Javier Fernandez | Page 213 | Golden Skate

Javier Fernandez

tureis

On the Ice
Javi will be doing a bunch of media appearances today!

First one: Facebook live video interview for Eurosport. Can somebody help out with a bit of translation? About midway through Javi is asked two very important questions: how does he plan to coordinate moving back to Spain with training for any competitions, and does he consider going for a 7th consecutive European title one of his next goals?

He will also be a guest on TVE's 24H channel tonight at 19:00, in a sports program named Zona Mixta.

JuliettaG

On the Ice
Javi will be doing a bunch of media appearances today!

First one: Facebook live video interview for Eurosport. Can somebody help out with a bit of translation? About midway through Javi is asked two very important questions: how does he plan to coordinate moving back to Spain with training for any competitions, and does he consider going for a 7th consecutive European title one of his next goals?

He will also be a guest on TVE's 24H channel tonight at 19:00, in a sports program named Zona Mixta.

So, recap of the most important parts... They ask about whether he is going to live and train in Spain or if he has other plans; and he said that he has to speak with Brian and plan the trainings, he thinks that he has to go to Canada to get new programs and if he is going to compete he has to stay in Toronto a bit longer to be enough prepared.

He wants to win seven consecutives European titles, it is a challenge or a goal( he said that Plushenko won seven but not consecutives ). And he thinks that when the moment comes, he has to choose when to say goodbye to the competitions and to the fans ,but he doesn't know yet, maybe it doesn't happen this year or next Europeans.

reneerose

Final Flight
I wish he could take his Revolution on Ice to America and tour it here. I'd love to see him in person!

tureis

On the Ice
Javi's interview from last night on the 24H channel can be watched here.

He repeats some of the things he said in the Eurosport interview about moving back to Spain but training in Canada, and the 7th European title as a next goal. They talk about Yuzu's recent comments on Javi, the plans for the high performance center, but my favorite was right at the beginning, when the reporter basically openly promotes him for the Princesa de Asturias award!

BTW, if you haven't signed the online petition yet for Javi to finally get Spain's highest recognition, you can do it here! :biggrin:

Here is a good summary article based on the 24H TV interview.

And a new date for Javi's tour announced: November 10th in Pamplona!

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Javi has confirmed his assistance for the following ice shows:

The Legends: Medal Winners Gala in Osaka, March 30th
Stars on Ice Japan in Osaka, March 31st and April 1st.
Stars on Ice Japan in Yokohama, April 6th-8th
Stars on Ice Canada (all dates), April 27th - May 17th

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Burning question - Did Javi make the "goat noises" when he realized he won 2015 0r 2016 Worlds? :rofl: :luv17:

tureis

On the Ice
2015 Worlds :) in 2016 he just raised his hands holding a plushie.

But if I recall correctly, the goat noise actually resurfaced briefly in Boston as well, that time from Brian, which both Javi and David pointed out immediately. :laugh:

tureis

On the Ice
I guess we can say Javi has made it to fame in Spain when his weekend excursions are being reported as news. :laugh:

And I have to say, although Javi isn't keeping it a secret by any means that he has a new(ish) girlfriend, in fact he posts very noticeably (as illustrated above) and quite often, it's STILL not enough for the info to sink in with journalists. Here's an otherwise respectable piece about the amount of sacrifice Javi had to make to achieve the success he has. Miki still named as his girlfriend. :palmf:

So, to provide a bit of help...

Dear journalists, who actually bother to google for the terms "Javier Fernandez girlfriend" or "Javier Fernández novia" and this post comes up for you. Miki Ando is no longer Javi's girlfriend, and hasn't been for several months now. It's really not that difficult to figure out, because Javi tags his girlfriend's name in many of his posts, and it's most certainly NOT Miki Ando. If you're just confused because you read about Miki at some point and still going by that, well then DON'T! By all means find a photo of Miki online and you'll be able to see for yourselves that the girl you can see in Javi's photos now is very different from Miki. But since Javi doesn't actually speak about her with name at this stage, it would serve you best to respect that and simply not name Javi's girlfriend at all for now. But certainly don't write about someone else!!! :eek:

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
I guess we can say Javi has made it to fame in Spain when his weekend excursions are being reported as news. :laugh:

And I have to say, although Javi isn't keeping it a secret by any means that he has a new(ish) girlfriend, in fact he posts very noticeably (as illustrated above) and quite often, it's STILL not enough for the info to sink in with journalists. Here's an otherwise respectable piece about the amount of sacrifice Javi had to make to achieve the success he has. Miki still named as his girlfriend. :palmf:

So, to provide a bit of help...

Dear journalists, who actually bother to google for the terms "Javier Fernandez girlfriend" or "Javier Fernández novia" and this post comes up for you. Miki Ando is no longer Javi's girlfriend, and hasn't been for several months now. It's really not that difficult to figure out, because Javi tags his girlfriend's name in many of his posts, and it's most certainly NOT Miki Ando. If you're just confused because you read about Miki at some point and still going by that, well then DON'T! By all means find a photo of Miki online and you'll be able to see for yourselves that the girl you can see in Javi's photos now is very different from Miki. But since Javi doesn't actually speak about her with name at this stage, it would serve you best to respect that and simply not name Javi's girlfriend at all for now. But certainly don't write about someone else!!! :eek:

The fact she's not Japanese should clue a lot of people about Miki Ando not being the person in Javi's photos but what do I know? :laugh:

tureis

On the Ice
The fact she's not Japanese should clue a lot of people about Miki Ando not being the person in Javi's photos but what do I know? :laugh:

Haha right? A tiny, insignificant, minute little detail. :laugh:

Oh and BTW, the girlfriend photos could also finally clue the #yuzuvier shippers that, once again, it's this girl in the personal pics Javi is professing his love for, and not, you know, Yuzu. But I guess that would be really way too much to ask. :laugh2::rolleye:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:thank: , xibsuaz & tureis! :bow:

We were so fortunate to be i@ 2016 Worlds in Boston & I was jumping up & down for Javi! :cheer:

Henni147

Final Flight
Haha right? A tiny, insignificant, minute little detail. :laugh:

Oh and BTW, the girlfriend photos could also finally clue the #yuzuvier shippers that, once again, it's this girl in the personal pics Javi is professing his love for, and not, you know, Yuzu. But I guess that would be really way too much to ask. :laugh2::rolleye:

Same thought after reading some of the instagram comments. What must Javi be thinking about all those #yuzuvier hashtags himself... :palmf::laugh:

tureis

On the Ice
Javi is expanding his repertoire with a speaking engagement at a conference today: he has been invited to Spain's first conference dedicated to the protocol and organization of sports events. He will speak about his career and experiences. Not surprising at all that he would be chosen for this type of thing. Javi is one of the most eloquent athletes out there. :agree2:

tureis

On the Ice
Same thought after reading some of the instagram comments. What must Javi be thinking about all those #yuzuvier hashtags himself... :palmf::laugh:

Well I think probably he just laughs it off most of the time. But as I recall things got out of control at least on one occasion where he had to disable comments on an instagram post because the nature of some of the comments went from funny/ridiculous to downright nasty. :rolleye:

tureis

On the Ice
Awwwwwww these tiny Javi pics are so adorable! :luv17: And I've never seen some of them before!

Javi has announced his summer camp for 2018. Two weeks in Granada in July, first week with Brian, second week with Tracy! So happy that his coaches are there for Javi! :clap: And great to see that Javi is able to do this now with proper sponsorship, by LaLiga and Reebok, no less.

There will be an official presentation of Javi's tour for the press on Monday. Hopefully that will mean we get to hear all the dates and locations! :biggrin:

Oh and BTW, greetings from Milano! Worlds will feel so empty without Javi... :cry: But he has earned his rest! Hopefully he can get some now.