Javier Fernandez | Page 22 | Golden Skate

Javier Fernandez

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Apparently Spanish Nationals are taking place this weekend, men's SP was today. I haven't seen any info about this competition except on this Twitter account.

"Javi 4S with a hand, 3L-3T< and 2A. 87.06 points."

makaihime

Final Flight
Apparently Spanish Nationals are taking place this weekend, men's SP was today. I haven't seen any info about this competition except on this Twitter account.

"Javi 4S with a hand, 3L-3T< and 2A. 87.06 points."

Thank you :)

Javi better get it all out of his system before worlds...:drama:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
so soon after GPF :drama: hopefully better performance tomorrow or whenever fp is :cheer: i saw this pic of him earlier but didnt think nationals would be so soon, i wonder if brian is there :confused:

LRK

Record Breaker
Well, this time it can't be nerves, surely? Oh, Javi, Javi, Javi... (shakes head)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Javier Raya is in 2nd place with 76.72. I don't think Javier F. is in any danger of falling out of first place. I would imagine he is just exhausted - only one week since the GPF, and he's had to do lots of media since then.

LRK

Record Breaker
I don't think there is any way in heaven or earth that he can lose his spot for Euros or Worlds - or that it's likely he can mess up enough to lose Spanish Nationals. That's why I said that it cannot be nerves - gallavich has a good explanation, though: maybe he's simply tired. Oh, well, hope he comes back strong for Euros/Worlds. Those are what really matter now, anyway.

Meoima

Match Penalty
For sure Javi's schedule is hectic these days. So many media and events to attend. I think he was just tired. He will be fine by Euro I suppose.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Congrats to Javier on his Championship. He got 168 in the long program. Info from here. No others reports in Spanish media as far as I can tell.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Some quotes from Javier from last week media meetings.

Fernandez Fernández: The Goals for 2015 are Gold in Europeans Championship and Podium in Worlds

Spanish figure skater Javier Fernández, two time European Champion and two time medalist in Worlds, have set his goals to 2015: "defend European Championship and to reach podium at worlds"

Fernández told EFE in Granada that he was tired, since he hasn´t stop in the last 10 days, and aftergetting silver in GPF in Barcelona"

Fernandez: "Somepeople will ask why I wouln´t be in first? I would try to be on the podium and if I´m first well I´ll be first, but I need to set standard in my goals and I don´t want to set a goal I can´t reach. If I´m in the podium I would be proud of my job"

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Some quotes from Javier from last week media meetings.

Fernandez: "Somepeople will ask why I wouln´t be in first? I would try to be on the podium and if I´m first well I´ll be first, but I need to set standard in my goals and I don´t want to set a goal I can´t reach. If I´m in the podium I would be proud of my job"

this makes me little sad because he can do it he just needs to believe that :clap:

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Happy new year greeting from Javier, with cute picture with Miki and her daughter, looks like it´s getting serious.

And I wonder how much christmas vacations do a skater gets? Euros is getting close.