Javier Fernandez | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Javier Fernandez

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congratulations to Javier for winning the Bronze Medal at Worlds and the first for Spain!

emdee

Final Flight
Adored Javier's ex. Didnt know he was such a comic. I heard that Kurt did it for him.
My stomach was hurting with my laughter.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Javier for winning the Bronze Medal at Worlds and the first for Spain!

Many many congrats to Javier from me, too! :party2:
Winning the Euro title and Worlds bronze medal. What a remarkable accomplishments Javi has made this season! :rock:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Adored Javier's ex. Didnt know he was such a comic. I heard that Kurt did it for him.
My stomach was hurting with my laughter.

I agree it was great. I had tears in my ears from laughing and it just kept getting funnier and funnier
as it went along. It was such a treat to see that side of him. Although he does display a playful side in his
Chaplin program.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Fernandez on Today show (Apr 5, NBC)

Reminder that Fernandez is skating on the Today show (NBC) at approx. 9:50 am this morning.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Congrats to Javier on a brilliant year! I'd also like to thank him for proving that you can do 3 quads in a program but still have all the other goods to boot. Loved both of his programs this year too!

moonkat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
hmm... I surprized there aren't more posts...
Anyways
Congratulation to Javier for a 2nd straight European Championship Gold!

chairmanmao

Final Flight
Big Javi fan here but I gotta say his programs this year are terrible. I became a fan after I saw his SP from SC 2011 so I expected something better for an Olympic year. His SP is just(no words) from the music to the choreography. His LP this year could be come really good if he hits it but I feel Chaplin would have been perfect for Sochi.

LRK

Record Breaker
I adored Chaplin, and thought it was... perfect, really. For me, anything else would probably have been something of a let-down. That said, both programs are growing on me - and since he's the one skating them, I can't not like them.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
I'm not a big fan of this SP, but I want him to win an olympic medal. He has an unique skating style. Good luck for today's performance!

LRK

Record Breaker
I certainly hope so! I would imagine that 4th place wouldn't be so satisfactory as to make him wish to rest on his laurels...

discombobulate

Rinkside
Ugh Javi was SOOOOOO amazing! I wish he would've medaled.

He totally killed it with his exercise routine exhibition. It makes me laugh EVERY TIME!!

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I just read this interesting and Hillarious interview with Fernandez after the european championships. I think I fell in love with his personality.
http://www.efsc2014.com/a-spanyol-s...ti-korcsolyajaban-fut-majd/?lang=en#more-2697

He loves video games, he is allergic to cats and yet has a beloved cat, he loves Japanese food and all food in general, thinks that Quadruple jumps are easier than triple-toe combinations...he's just so down to earth and charming. :)

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
I just read this interesting and Hillarious interview with Fernandez after the european championships. I think I fell in love with his personality.
http://www.efsc2014.com/a-spanyol-s...ti-korcsolyajaban-fut-majd/?lang=en#more-2697

He loves video games, he is allergic to cats and yet has a beloved cat, he loves Japanese food and all food in general, thinks that Quadruple jumps are easier than triple-toe combinations...he's just so down to earth and charming. :)

Thank you for sharing this wonderful article about Javier. For sure he is figure skating's "Mr. Congeniality."

This caused me to laugh out loud:

Q: When you see a photo of you with a jump face or a spin face, what do you think?

A: I’ve always wondered why they do those photos and why they make them public. They should pick other pictures where we have a good face, but maybe they want to express our suffering or the movement. It has to be a reason, but it’s cruel.

LRK

Record Breaker

Thanks for sharing - though, alas, I don't get any text, I don't know why? I get the headline, and the photos.... But thanks for summing up some of the content - the cat thing just made me go "Awwwwwww!" - I'm a cat fanatic, and if there were ever any doubt (there wasn't) of my affection for Javi... Anyway, he just seems so... relaxed. Sunny. :)

I so wonder what programs he will get next season? (I know it's early days, but am I the only one who, as soon as Worlds was ended thought: "Well, that's that done with... Hmmm.... I wonder what programs the skaters will get for next season"? :) )