero_54412379544.html#.U89qrtD-x-c.twitter

Summary with BIG HELP from ioanap :love:

Spanish is not my mother tongue so I did my best. Native speakers can correct if necessary. :)

He says skating still costs him a lot of money and that he wishes he can qualify for the GPF because last season he couldn't. He says he is pleased with what he's done and wants to try for an Olympic medal in Pyeongchang because his 4th place in Sochi motivated him to go on. He said he didn't stay mad at himself for too long after failing to get on the Olympic podium, he was only mad for a day and then he moved on. He said he forgets things very easily.

He says he's been knowing Yuzuru for a long time and he thinks he is still an average 18 year old boy. Training with him is a great opportunity because he is the best skater in the world at the moment and he can also learn things from him, not only from the coach. He watches Yuzuru train and there's competition between them but they have a good relationship. He thinks being in the same training group as him is a great advantage.

He says Brian Orser is always paying equal attention to the both of them even when they are on the same rink. He stays 30 minutes with him and 30 minutes with Yuzuru, and always checking up on the other while he is focusing on one of them. They have nothing to complain about Orser and if they do have a problem they can always talk to him directly. Orser is always looking for ways to please them.

He has a good relationship with Orser, he is both his coach and someone who takes care of him. If he feels sick, Orser would go to the pharmacy and buy him medication. He is like a friend, like a big brother and not only him, the whole team. It's the best team in the world and he feels privileged to work with them, considering his background coming from a country with no tradition whatsoever in this sport.

He says the relationship between top skaters in the world is always good, they respect each other and hang out after competitions.

He thinks winning is not something that depends solely on him. He just tries to do his best programs but if somebody does better then he's not getting mad because he lost. He thinks he lost because somebody else did better and that's it. Even if he is one of the best 3 skaters in the world, skating is still costing him money and he has to pay his classes, his choreographers, just living in Toronto and everything is still expensive. He gets money from exhibitions and he says the ones in Japan are always the best payed ones. He says Japanese skaters like Mao and Yuzuru get lots of money for that.

He wants to do programs that make people forget about everyone else and he wants his 2015 program to be like that. He says he likes his SP and he thinks it suits him. He's always wanted to mix a classic program with a Spanish one so that's why he's doing The Barber of Seville for his LP.

He says his quads depend on how well training goes, and even if he does well in practice, doing them in competition is something different. It depends on his physical and mental state at that time. Even if he's staying in Canada so much time, he is still Spanish and nothing can take that from him. He wants to win medals for his country. He thinks he's not that popular because he can walk on the streets and nobody will recognize him, but sometimes he meets people that do and want to take pictures with him.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
I really am curious about Javi's LP.:yay: Who knows when is the most approximate date for us to see it? Do we really have to wait for his first Grand Prix assignment? Any rumors so far? Mmm, Mariposa????:think:

Alba

Record Breaker
Even if he is one of the best 3 skaters in the world, skating is still costing him money and he has to pay his classes, his choreographers, just living in Toronto and everything is still expensive. He gets money from exhibitions and he says the ones in Japan are always the best payed ones.

Even at this stage his Fed can't help him? :disapp: I mean, how many skaters do they have?
They should support him and H&D as well. Very talented skaters and their best in the history of Spanish FS.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
According to this source Javier Fernandez is going to be at Japan Open. So... we get to see his new LP on October, 4th. Thanks to @echotpe for the link!