Javier Fernandez | Page 112 | Golden Skate

Javier Fernandez

honghe

On the Ice
Seems like Miki has left Spain. Their vacation together isn't that long... but at least they could be together during the month of the FaOI tour.

honghe

On the Ice
Lol I was bored and looked at Javi's official website (http://www.javierfernandezskater.com/en/home-en/). His bio is lovely and talks very little (if anything at all) about his competitive career. Basically the bio can be summed up as "Javi likes to spend time with his friends. He likes Madrid. He REALLY likes Madrid. He loves his family. He REALLY REALLY likes Madrid. And mom's cooking. And food from Asia and Extremadura. And playing video games. His cat is exceptional. He is a fan of Real Madrid and Nadal.":laugh2:

(The bio is cute, but sorry, Javi, playing video games is not one of your "most unknown activies":rolleye:. Pretty much everyone knows how much you like it:laugh2:)

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
Lol I was bored and looked at Javi's official website (http://www.javierfernandezskater.com/en/home-en/). His bio is lovely and talks very little (if anything at all) about his competitive career. Basically the bio can be summed up as "Javi likes to spend time with his friends. He likes Madrid. He REALLY likes Madrid. He loves his family. He REALLY REALLY likes Madrid. And mom's cooking. And food from Asia and Extremadura. And playing video games. His cat is exceptional. He is a fan of Real Madrid and Nadal.":laugh2:

(The bio is cute, but sorry, Javi, playing video games is not one of your "most unknown activies":rolleye:. Pretty much everyone knows how much you like it:laugh2:)

Awww! That's the right attitude, Javi!

Also, I wonder... what are his feelings about Madrid - it doesn't sound as if he made that quite clear... ?;):)

Re Real Madrid - I wonder what he made of Euros? What about Gareth Bale versus Ronaldo, for example?

(Note: I don't really watch league matches, but since I'm a Spain fan, I suspect that, if I did, I'd be a Barca supporter. However... Zidane, my favourite player of all time, used to play in Real Madrid, so... I'd have a soft spot for them for that alone.:)

ETA - Just checked Zidane's Wikipedia... He's apparently "current manager of Real Madrid". Well, consider soft spot status upped.:))

honghe

On the Ice
Awww! That's the right attitude, Javi!

Haha I like both dogs and cats and love to hear/read what owners say about their pets. I've noticed that, when cats lovers talk about their cats, it's usually "My cat is beautiful and awesome and the overlord of everything"; while when dog lovers talk about their dogs, it's usually "Lol my dog is a goofball and does the most stupid things." :laugh:

Re Real Madrid - I wonder what he made of Euros? What about Gareth Bale versus Ronaldo, for example?

(Note: I don't really watch league matches, but since I'm a Spain fan, I suspect that, if I did, I'd be a Barca supporter. However... Zidane, my favourite player of all time, used to play in Real Madrid, so... I'd have a soft spot for them for that alone.:)

ETA - Just checked Zidane's Wikipedia... He's apparently "current manager of Real Madrid". Well, consider soft spot status upped.:))

He has said that he is happy for Ronaldo and Pepe. My feeling is that with Spain eliminated he'd be happy for any Real Madrid players if they won.
:eek:topic: I am a Barca fan but have huge respect of Zidane. All things considered, he's probably the greatest player of his generation.

LRK

Record Breaker
Haha I like both dogs and cats and love to hear/read what owners say about their pets. I've noticed that, when cats lovers talk about their cats, it's usually "My cat is beautiful and awesome and the overlord of everything"; while when dog lovers talk about their dogs, it's usually "Lol my dog is a goofball and does the most stupid things." :laugh:

Well, with dogs you are pack leader. Cats are their own boss - and therefore, naturally, yours too.:)

He has said that he is happy for Ronaldo and Pepe. My feeling is that with Spain eliminated he'd be happy for any Real Madrid players if they won.
:eek:topic: I am a Barca fan but have huge respect of Zidane. All things considered, he's probably the greatest player of his generation.

:thumbsup:

honghe

On the Ice
The first link didn't work for me, sadly. Just the thought of little Sunflower with Javi's family makes me happy, though.:)

I just fixed it. No idea what I hit when I tried to copy the link... But it should be working now!

I am sorry, LRK, I tried to give your "Cats are their own bosses" post a thumb up but I accidentally hit the button twice, and now I can't tell whether it means I gave it both a thumb up and a thumb down:palmf:... If that's the case I sincerely apologize.

LRK

Record Breaker
I just fixed it. No idea what I hit when I tried to copy the link... But it should be working now!

I am sorry, LRK, I tried to give your "Cats are their own bosses" post a thumb up but I accidentally hit the button twice, and now I can't tell whether it means I gave it both a thumb up and a thumb down:palmf:... If that's the case I sincerely apologize.

Oh, thank you - It's lovely to see her with them.:)

No worries - you gave me a thumb up.:)

evergreen

On the Ice
evergreen - I've seen other Asian writers use the same forms very commonly, particularly for Stephane. Is it somehow related to how his name is written in Japanese/Chinese? My Japanese agent does the same thing among others.

E

As far as I know, the katakana spellings of 'Stephane' and 'Stephen' are different, but I reckon 'Stephen', as an English given name, is more common in Asia than 'Stephane', a French name? Plus, my PC spell check always flags 'Stephane' as a spelling error :(

honghe

On the Ice
Miki has to work, so staying for more than a month in Spain would maybe not be an option. And anyway, apparently Javi is in Toronto now. From Luis Fenero's twitter: https://twitter.com/LFeneroPodium/status/753625130182533120

E

I wonder whether Luis meant Javi was physically present or that he was "present" because Scott was wearing that Team JF T-shirt. Either way, it is a lovely photo, and very nice of Scott for wearing that T-shirt:luv17:

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
I wonder whether Luis meant Javi was physically present or that he was "present" because Scott was wearing that Team JF T-shirt. Either way, it is a lovely photo, and very nice of Scott for wearing that T-shirt:luv17:

Oh my, you're absolutely right. I did not even notice the shirt... Sorry for spreading unfounded suppositions :slink: (My move to another country is in its last stages and my brain is tired...)

E

honghe

On the Ice
Oh my, you're absolutely right. I did not even notice the shirt... Sorry for spreading unfounded suppositions :slink: (My move to another country is in its last stages and my brain is tired...)

E

I moved from one city to another and it was already really, really exhausting... Preparing to to move to another country must be much more time and energy consuming. I hope everything goes well for you!

BTW I found the link to Javi's twizzle with Dornbush from a few years ago: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gyddy_iCJnk

Last edited:

honghe

On the Ice
Thanks for the sympathy, honghe! It went all well in the end - now I'm waiting for all my things to come and try to get all the arrangements done before that (like getting internet connection)...

This had appeared - I know one of the faces... https://twitter.com/andoni_maizal/status/754473875774267392

E

Glad to hear that your move went well! You've done the most difficult part!:agree: Unpacking could be a lot of work, too, but at least it's something you can do at your own pace... Hope you are settling down comfortably!

News article with a video about Javi's visit to the camp for children with rheumatic diseases: http://deportes.elpais.com/deportes/2016/07/17/actualidad/1468780466_676883.html
I'm happy that the children seemed to have enjoyed his visit:clap:

Javi looks adorable in the video, as usual. It seems that he mentioned his programs but I am not sure if he said anything in addition to what we already know about the music. Hopefully those who know Spanish can help us;)I also wonder whether they mean he'll be heading to Canada soon or just the general "he will go to Canada to prepare for the new season."

honghe

On the Ice
After the new report on Russia's involvement in doping was published, the IOC issued a statement containing this paragraph:

Because of the detailed references to the manipulation of samples during the Olympic Winter Games Sochi 2014 the IOC asks all International Olympic Winter Sports Federations to freeze their preparations for major events in Russia, such as World Championships, World Cups or other major international competitions under their responsibility, and to actively look for alternative organisers.

I wonder if CoR counts as one of the "major international competitions" this paragraph refers to, but if it does, then it might have to be moved to another place outside Russia... I have no idea where that might be, but I hope it could be somewhere in Europe, as otherwise the traveling and jet-lag would be more of a problem from this event to TEB.