Javier Fernandez | Page 21 | Golden Skate

Javier Fernandez

sajoya

On the Ice
It was a good comeback indeed. Hopefully he's not beating himself too much over the silver. Ando, please give him a call and cheer him up a bit :cry:

Meoima

Match Penalty
It was a good comeback indeed. Hopefully he's not beating himself too much over the silver. Ando, please give him a call and cheer him up a bit :cry:
I am sure his people are proud of him. They know how hard it is to pull back after a bad performance. He has just showed them he's the Spain and European Champion! Amazing!

firal

Record Breaker
Yes I agree we need a personal camera on Orser.:biggrin:

He should be very proud today. Both of his students overcame something and delivered. I was happy that the Spanish crowd get to see their hero on the podium, they've been so supportive to everyone, which I have to sheepishly admit was a surprise to me. I had thought that being a country that doesn't really get to host these events, they would only pay attention when Javi is on the ice and zone out during other performances. Glad I was wrong!

Meoima

Match Penalty
Yes I agree we need a personal camera on Orser.:biggrin:
I remember Orser immitated Yuzuru's doughnut spin in WC 2013 and many commentators in the world, including the stoic Robin Cousins laughed so hard at his "try" and said something like "Thank God Brian didn't do that when he still competed." :laugh2:
Then at CoR Borser jumped so high when Javi hit his 4S, someone took a photo of his... belly button. :rofl: I can't stop laughing.

Last edited:

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
:points::cheer2::hb: No words can explain how ecstatic I am for Javier!! Congratulations!!

chairmanmao

Final Flight
Good performance from Javi. Still he is a long way back from his Chaplin best. This 3 quad program really isn't working anymore especially since he usually pops his 4S-3T.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Good performance from Javi. Still he is a long way back from his Chaplin best. This 3 quad program really isn't working anymore especially since he usually pops his 4S-3T.

I think it is the only way for Javi. It's looks like his 3A is not working well enough to have more than one in LP, so he is trying to make this up by 3 quads, his quad sal is overall his main quad, but for me it still looks like his quad toe is more reliable in competition usually :biggrin:

Basing on history of his quads landed I would give him two quad toes in 1st half and quad sal in 2nd :biggrin:

Last edited:

skateyamada

On the Ice
I suppose Miki Ando will not like this:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B44Ek85IUAESSm3.jpg:large
:rofl: it's just the angle of the camera I know but :rofl:

:rofl:I just watched a Japanese show as well talking about Yuzuru and they introduced Javier as well saying he was a major support for Yuzuru going into the GPF. Funny thing was, they mentioned his relationship to Miki for like 20 seconds before they went on and on about his close relationship with Yuzu. They were like, it is because they have different personalities that they can support each other and how they were good for each other. It is like the Japanese media thinks Javier announced his relationship to Yuzu instead of Miki.:laugh:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
javier got the Best 2014 Spanish Sportsmen award, hopefully many more awards to come :cheer:, maybe best eyelash (his eyelashes are so long :eek::) or something cause his cricket bro already got the best eyebrow award :laugh:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Best eyelashes...I love it! :agree: It would be fun to give out special medals for such unique and important "talents" that aren't included in the CoP...:)

Congratulations to Javi on the award!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Maybe soon he will open a school in Spain!! IIRC Javi's dream is to become a coach after he retires.

yes i read that too but i doubt it would be soon, there are still 3 more years till next olympics and after that it would take time to become one let alone opening school, it took how many years for brian after he retired?? but of course i wish him the best :yay:

Meoima

Match Penalty
yes i read that too but i doubt it would be soon, there are still 3 more years till next olympics and after that it would take time to become one let alone opening school, it took how many years for brian after he retired?? but of course i wish him the best :yay:
Yeah, It takes Lambiel quite a long time to open a FS school in his country as well. Years of shows and shows...and money. Nevertheless I wish him the best. Maybe Javi can follow Borser's path of becoming a great coach. :yay:

Meoima

Match Penalty
^Yeah, I watched it too. IIRC it was the same for Yulia when she arrived in Japan.