Javier Fernandez | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Javier Fernandez

Meoima

Match Penalty
I really wish someone would upload videos of his practices. :scowl: Much as I like Yuzuru...he's not the only skater in this competition, some of us would like to see the other men, too!
That depends on the fans. There is no official practice videos (except the Japanese media and Japanese media only care about their skaters).
But Twitter said Javi has done well today.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
People went totally crazy when he got on the ice. Which was to be expected and nice, but I guess it also put even more pressure on him. During the warm up I already got a feeling that he looked kinda stressed out. I don't know. He was taking really deep breaths really often like he was trying to calm down but it didn't quite work. So sorry for him, he didn't look happy afterwards. Really hope he got all the :drama: out of his system now and will do better tomorrow! 

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
The roar of the crowd was insane, or so it sounded from my steam. I'm not surprised it became too much pressure. Please come back strong tomorrow, Javi!

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
He wasn't the skater I used to know:no: Too much pressure... even his amazing interpretation was affected.

Good luck for tomorrow!

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Program from Javier spanish comment https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=493RT6n61vQ&list=UU2b3iFW1yXnn_P0zWGo5rMA

0.20 are they family
At Quad salchow, both scream "NO" even before he landed
When he double, one of them, think Paloma, also muttered No.
They both said that he was really nervous and under pressure.
Both liked the step sequence.
At the end both go "Bueno" like Oh well...

Edit.

They compare Javi situation with Carolina Kostner in Torino...

HanDomi

Record Breaker
When I saw what is going on in the air at quad sal, I jsut wanted to jump there and catch him :laugh2:

I don't know what now. Nothing to loose, let's hope for great skate tomorrow and landing on podium

chairmanmao

Final Flight
I'm not a fan of Javi's SP this year so I'm not so down on him performing it poorly but for the sake of the Spanish fans I wanted to see a near 100 score. I think the pressure got to him in the end. Crossing my fingers he does his LP perfectly which is my favorite this season. Although having very difficult choreography it may end up to be another disaster skate. I really hope not, I want to see a flawless version of this LP and what better place than in Spain.

LRK

Record Breaker
I just watched Javi's SP.... and I'm heartbroken for him. I was watching the delayed broadcast on (Swedish) Eurosport... and when they skipped him and went right to Kovtun, I was like: "What? Why? Did they skip Javi?" and, then, the sinking feeling of.... "Oh, dear... that can't be good... that can't be good at all... "

But.... to be fair, he's really never been in this position before. It must be huge pressure - and he isn't used to it. In his home country, being the main draw for the home crowd... (shakes head) I can only hope he's got that out of the way, and rebounds in the free. Hopefully he isn't feeling added pressure because he feels he must deliver in the free - and give his home crowd something to really cheer for.... Oh, dear....

You know you can do it, Javi - the main thing is for you to remember that!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I'm really glad that Javier got to stand on the podium in front of his family and countrymen! Not a perfect skate, but it was good enough. I really hope he can help popularize the sport in Spain! There are so many countries that are underrepresented in skating and variety is the spice of life. :)

Meoima

Match Penalty
I'm really glad that Javier got to stand on the podium in front of his family and countrymen! Not a perfect skate, but it was good enough. I really hope he can help popularize the sport in Spain! There are so many countries that are underrepresented in skating and variety is the spice of life. :)
I am happy that he and his home crowd is happy now. Well-deserved medal Javi. You are a fighter!! :rock:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Congratulations on your GPF silver medal Javier! A GPF podium finish is what we your fans have wished for you since we learned that the GPF will be held in your home country. Considering how you fought back from your SP, your silver to me is as good as gold. :)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Javi! Thank goodness he held it together for the free--not perfect, but definitely enough for the podium.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Sooo happy that Javier pulled himself together and kicked some major butt tonight! He was on and people were going nuts whenever he nailed something, it was insane really. I wouldn't have been surprised if he'd gotten blown out of the rink by all those screams, people really were beyond crazy :biggrin: it was awesome. And they were still celebrating him like it was the end of the world during and after the medal ceremony. He looked pleased, I think he knows that he did a good job overall, that he made us all happy and his people very proud :yes: wonderful night for everybody

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I couldn't help but look at Orser a few times during Javier's skate. The way that man lived the performance with Javier was just crazy. :)

Pamigena

Record Breaker
^ I only caught some glimpses but to me he sometimes looked less like a coach and more like a conductor :laugh: