Javier Fernandez | Page 60 | Golden Skate

Javier Fernandez

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
I didn't really expect him to skate lights out because he's not a GP skater either, he does better at Euros and Worlds. But it was a pretty solid showing! That 4S though, it was a sort of awkward fall :eek:hwell: but the 4T was gorgeous and effortless! I'm looking forward to see the progression of both programs :)
Bravo Javi :yes:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
SuperJavi did it!
yep expecting progress but gold is gold!:gclap:

LRK

Record Breaker
Congratulations! It wasn't perfect, but still quite a solid skate - I wasn't feeling nervous for him while watching. I hope he builds on this and just gets better and better as the season goes along.:)

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
congratulations to Javi for the 1st gold of the season :cheer: not perfect but very good for the start of the season, i think his programs this season is complicated but not too busy and shows his progress :dance: i also loved the duet with Mao :dance2: :gclap:

Basil

On the Ice
After watching Javier Fernandez I don't want to watch anyone else. There's no male figure skating there's only Javier Fernandez.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Good luck Javi in Rostelecom Cup! :cool: Can't wait to see that SP again :love:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Vamos Javi!! :cheer:
winning here would mean him skating last at SP at GPF, you think he can handle the pressure?

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Vamos Javi!! :cheer:
winning here would mean him skating last at SP at GPF, you think he can handle the pressure?

I think last year's GPF SP was a learning experience for him. He now knows what to expect in his home country and won't be so overwhelmed :agree:

Good luck to Javi today!! :hap57:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
yeah, well it was far from his best, i hope he will redeem himself tomorrow! :cheer:

Plumededragon

Medalist
yeah, well it was far from his best, i hope he will redeem himself tomorrow! :cheer:
He's only 0.55 point away from 1st place, so I don't worry for him. :) Except if a disaster happens tomorrow, he will win. Or at least, if he's 2nd or 3rd, get his ticket to GPF.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
So close to 1st place even on a bad day. This SP is just too good :biggrin:
Good luck for tomorrow!

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
He's only 0.55 point away from 1st place, so I don't worry for him. :) Except if a disaster happens tomorrow, he will win. Or at least, if he's 2nd or 3rd, get his ticket to GPF.

Even if he finishes second, wouldn't he still have a chance of qualifying as first? The tiebreaker with Shoma is the TSS on both events, Shoma had a higher SP at TEB, but Javi was 13 pts higher at COC than Shoma was at SA. It could change if the scores are used the other way around and his TSS at COR and his SP at COC are the ones used for the tiebreaker. The only one who has the chance of placing higher than him now is Yuzu, I think. If he wins and has a higher TSS on both events.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Javi posted this on his blog today (Google translated from Spanish).

I could not tell exactly what happened today in the first round of the Russian Cup. The truth is that both yesterday and today I felt very well in training, but when the competition started it took me longer than usual to adapt to the ice, and especially in the entrance of the quadruple Salchow. And it was not only in making the program, but I've also noticed over the previous six minutes warming. I have not had a good feeling with the ice.

Realistically, today's second place is not bad. We're just over halfway point of the first position, so it is far away the attempt to repeat the title and I won here last year.

I am already looking forward to tomorrow and get back in tune on the ice. I hope it's better feelings now, so you can earn gold and adding two victories for the Grand Prix Final. Let us not forget that the main objective of this Russia Cup is to qualify for the Grand Final in Barcelona.

Thanks for being there