Javier Fernandez | Page 25 | Golden Skate

Javier Fernandez

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I guess I'm too old to care about this social media following/unfollowing stuff...it seems like borderline stalking in my book. Really, why does anyone care that much? I don't think gossip about Miki belongs in Javier's fan thread at all. They are both in their mid-20s, they are intelligent people, if they like being together great, nobody else needs to concern themselves with their relationship. They don't need babysitters or people telling him to "be careful." You know, he's known Miki personally for years...how many of these people throwing out accusations know either one of them personally, or are they just getting info from tabloids and other so-called "fans" online?

salchowx4

On the Ice
Just to be clear, this latest twitter outrage is all over one tweet that says snow and has a link to an instagram pic of the white stuff, right? Geez-o-Pete that's silly.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Just to be clear, this latest twitter outrage is all over one tweet that says snow and has a link to an instagram pic of the white stuff, right? Geez-o-Pete that's silly.
:slink: actually I think the root of the problem is some fans couldn't take it that Javi is in relationship with a single mom.
I think Javi is mature enough to decide who he wants to be with. Stay strong Javi! :dance:

aqua70

Rinkside
Personally, I would further speculate that these fans don't like that Javier is dating at all. Brian Joubert went through this throughout his competitive career. And there's other popular heartthrobs throughout history who have experienced the same thing. Javi is a grown man & has the capacity to make his own decisions.

I just hope that they just ignore the haters & focus on each other. If it doesn't work, I'd rather it be because they choose it--not because of she was ran off by overzealous fans.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
I've scanned some pages from that GPF booklet which had infos about all the skaters. There was also an interview with Javier, no idea if this has been posted before. I've scanned the whole thing, just pick whichever language you like best :biggrin:
1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
New interview with Javier, it seem like it is a little preview of a bigger one.

He talks about how much he loves Madrid.
He saids that he doesn´t gets recognize much.
He said that the future popularity of the sport will depend on how much future generations can achieve, he said that since he lives outside Spain he doesn´t get much media coverage. If new figure skater generations in Spain keep the sport in the media.
He said in the future he will like to coach, but doesn´t know if he will do in Spain, in Canada, or Japan.
He has cat, even so he is alergic. It was a gift. He doesn´t said from who.
He likes chocolate. And cola calo.
He likes to play video games, he mentions Call of Duty.
He also likes to plays bowling.
He said he used to play hockey. Used to have a team.
He wants to get a driver license, and is one of his new year purpose.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
New interview with Javier, it seem like it is a little preview of a bigger one.

He talks about how much he loves Madrid.
He saids that he doesn´t gets recognize much.
He said that the future popularity of the sport will depend on how much future generations can achieve, he said that since he lives outside Spain he doesn´t get much media coverage. If new figure skater generations in Spain keep the sport in the media.
He said in the future he will like to coach, but doesn´t know if he will do in Spain, in Canada, or Japan.
He has cat, even so he is alergic. It was a gift. He doesn´t said from who.
He likes chocolate. And cola calo.
He likes to play video games, he mentions Call of Duty.
He also likes to plays bowling.
He said he used to play hockey. Used to have a team.
He wants to get a driver license, and is one of his new year purpose.

Thank you :biggrin: Its nice to see he thought about coaching in Japan as well, looks like his relationship with Miki is indeed going very well. :yes:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Thank you for the translation, cruzceleste. I can imagine Javi and Miki having their own skating school someday. Not sure where it would be best, but I think it would be really nice if he could open a school in Spain and help to further the sport there.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
I don't think this was posted before: a video of an interview with Javier and Brian Orser preparatory to the GPF.

A highlight for me is seeing pictures of Javier's beautiful older sister, Laura,whom he followed into skating.

In the video, Brian says he sees similarities between himself and Javier not only in skating style but also in personality.

I think it speaks volumes of Javier's character that he welcomed, rather than resisted, having Yuzuru as a training mate; and also of Brian for first getting Javier's consent.

Javier also feels responsible for increasing figure skating's profile in his football-mad country, and also speaks of how important his good results are to his people who are experiencing economic difficulties.

He's just a lovely, lovely guy.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I don't think this was posted before: a video of an interview with Javier and Brian Orser preparatory to the GPF.

A highlight for me is seeing pictures of Javier's beautiful older sister, Laura,whom he followed into skating.

In the video, Brian says he sees similarities between himself and Javier not only in skating style but also in personality.

I think it speaks volumes of Javier's character that he welcomed, rather than resisted, having Yuzuru as a training mate; and also of Brian for first getting Javier's consent.

Javier also feels responsible for increasing figure skating's profile in his football-mad country, and also speaks of how important his good results are to his people who are experiencing economic difficulties.

He's just a lovely, lovely guy.

Thanks for sharing this! Fernandez is a really lovely guy. I love his energy on the ice. When he's doing well, he has the same amount of energy at the end of a difficult program as he has at the beginning. Good luck for Europeans!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Oh dear... :cry:

http://www.entornointeligente.com/a...uropeo-No-puedo-ni-andar-pero-estare-22012015

Google translate:

Javier Fernandez suffered a foot injury that will train several days before the European Figure Skating Stockholm, where he will defend the title from Wednesday. "Last night I was injured and I can not go, but in principle, yes I will," he told 'DPA' Fernández, double European champion and two-time world bronze.

"It was with a massage, so now I have to go see what happens," he said by telephone from Toronto convesación the most successful Spanish skater. "They put the foot, the foot bridge. That was last night, I went to physio, and today I can not walk".

The European Championship starts on Monday and ends on February 1. The men's singles competition, which involved Fernández, will be held between Wednesday and Friday short- -program 30 -program freely. "I plan to travel on Sunday. At first I did not think it will be no problem, but it has been recently," said Fernandez, who lives and trains in the Canadian city of Toronto.

However, the skater 23 years said he's not worried. "These are things that, if there is something more important, usually last a couple of days. So I am not worried for the European, until next week I do not compete," said Spanish.

Fourth in the 2014 Winter Olympics, Fernandez believes he will have to spend two days rest to see how the injury. "We've been training well, tough, but does not know how things will go. For surely have to be definitively today and see how we go tomorrow, off the ice," Fernandez, who trains under the command of Canadian said Brian Orser. "That will then break training schedules and work, but we have been working well. And if I get to recover fairly well, I'll be there."

Fernandez, who has in the Shanghai World in late March the big event of the year, said he did not even think Pyeongchang Olympics 2018. "I take it in stride, there are more than three years and is a fairly long period . I want to get to the Olympics, but we took it over from year to year, season after season, "he said.

"If you have high expectations and maybe can not reach, you can catch a good depression. He did not get a goal in high performance sport can be a pretty big stick" argued Fernández, the great asset of Spain to end Olympic medal drought winter that stretches from the bronze Blanca Fernández Ochoa at the 1992 Albertville slalom.

The skater left Spain with 17 years, seeing that far from home could further improve their technique. He spent a year in the United States, another in different cities in Europe, and then moved to Toronto, where he lives in the winter season. "I'm in Toronto six or seven months. In Spain'm a half months."

The skater would like to train at home, but know that today is not a realistic option, because in Spain there are no conditions for high performance. "There are more opportunities in other countries," he said. "I love to train in Spain. It is the same in a country far from everything. What you want to train at home". "To move there I need my coach also came with me. And if my coach comes, will have to come his other 10 or 15 skaters".

makaihime

Final Flight
:hopelessness: Nooo Javier......:cry: I hope its nothing serious and that he takes it easy until Euro's. He still has WC's coming up and it would not be good to stress any injuries..

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
I don't think it's anything too serious;) Anyway I wish him a fast recovery. I would love to see him win again :cheer:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
No, I don't think the injury is serious, but it's the loss of precious training time right before the competition that concerns me.