Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Javier Fernandez

Ice is slippery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbiespectator View Post
    A: It’s my natural accent. I know it’s funny, but people always say that they like it. So we thought it would be funny for the exhibition. And well, although maybe with more practice I’ll get better accent, I don’t have any intention to change it. People and skaters always laugh about my accent but they also say it’s cute.

A: Fans are great. Sometimes you find someone a bit scary, who wants to invite you home for eating, or having your phone number, but I’m pretty patient person. Only if I’m hungry I start to get angry. So I just have to have my stomach filled with food.

A: No, I don’t think so. I would miss it, but I could live without it. I couldn’t leave without my cat. She leaves with me in Canada since last year and her name is Effie, she’s so cute and fat. (He shows us a video where Effie is playing.) I’m allergic to cats, but I don’t mind. I also couldn’t leave without my parents.

A: I’d like to coach. I’ve already taught some lessons and some seminar with Brian (Orser) but nothing else.
    Thank you so much for this~ I'm glad we'll still get to see him around once he retires, I'm excited to see his programs next season

Custom Title
    http://instagram.com/p/mbnMVtDi25/#
    Yuzu mourns Pooh...or is it Fernadez? HAHAHAHA

Love popcorn, hate horrendous costumes. Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by makaihime View Post
    Thank you so much for this~ I'm glad we'll still get to see him around once he retires, I'm excited to see his programs next season
    I would love to see his reactions when his students perform well, like Orser's actions toward his students, lol.

That's funny

fairy dust distributor ~Pamina~'s Avatar
    my guess: Javier got hungry and Pooh looked just too sweet....
    (I've read the interview, I know what happens when he gets hungry )

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Pamina~ View Post
    my guess: Javier got hungry and Pooh looked just too sweet....
    (I've read the interview, I know what happens when he gets hungry )
    So he has a taste for Pooh

I hope his free skate next season will be something less Chaplin. Something more rock? Like this: http://youtu.be/9-4Gm6VG4O0

Javier, Yuzuru, and Jason together somehow managed to make my middle school brother decide figure skating was fun to watch. Javier was the only one my brother decided to give a funny nickname to, though. After watching his Olympic performances, my little brother started referring to Javier as "Jazzy Pants" (because there was a lot of jazz music in his programs) and "Mr. Suspenders" because Javier's costumes both looked like they had suspenders on him.

Also, the quote from the interview about glasses versus contacts made me laugh, because I know that feeling all too well. Glasses can be quite the liability while skating, but, if you don't have contacts, you definitely don't want to skate without them. I'm glad he hasn't learned that the hard way!

Quote Originally Posted by OrdinaryDreamer View Post
    Javier, Yuzuru, and Jason together somehow managed to make my middle school brother decide figure skating was fun to watch. Javier was the only one my brother decided to give a funny nickname to, though. After watching his Olympic performances, my little brother started referring to Javier as "Jazzy Pants" (because there was a lot of jazz music in his programs) and "Mr. Suspenders" because Javier's costumes both looked like they had suspenders on him.

Also, the quote from the interview about glasses versus contacts made me laugh, because I know that feeling all too well. Glasses can be quite the liability while skating, but, if you don't have contacts, you definitely don't want to skate without them. I'm glad he hasn't learned that the hard way!
    So cute, how old is your brother anyways? Despite many complains about Javi's LP this season, I like it pretty much. I think the style suits him. And David Wilson did a better job with him than with Yuzuru. I just hope he will choose a different approach next season since he has a good built and stamina. I hope he will go for hip-hop or rock next season. And I would love to see Spanish crowd cheering for him when GPF is held in Spain.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by OrdinaryDreamer View Post
    Just have to share: Speaking of Javier's SP costume, I read a post in another forum asking why a "hot, hot man" like Javier had to wear a costume that makes him look like Hamburglar's assistant.

tripping on the toe pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria Victoria View Post
    Just have to share: Speaking of Javier's SP costume, I read a post in another forum asking why a "hot, hot man" like Javier had to wear a costume that makes him look like Hamburglar's assistant.

"Javi, you are such a hot, hot man... so hot you make the ice melt, and that's a problem, eh? Here, wear this silly costume, it will reduce your hotness by making you look like Hamburglar's assistant."

fairy dust distributor ~Pamina~'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nimi View Post
    "Javi, you are such a hot, hot man... so hot you make the ice melt, and that's a problem, eh? Here, wear this silly costume, it will reduce your hotness by making you look like Hamburglar's assistant."

I actually tried the 'Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Beetlejuice' thing, but it obviously didn't work... unfortunately

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by nimi View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ~Pamina~ View Post

I actually tried the 'Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Beetlejuice' thing, but it obviously didn't work... unfortunately
    Team Orser and their costumes

Quote Originally Posted by Maria Victoria View Post
    Team Orser and their costumes
    And their tissue boxes. Javi has a mickey tissue box, Yuzuru has a pooh, and recently Nam Nguyen chose Sully from Monster Inc. I bet Javi and Nam did that to add more pressure to their coach. Poor Orser! Kindergarten coach!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    And their tissue boxes. Javi has a mickey tissue box, Yuzuru has a pooh, and recently Nam Nguyen chose Sully from Monster Inc. I bet Javi and Nam did that to add more pressure to their coach. Poor Orser! Kindergarten coach!
    That too. They're such good guys and their interaction is so precious; Javier and Yuzuru obviously look at Nam as their "little" brother though Nam could rival them in 2018. My favorite team, along with Team Japan.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast