Javier Fernandez | Page 76 | Golden Skate

Javier Fernandez

LRK

Record Breaker
Very busy schedule indeed:).
In Sofia we had a great luck with the cast of Kings on Ice.

You were there? If so, I hope you had a great time.:)

Thanks for the Javi vids! I just love the Nothing Else Matters program - it was so lovely & moving! I now want him to do it for a competitive program...

And I'm so glad he brought out SuperJavi - it's so fun, and clearly such a crowdpleaser. (I ended up clapping to myself here at home.:)) Could anyone see who it was pouring the water on him this time?

6o6ul4o

Rinkside
This time "the bucket -guy " was Tomáš Verner. Yesterday we had so many Kings on ice - Joubert- Ju, Tomáš , Amodio- Flo, Candeloro, Righini , Johnny Weir ...:hap10:

evergreen

On the Ice
You were there? If so, I hope you had a great time.:)

Thanks for the Javi vids! I just love the Nothing Else Matters program - it was so lovely & moving! I now want him to do it for a competitive program...

I AGREE:agree: He has great musicality and his style is nature & refreshing:luv17:

On a side note, was't he wearing the guy & dolls costume without suspender?:laugh:

During the CBC coverage of the Worlds' gala, Kurt Browning mentioned somewhere how many skaters use the Worlds exhibitions as an opportunity to test out potential programs for next year, and said that Javier was doing that with his skate in the gala. I guess one of Javi's programs next season could be similar to the Danny Boy, or at least will use some of the moves.

Spanish Royals meet Javi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cskMGHX_wAA#action=share

Last edited:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
I AGREE:agree: He has great musicality and his style is nature & refreshing:luv17:

On a side note, was't he wearing the guy & dolls costume without suspender?:laugh:

During the CBC coverage of the Worlds' gala, Kurt Browning mentioned somewhere how many skaters use the Worlds exhibitions as an opportunity to test out potential programs for next year, and said that Javier was doing that with his skate in the gala. I guess one of Javi's programs next season could be similar to the Danny Boy, or at least will use some of the moves.

Spanish Royals meet Javi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cskMGHX_wAA#action=share

Oh wow, I'm glad to see he might challenge himself with a new style next season. I'll be looking forward to it! :clap:
He sure is busy these days, Kings on Ice, SaOI Canada, FaOI in Japan. Then he said he will finally have some rest, I hope he enjoys it to the fullest :yes:

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Oh wow, I'm glad to see he might challenge himself with a new style next season. I'll be looking forward to it! :clap:
He sure is busy these days, Kings on Ice, SaOI Canada, FaOI in Japan. Then he said he will finally have some rest, I hope he enjoys it to the fullest :yes:

He is such a busy busy busy man in the world! :biggrin: During the off season, we can see a decent amount of new photos and videos of Javi from those shows.

Last edited:

evergreen

On the Ice
xibsuarz, thank you so much :agree: you beat me this time :laugh: I was trying to put on something logical I got from Google translator, hell no I understand little Spanish :eek::

No wonder Javi failed his 3As sometimes after successful Quads being landed, although 3Axel was one of his best jumps. He was near exhausted when landed the 2nd 3Axel, but still tried his best to push the program forward and entertain the crowd, this is something making him more admirable :love:

Last edited:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Thanks for the translation! I just tried to read the article through, but with my about 20 words of Spanish I did not get far...:laugh: His second triple axel is out of footwork which makes it even harder than normally, I´d guess.

It is great that Spanish newspapers are giving him so much attention!!! He sure seems a very busy man, hopefully he will have a nice holiday after the skating tours. Besides, soon after that he will surely start planning his music and programs for next season.

Last edited:

evergreen

On the Ice
Thanks for the translation! I just tried to read the article through, but with my about 20 words of Spanish I did not get far...:laugh:

me too :laugh: though I found that Google translate is sort of helpful, I managed to go through as much Spanish media coverage on Javier as I can, that he had some injuries one month before the worlds, most painful of which was an inflammation of some fascia and he had to go through physical therapy 3 times a week; he skated his FS lights out with landing foot injured, due to a recurring bursa on the heel. This is such a tough sport, fingers crossed that he remains healthy injury free for the next 20 months so as he can achieve his ultimate goal, an OGM.

An article about Javi and Nadal on how to maintiain physical & mental strong for the competitions, with videos
http://www.practicodeporte.com/rafa...z-nos-confiesan-se-cuidan/?platform=hootsuite

Altough I do not understand Spanish, it seems that Javi was going through his free skate, element by element~

Last edited:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I got this result from translation Spanish to English (how to maintain physical & mental strong for the competitions):

The Spaniard Javier Fernandez points out that there are many who help you in your sport, but if you have to define three words are "happiness", "food" and "head."

"Constant very soon and healthy food , but do not eat a lot and day and another very little. The diet involved a lot, but also because sport psychology is very hard and is very good glad you feel what you're doing for that happiness. also feel that you are a normal person and it is also essential deep sleep to rise strongly, " explains the double world champion skating .

It would be wonderful if somebody could give us a gist what Fernandez says in the video clip about his freeskate (besides describing the elements).

Last edited:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
It's quite similar to the other interview :)
He said that the first three elements, which are usually very hard or the hardest, are very important because it gives him a feeling of how the program will go. He said that the first quad is easy, but the second one is a bit harder. That the 6th jumping pass was also important because he was failing it a lot during practices. He said that after the three 'heavy' elements at the beginning, the steps and spins are a way of taking a break for second half that, even thought it's longer it has easier elements. He said that he's dead by the time the second 3A comes and he told himself 'Come on Javi, more speed' and afterwards it was easier. He said it's important for the judges to see that you are not tired and you're having fun.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
It's quite similar to the other interview :)
He said that the first three elements, which are usually very hard or the hardest, are very important because it gives him a feeling of how the program will go. He said that the first quad is easy, but the second one is a bit harder. That the 6th jumping pass was also important because he was failing it a lot during practices. He said that after the three 'heavy' elements at the beginning, the steps and spins are a way of taking a break for second half that, even thought it's longer it has easier elements. He said that he's dead by the time the second 3A comes and he told himself 'Come on Javi, more speed' and afterwards it was easier. He said it's important for the judges to see that you are not tired and you're having fun.

Thanks so much for the gist! Well, he sure was able to convince everyone that he was having great fun on the ice....

I posted these links on Worlds forum, but maybe also this would be a good place for them:

Fernandez freeskate at 2016 Worlds
British Eurosport
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3fEiTt8CcU

CBC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33kgS3XtPgM

BBC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eI_do7gUFc

Last edited:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Thanks evergreen for telling us of his program at SOI.

Has somebody got videos of his performance in japan? Or at least, somebody knows what programs he performed there?

I’m searching for a video at SOI of him, but I cant find… At least, the show was aired live on CS channel on April 15. So there may be any video uploaded… Anyone may know of it.
Further, SOI is scheduled to be aired again on May 8 as 4 hours’s longer program. So, there’s still any chance of videos.

Last edited: