Javier Fernandez | Page 188 | Golden Skate

Javier Fernandez

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Javi in Madrid with Tracy AND Brian! :luv17: It's so wonderful to see Brian back in action!!! I hope both him and Javi are now feeling well and ready for the competition.

:cheer:, I think it will get much-needed confidence booster and positive direction to Javier after this unfortunate CoC experience, looking forward to see Javier on top of his game again! Truly inspiring programs this season that capture for me the spirit of Javier himself and his entertainer's/performer's mastery

Mussique

On the Ice
Thank you @eppen and @tureis for the info and links!
I hope you have (and evergreen) a great time in France. I'm so envious! I'll watch it live online, I hope, but it's just not the same at all...keep us updated!!!
I'm glad to see Brian and Javi both fully recovered!
Let's hope there are plenty of good performances this time!!

Mussique

On the Ice

Brian Orser interview about the season so far
with Yuzu and Javi. Really interesting. Anyone knows who's the 12 yr old Brian is talking about? Fun fact is I think he's been512 for years, because Brian has talked about him in more than one occasion and he's always 12!! :laugh: :laugh:
Also some practice photos from Hielo Español. Anyone knows how he did in practice? There were no reports, just the photos. Thanks!!
Sorry for the double post, I'm on my phone and whenever I try to edit I end up deleting my posts >>///<<
Ahhh I'm nervous!!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland

Brian Orser interview about the season so far
with Yuzu and Javi. Really interesting. Anyone knows who's the 12 yr old Brian is talking about? Fun fact is I think he's been512 for years, because Brian has talked about him in more than one occasion and he's always 12!! :laugh: :laugh:

He's talking about Stephen Gogolev. He already has Fan Fest here if you to check more about him :) As a matter of fact, he is is still 12 years old. He will turn 13 in December though. You must have read interviews who were taken during that year if he was reffered as 12, I do remember interviews from before and his age was also correct (so reffered as 11 when he was 11 and so on).

I hope Javi has regained his spirits in his home town! :hap10:

Mussique

On the Ice
Woooow, impressive @cathleen!! I'll definitely keep an eye on him --and yes, I had seen some interviews in around ~march or so?
More [URL="https://jfls.tumblr.com/post/167567693205/javier-practicing-at-the-2017-internationaux-de]photos[/URL] of Javi! And here you have him with a big smile and Brian Orser! Any practice reports? Just a few hours to go!!

tureis

On the Ice
So eppen, evergreen and I made it to morning practice just in time to watch Javi's group. It went OK overall, although he looked a bit more tense than usual. He took a long time to get started on the jumps. The 3Lo with the La Mancha entry and exit was glorious, followed by a solid 3A. Then he did a 3T before trying any quads. Hit a perfect 4T+3T, but the proceeded to pop the 4S three times. Then it was his turn with the music and he did the 4T with a hand down and 2T as the 2nd part of the combo, hit a gorgeous 4S and another perfect 3A. He left a few minutes before the end of the practice session. It was wonderful to see Brian behind the boards with him. We cheered for him like mad when he was in the K&C with Elizabet. The arena is really small and as you can probably see even this isn't nearly half full. The event really has a senior B vibe, with the hockey glass walls and all. Anyways, already very nervous in anticipation of the men's SP!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I knew he will be all good! :hap10: Fantastic performance today :luv17:

Mussique

On the Ice
AHHHH I COME HERE TO COMMENTS BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO SPAM THE GP THREAD WITH MY ENTHUSIASM!!!
It's just, I'm so happy that last gp was a fluke!!! He's totally redeemed himself!!! Ohh, people are always so quick to overlook skaters when they have a bad day (not just Javi, almost every skater) and he proved them wrong again!! I just hope he can deliver a performance he feels satisfied with tomorrow, one that makes him smile as big as he did today at the end of the program.
Very good. Engaging!! I was jumping in my seat and clapping among the audience in the step sequence. I don't even care if it's a teensy bit cheesy, because it's Javi, he makes it work!!!
Ok, I know I'm not the most impartial person out there because I love his skating so much —but what a good, nice, CLEAN short program!! And he's still got room to improve it till Olys, so I hope he stays nice and healthy and satisfied with what he's doing.

Just.. Vamos Javi!!!
And you're all so lucky to go see him live!!!

LRK

Record Breaker
Well done, Javi!

It irks me somewhat that the Swedish commentators seem not to know that he was ill at Cup of China - how can they not know? Oh, well...

Good luck in the free, Javi!

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
What a day it has been... just in time to catch the practice session which was maybe slightly nervous, but overall good.

The wait for the 2nd men's group seemed eternal, but then it was warm-up. Which was relaxed, no hiccups in the jumps. Easy, good, confident.

And the program... I am still a bit dazed. It was just perfect.

Our seats are also almost perfect very close to ice and behind judges 8-9. Tureis has a Spanish flag and we made good use of it and our loud voices in every possible occasion along with the many Spaniards in the same section.

Can't wait for Man of La Mancha tomorrow - the ina bauer-3Lo will happen right in front of us and when he did it today in warm-up, I almost fainted...

Tomorrow another day and let's all hope that the good vibe carries him through the free! Vamos Javi!!!!!!!

E - super happy

tureis

On the Ice
What on earth have I done so well to deserve seeing both Malaguena in Helsinki and Modern Times in Grenoble live?!? :luv17::luv17: It is a privilege and joy beyond description!

This program is a marvel! The spins! That step sequence! How is it even possible to bring Chaplin's hobbling, stumbling character to life and at the exact same time exercise so perfect control over every single movement he does? I was totally taken aback by the harmony this program emanates live. It's such a powerful, sweeping, melancholic experience. There were people around who were moved to tears!

evergreen

On the Ice
I am speechless, what I can say, it is such a prelivage to witness the masterful performance tonight with the best companions one can ask for. This gentleman has worked very very hard to become such a great all around skater, and from performance point of view, he brings something special to the sports, a unique combination of athleticism, artistry and entertainment through portraying different characters on ice. This program captures the true essence of one of the greatest films and no one other than Javier can sell it, he did it tonight, I have feelings that the program has the potential to grow further and may he give it the best performance on the biggest stage, so people, including casual viewers and general fans can truly appreciate the ultra beauty of the sports. Thank you very much, Javi, for the joy and the beauty you brought to us tonight! Thank you very much, Eppen and Tureis, for sharing one of the happiest moments of my life together!

rosacotton

Final Flight
I finally just got a look at the results and... So many happy tears. YYYYYYAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSS JAVI!!!!! Well done! (Praying the rest of the battle will be won tomorrow.) :hap10::cry::yahoo:

*rushes off the watch his short program*

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Javi gave a master class today! Brilliant performance! :bow: We don’t get to see a performance like that to often. Bravo Javi!

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
I couldn't watch his performance live but I was keeping track of what was going on in the competition thread and I was so happy when I heard he was clean and saw his score. But when I saw it, wow, you don't see these kind of performances very often. It was beautiful and I'm so so happy for him, his smile at the end of his program was everything :yes: If I'm correct, he now has the second highest SB in the SP! :cheer:
Congrats Javi, what a comeback, and I'll be cheering for it to keep going in the FS!

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I've just caught up with the Men's Short and congratulations to Javi! That was an excellent program! I loved all the Charlie Chaplin moments and how adorable was it when he nailed the opening combo and you could see Brian waaaay in the distance leaping with joy! :biggrin:

Props to the fan who threw the Chaplin hat on the ice as well, it looked good in the KnC.

I'm looking forward to seeing Javi's free program - although I won't be able to watch it live - vamos! :party: