Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Javier Fernandez

fairy dust distributor ~Pamina~'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    Poor Orser! Kindergarten coach!
    I still find it kinda hard to feel too much pity for him I'd say the results are worth the price of having to carry funny looking fluffy tissue boxes.

Custom Title
    Karma for making fun of Yuzuru's Winnie-the-Pooh tissue box (when he wasn't yet Yuzuru's coach) .

Just hope he doesn't get confused as to which tissue box cover goes to whom. Color-wise Pooh should have been Javier's.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria Victoria View Post
    Karma for making fun of Yuzuru's Winnie-the-Pooh tissue box (when he wasn't yet Yuzuru's coach) .
    What did he said? Please tell me... :D

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzceleste View Post
    What did he said? Please tell me... :D
    Here it is:
    In an interview, his coach Brian Orser said that he would see Hanyu at competitions before Hanyu made the switch to train with Orser in Toronto. Orser knew he was immensely talented but always thought it was odd how he carried a Winnie the pooh tissue box around.
    "I always thought he was that weird kid with the Winnie the pooh doll. Now I’m that kid’s coach…and I have to carry it," said Orser.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    Here it is:
    LOL

Custom Title

"I always thought he was that weird kid with the Winnie the pooh doll. Now I’m that kid’s coach…and I have to carry it," said Orser.

Custom Title
    Hehe I think we Yuzuru fans are hijacking Javier's thread, but....Anyway our Mrs. P was able to talk to Brian Orser at the 2012 SA (Yuzuru's first competition with him as coach) and posted this:
    On a lighter note, the topic of the Pooh tissue box came up and he said, "When he was not my student I used to make fun of that. Now I have to hold it." He said this in a good natured way. We all laughed.

PS. Thanks Meoima for replying to the query while I was "away." And to return to Javier, I wonder whether he will also unveil any new quad jumps in exhibitions soon.

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    I guess Javi already landed 4loop several times, or else Hanyu shouldn't have to rush for his 4loop attempts these recent days.
    Is there any chance that Javi would have 4 quads in the long program? Is that possible? Javi has a strong built, which would help him a lots with his jumps.

Custom Title
    ^Javier can do a 4Q LP and 2Q SP, and he would get a monstrous TES for that. Javier's PCS as we saw at Worlds and the Olympics is not too shabby either.

Custom Title
    Orser somewhere said 4 quads are possible in LP as I remember, but I don't think he will go for 4, at least not next season

^Javier can do a 4Q LP and 2Q SP, and he would get a monstrous TES for that. Javier's PCS as we saw at Worlds and the Olympics is not too shabby either.
    SP is much more harder case. Kovtun and Reynolds have 2 quads in SP but they never had really monstrus TES in SP. Javier quads are pretty consistent and good quality so it could work for him.

If you can make them work in SP in very good quality then you will get your reward.

Custom Title
    Yes, it will be exciting to see how Javier's programs develop leading to the 2018 Olympics. If ever he does a 2Q Sp and 4QLP, he will really be tough to beat. Others may have to rely on him making a mistake (popping a quad, etc.) to get past him. As Europe's no. 1 for two years running, he also has the reputation now to get high PCS.

Custom Title
    Yes, it will be exciting to see how Javier's programs develop leading to the 2018 Olympics. If ever he does a 2Q Sp and 4QLP, he will really be tough to beat. Others may have to rely on him making a mistake (popping a quad, etc.) to get past him. As Europe's no. 1 for two years running, he also has the reputation now to get high PCS.
    I think you are getting too much in to future Number of quads will not make you hard to beat because you have 3 or 4 quads. First you have to do those 4 quads , and then you have to do rest of the program also. Like current worlds showed, 3 quads will not make work for you if you will make mistake on something that looks overall easier than quad

Custom Title
    ^Oh absolutely, that's why I qualified "If ever he does..." and not making a mistake

Yulia and Ruslena team forever! Alba's Avatar
    Javier at Osaka Figure Skating Exhibition 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg9PK0Jo6wA

Custom Title
    ^Thanks! I never get tired watching that as it shows his goofy side.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast