Ladies LP SPoiler

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

YES!!! I am so happy! Great skate Michelle. And the judge I thought was an idiot 30 minutes ago is now, along with the other judges..... brilliant,LOL.

Piel

Last edited:

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
Piel said:
YES!!! I am so happy1 Great skate Michelle. And the judge I thought was an idiot 30 minutes ago is now along with the other judges brilliant,LOL.

Piel

Piel,

How did she do?! How did Sasha do?! How did they ALL do?!

Nervously biting his fingers in SD,
ME

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
OMG, I hope I didn't ruin this for anyone I always forget about the time change!

Sasha fell and had a bad bobble and one judge gave her a 6.0 the rest of her preasentation marks were 5.7s and 5.8s. I was like what the h***!! Her tech marks were 5.7 to 5.8.

Then Miss Kwan skated perfectly and got two 5,9s and the rest 6.0s for presentation, all 5.8 and 5.9 for tech.

Jenny fell once, bobbled twice and got the bronze.

Patti

Last edited:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Congrats to Michelle, Sasha, and Jenny for making the podium and the World Team. Now I can relax and watch the show. Congrats to Amber on her pewter medal win, I believe her first National medal...............42

Nadine

Record Breaker
:love:CONGRATULATIONS ON MICHELLE'S 8TH NATIONAL TITLE!:love:

She literally owns Nationals.....even moreso than Worlds.....and IMHO nobody will ever take it from her while she skates, as it should be. She truly is the greatest American figure skater ever to live. And we should all appreciate her while she still skates. JMHO.

Btw, I feel kinda bad for Sasha........have never felt she would win Nationals.........even stated this last year after Worlds. Nor do I think she will ever win Worlds, but I do think she will medal someday (hopefully this year). Nevertheless, she truly made a fan out of me after her switch to Robin, and especially after her SP. She's a gutsy skater and as such I love to watch her skate, as I do Michelle. America is honored to have these two represent the USA.

Peace & Love, Nadine

P.S. It's great that Michelle has Sasha to push her & vice-versa. And the best way to win is when one is skating against the best. And that's Michelle. JMHO.

:)GOOOOOOO, MICHELLE, NOW IT'S TIME TO COLLECT YOUR 6TH WORLD TITLE AS WELL!!!:)

kasia16

On the Ice
Congrats to Michelle!
Go to Dortmund and take another gold medal!

She's simply the best :)

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
robin wagner

The fluff piece when she said, "We talk the same language...[stop] and I don't mean English..."

I wonder what people will make of that...

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Sasha could very well win worlds this year.

Both Nix and Tarosova didn't seem to be fun types of coaches. Robin OTOH looks like she is a gal's gal. she and Sasha probably have a lot more in common than she did with her previous coaches. From what Robin said I think she meant that they both had the same ideas, work ethic, etc.about skating.

Piel

Last edited:

Lucy25

Final Flight
I am just speechless over Michelle's skate. She is just amazing! She now has the time to add a little difficulty before Worlds.

I agree with Nadine about feeling badly about Sasha, but her time will come to win a championship. I feel mostly bad that she is developing a reputation for leaving all her good skates on the practice ice. Heck, even Peggy mentioned it. That has got to be a terrible thing for Sasha. But like I said, her time will come; it has to. She is too good for it not to happen. The last time I posted that I felt badly for a skater, it was Sarah Hughes after the SP at the Olympics!

amykaren

On the Ice
WOW! Who else cried? She moved me. That was so powerful! That is what skating is all about.

BTW-the 6.0 for Sasha-worst judging I have seen in a long time! I was so mad!! Sasha can get a 6.0 when she is on, but she wasn't tonight. Idiot judge IMHO. I thought they were sending a message that Cohen was their gal no matter what. Too bad Michelle was on fire!!!!!

And what about ABC going to Nancy when Michelle was done skating? What was up with that? It is MICHELLE'S moment, I don't care about what Nancy says about it. Really, really annoyed me!!! It broke the spell for me for a minute.

Congrats Michelle!!!!! :love:

Antilles

Medalist
I also thought the Nancy thing was odd. She probably did too. Why do they keep asking her about 1994? Get over it!

Great for Michelle. Sahsa and Jenny get to go to Worlds, so I'm really happy for Jenny. I feel very bad for Angela and A-P.

TechMom

Rinkside
I think that they hung with Nancy because it took so long to clean up the ice, but I agree with you completely - would much rather have been looking at Michelle, even if she was just sitting there.

The "Whack" is old news, and I'm sure that Nancy would be happy never to hear about it again. It's the press that keeps it alive and of course, everytime Tonya messes up it's "news", which keeps it in the public eye.

Michelle, you continue to awe me!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Hi Piel, :)

Yes, I too would (honestly) like Michelle to break all records.........except Henie's, of course ;) , as she is one of my all-time favorite skaters..........btw I've been a fan of Michelle's since her Salome program back in 1996, when she won her first Worlds at the age of 15 (fourth youngest to do so btw, after Lipinski, Henie, Baiul). IMHO, besides Michelle being the greatest American skater ever to live, I also think she ranks as the second greatest skater ever in the history of the sport (no lie). Her records & stats tell the story (i.e. has never placed lower than third since 1996 in any competition). Not to mention has medalled at both Olympics, has medalled at every Worlds since 1996 (five gold), eight Nationals Titles (two more silver), and a bunch of others as well. My gosh, I think the only titles she has missing from her resume are 4CC (btw I think she should do this just to add it to her collection) and a GPF Title (though she has a bunch of silvers as well). And this isn't counting pro-ams or fluff competitions, which IMHO don't count b/c they are not serious, more entertainment than anything else. JMHO.

***Note: for the record, Sonja Henie won 10 World Titles & 10 Olympic Titles, with Michelle right behind her w/5 World Titles (as well as two silver; eight medals in total) & 2 Olympic Medals (btw I feel that Michelle will be able to match Henie in World Titles; JMHO, crossing fingers :) ).***

Peace & Love, Nadine

P.S. IMHO, if Michelle wins the next Olympics, she will tie w/Henie as the greatest skater ever to live. And I, for one, wouldn't count Michelle out. No way. In fact, right now I'm just waiting for her to master that difficult 3/3 she's been working on, to add to her repertoire.

MODIFIED TO ADD: I'm on the West Coast and thus am watching a repeat of the SPs from Thursday night ~ found out the results of the LP from following on the net ~ usually I never do this but tonight I felt relaxed, ate a piece of pie, and just let it unfold. Only thing I'm disappointed in is that, except for Michelle, nobody else believed in themselves & rose to the occasion. Too bad, was hoping for something akin to what the men did today.

Last edited:

gracefulswan

On the Ice
OMG... she does it again! and worlds is just around the corner... anything can happen though.. but michelle is cementing her status as the greatest competitor.. my.. it's like she can't get over everytime she wins and gets overcome... like myself..whoops.

a string of 6'0s... though not quite as much as plushy at nationals. :p both of them skate so well there.

gracefulswan

On the Ice
this bodes mighty well for her at worlds... sasha can still win but michelle's got so much momentum.. she's just so inspiring.