Javier Fernandez | Page 199 | Golden Skate

Javier Fernandez

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks to everyone for sharing your detailed reports, much appreciated. So nice to hear from the fans who are actually
at the competition. :)

tureis

On the Ice
Tureis, Eppen, Evergreen, look what I found at Dmitri Aliev's Thread... Your report of the small medall ceremony in video!
Silverfoxes, I hope you don't mind if I re-post it here.

Oh no, I have been outed! :eeking::laugh: Thanks for posting it, it's great to hear Javi's responses again!

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
Back home, feeling a bit melancholy and having trouble trying to get to work mode. If this was the last time I saw him in a competition live (he might decide not to go to the worlds after all!), there were so many special moments to remember during the week. The Red Square event, seeing almost all of the men's practices in the main rink, the competitions themselves, the small medals ceremony, the gala...

Another cool statistic that was added to Javi's Wikipedia page:
With this victory Fernández became the first man in 82 years to have won the European Championships 6 consecutive times (2013–18). He has joined an elite group of skaters able to dominate the event for 6 years or more: Karl Schäfer (8 years, 1929–36) in men, Sonja Henie (6 years, 1931–36) and Katarina Witt (6 years, 1983–88) in ladies, Marika Kilius / Hans-Jürgen Bäumler (6 years, 1959–64) and Irina Rodnina (10 years, 1969–78, with two partners: Alexei Ulanov, 1969–72 and Alexander Zaitsev, 1973–78) in pairs.
Like WOW!

The way he gets talked about as a living legend even when he is there is wonderful - in the FS presser with the Russians, for example. It was also amazing to see him get minded in his public appearances. He was taken to the Red Square session by a group of 10 people at least, in the small medals the fenced area was way bigger than in the pairs before that. And again a couple of security guys making sure all the time that he could move easily. The rockstar moment when the crowd in the corner of the fenced area almost jumped him was scary!

I still remember the first time I ever saw him in a small medal ceremony in Stockholm 2015: hardly any people there (well, that was partly because the Swedish organizers who announced the place ONLY in Swedish...) and the guys standing around almost amongst the audience with no fear of getting mobbed. And in three years he has become Rockstar Javi :love:

It has been a pleasure to share this event with you all! :love:

E

tureis

On the Ice
Brian talks about his plan for Javi's training in the remaining weeks before the Olympics in this article.

It sounds like Javi will have his bum kicked to work on his stamina and will also be subjected to performing under pressure. It's all rather mysterious but sounds great for addressing some concerns about his free program, so I'm really hopeful we will see the results in PC. :thumbsup:

And then Javi is quoted about not sharing training with Yuzu that much anymore. I would say that's a very smart thing with all the pressure on both of these guys so close to the Olympics.

kptnciam

Rinkside
Well, thank you so much eppen, tureis and evergreen for the reports. I share your mixed feelings and I got emotional while I was reading you. :cry: I can't stop feeling emotional, and I think it will stay this way until the olympics start. Then the craziness and histeria will take over me, I guess. So thank you so much for letting us live the experience with you, and I'm super happy that you all feel the same way I do with Javi. He's great and he deserves all our love. :love: Jeeze :cry:

tureis

On the Ice
Well, thank you so much eppen, tureis and evergreen for the reports. I share your mixed feelings and I got emotional while I was reading you. :cry: I can't stop feeling emotional, and I think it will stay this way until the olympics start. Then the craziness and histeria will take over me, I guess. So thank you so much for letting us live the experience with you, and I'm super happy that you all feel the same way I do with Javi. He's great and he deserves all our love. :love: Jeeze :cry:

Thank you for your compliments, glad to have shared our Euros experience! :) But now you're making me emotional too! :cry: Damn this last Olympics blues! :laugh:

And couldn't agree more, Javi absolutely deserves all the love he gets, which is why it's such a wonderful experience to see Javi compete live and witness all the love and support that surrounds him from audiences everywhere. :luv17:

kptnciam

Rinkside
Yeah, these last few years I’ve managed to go to quite a lot of competitions but not this year, so besides this emotional thing, I’m kind of missing to see him live... [emoji24] I went to Helsinki thinking that would be my last chance seeing him skate, but I cannot accept it xD So I really hope he goes to Milan, at least I’ll be able to be there for the FS. ❤️ hahaha this is really depressing 🤣

tureis

On the Ice
Wonderful! A Javi fan meeting will be in order then. :biggrin: Hopefully celebrating Javi's presence at the event too... :p

evergreen

On the Ice
Here are the Vedio clips I took at the small medal ceremony by my cell phone in case anyone is interested. Sorry the videos are not the best quality due to the equipment and skill, as I can hardly to anything with the camera but tried to keep my hands as steady as I could while being pushed by exciting fans standing next and behind me. Please let me know if you have any troubles in downloading the files.

Part I https://mega.nz/#!JXoDkY5L!v-jqcFS2vrBeqG-MUreVIcsaGnb7RMzFe3TZ2sZuCGA

Part II
https://mega.nz/#!FDgEwarS!Ml0m7z76-hJcpPQFpeeTphn5ulJ_wlu88xSSJjJv3kA

Part III
https://mega.nz/#!wbRhzQaY!jNHUHmiTVfkXPdkEIy3wNeD1tK8aTsmTOlU4XLshNjI

Part IV
https://mega.nz/#!sPQmDbRA!7GLkrnEwl-XGTl0Wkjxp9kzLLGVaJIgEQsdqzaQkUck

musicfan80

Medalist
Super excited that Javier will doing the Canadian SOI tour! I may just plan a little vacation in Toronto. Or Ottawa. Or Halifax. Or even Victoria. :agree:

Olibritt

On the Ice
Country
Spain
Most recent interview by Eurosport, translation will be much appreciated.

https://www.eurosport.es/patinaje-a...s-secretos-de-su-movil_vid1023104/video.shtml

Sorry to tell you that it's not really interesting but, it was easy to translate so, here you have it!
I just have a little doubt, I do not know what to think. Do you think he's got a girlfriend? He is so subtle... :scratch2:

Q- Who will you call before competing in Pyeongchang?
A- To my girlfriend
Q- Your last whatsapp?
A- To my girlfriend
Q- What is in your wallpaper?
A- My girlfriend
Q- Ringtone?
A- One of iphone, a little ugly but ... one of iphone
Q- What will be the last picture you will take before Pyeongchang?
A- Someone for social networks, sure.
Q- Last video?
A- Greeting my girlfriend, I guess, I do not know.
Q- Favorite social network?
A- Instagram
Q- Your favorite app?
A- Whatsapp
Q- A music app?
A- Spotify
Q- A sports app?
A- Eurosport? Hahaha
Q- What games do you have on your mobile?
A- I have many but I do not remember the name, because I always delete them and download new ones.
Q- At what time do you have the alarm set?
A- It depends on when I have to wake up.
Q- Your most fun whatsapp group?
A- "Aguapando" (the word may has a meanning for him, but it has no meanning in spanish)
Q- Your favorite emoticon?
A- The guy with glasses (I can't find it here, I think he means one like this :biggrin: with "nerd glasses")
Q- The most famous person in your contacts?
A- Iker Casillas (ex-Real Madrid and ex-Spanish national team soccer player, goalkeeper)
Q- And your phone number?
A- I'm not going to tell you

tureis

On the Ice
Sorry to tell you that it's not really interesting but, it was easy to translate so, here you have it!
I just have a little doubt, I do not know what to think. Do you think he's got a girlfriend? He is so subtle... :scratch2:

Haha well maybe he thought the Instastories weren't making it clear enough so he wanted to hammer it home. :biggrin::laugh2:

Spanish Eurosport videos are geoblocked for me so especially thanks for the translation!

There are 3 more videos which I think are new as well(?)

About getting an Olympic medal
About Brian
About his family's sacrifices

I hope they end up on youtube eventually.

Olibritt

On the Ice
Country
Spain
There are 3 more videos which I think are new as well(?)

About getting an Olympic medal
About Brian
About his family's sacrifices

I hope they end up on youtube eventually.

I’ve seen the three videos and I’m beginning to think that, maybe, the best I can do for the Spanish journalists is NOT to translate anything else until the end of the Olympics. It seems that the journalist saw the videos of LALIGA4SPORTS and she is asking him the same things she learnt there but, in the last video, surprise! She really knew him, they met long time ago… It’s the Olympics, I guess… Is it the same in other countries?

In sort, nothing new. In detail, this is what he says:
- About the Olympic medal, he’ll try to win one. It’s like the star of a Christmas tree, the tree is perfectly fine without it but it’s better if it has one.
- About his international coaches, he says that with Morozov he learnt how the training was in other countries and how to manage by himself; that made him grow up. With Orser , he finally found stability, he learnt with him almost everything, he is more than a coach, he’s part of his family, a friend. He says that he even learnt from Orser to arrive on time, to work hard without complains and to do his training without anyone telling him to do it. Javi says too that Orser is the best coach in the world.
- Javi began to skate when he was 6 years old, he was so young than he does not remember much about it, only that he never wanted to go and, once in the rink, he never wanted to leave. He met the journalist (and her mother) there, because she used to train in that rink too. His family made a big effort to support him and the only thing they asked him in return was to work hard and to enjoy what he was doing.

tureis

On the Ice
I've said this before and will keep on saying it: you're amazing, Olibritt! Thank you so much again! :thank:

Aww Javi calling Brian the best! :luv17: I love how loyal and dedicated Javi is to Brian and how deeply personal their relationship is. As I was reading Javi's book it was clear how much Javi needed that stability and friend/father relationship in his life to really blossom into the skater he is today.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
- About his international coaches, he says that with Morozov he learnt how the training was in other countries and how to manage by himself; that made him grow up. With Orser , he finally found stability, he learnt with him almost everything, he is more than a coach, he’s part of his family, a friend. He says that he even learnt from Orser to arrive on time, to work hard without complains and to do his training without anyone telling him to do it. Javi says too that Orser is the best coach in the world.

:yahoo: Yeah, he made Javier mature... It¨s wonderful that they have such a great frienship.