Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Javier Fernandez

Custom Title
    Happy Birthday to skating's Mr. Congeniality, Javier Fernandez!

As my country used to be under Spain (hence our mostly Hispanized names), I have always had a soft spot for Javier, and it seems I am not the only one. People just light up around Javier. In one video I saw, the choreographer David Wilson had a quite serious mien in explaining his take on what makes Patrick and Yuzuru special, but when he talked about Javier he became so animated and his (David's) eyes) had a sparkle.

This coming quad, I look for Javier to be a podium threat in every competition he enters. I also wish he does a program that will highlight his Spanish heritage. Vamos Javier!

tripping on the toe pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria Victoria View Post
    Happy Birthday to skating's Mr. Congeniality, Javier Fernandez!

This coming quad, I look for Javier to be a podium threat in every competition he enters. I also wish he does a program that will highlight his Spanish heritage. Vamos Javier!
    Well, the GPF will be held in Spain, so I have a feeling Javier will take that into account and your wish might come true!

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nimi View Post

Well, the GPF will be held in Spain, so I have a feeling Javier will take that into account and your wish might come true!
    Happy birthday Mr. Superman!!! Gonna go to his Instagram to send some happy emoticons.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by nimi View Post

Barcelona, right? I wonder how he feels about that as a Real Madrid fan .

Anyway, I'm sure all Spain will be rooting for him! I mean how can you not help but root for the guy? Even Yuzuru, who's ubercompetitive, does!

Happy birthday, Javi!
    Good luck for the next season!

pink short shorts
    Happy birthday, Javi!!!
    I hope he makes GPF this year (I doubt he won't) and at least medals, if not wins!

Custom Title
    Somewhere over the rainbow where blue birds fly
    Super Javi happy birthday
    I really hope you have an amazing season and continue bringing smiles and happines to this sport.

Happy Birthday,Javi! Feliz cumpleanos! And have a great next season!

Custom Title
    Javier with his parents after winning gold at the 2013 E.: https://24.media.tumblr.com/5b54bb1b...0t4po4_250.gif.

He has said he couldn't live without his parents. Clearly he comes from a close knit and loving family.

Custom Title
    Feliz cumpleaños Javier

Cheering Wildly from the stands

Custom Title
    Seems to me Javier has an active imagination! Thanks for the link.

Custom Title
    I have always thought Javier's laid-back nature may have held him back from getting the results he wanted. Unlike Yuzuru whose ambition is like a fierce flame, Javier's to me is like a slow burn which at times needs stoking by Brian Orser. Well apparently training right beside Yuzuru and seeing at close hand his burning ambition has sparked something in Javier, perhaps the missing ingredient for him to finally contend for that top spot in the podium.

An excerpt from the translation by echotpe posted in the Yuzuru Hanyu fanfest thread:

"As a sponsor of ISU four Championships, Canon (Japan cameras giant) interviewed Javier Fernandez after Worlds on early April. Not surprisingly, he was asked some questions about his training mate - Yuzu.

Full article in Japanese: http://web.canon.jp/event/skating/in...andez02_1.html

Summary translation as following:
    Q: And how about Yuzu?
    J: His talent, hardworking and passion to skating are such outstanding, which encourage me. And his team also works hard in any ways. Yuzu always focuses on ice training, as it is reasonable to do so.

He does not change a bit even he got the Olympics gold medal. He didn’t become lazy, take excuses or become complacent. It’s a way I think a world champion should be.

When he came back to Toroto after Sochi Olympics, he gave me to wear his heavy medal. And then, I make my mind to aim the gold medal in PyeongChang Olympics 2018."

Well, all skaters - as all people - are not made the same. I definitely agree that Javi's relaxed attitude no doubt has cost him, and that he could have done better had he... how shall I put it?... burned for it more? But still, he is who he is, and if he isn't dissatisfied with what he has achieved - and let's face it, most skaters would be quite pleased even with what he HAS done so far - that is what matters. But that said, I hope Yuzu's example inspires him to try harder, and become the skater we know he has the potential to be. Go Javi!

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast