Who is she? | Golden Skate

Who is she?

This video and the one by the U.S. Olympic swim team are my favorite "Call Me Maybe" videos. It's great to see all the skaters having such fun together. The guys doing their moonwalk on the ice might be my favorite part.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I think a female can be a lady at 18...I like to give folks the benifit of the doubt till I know otherwise. Anyway I like Kanako....didnt she have a bad leg wrap at times?
(Listening to Maia talk, I think she was an 18 year old lady in 2007 in Spokane! :)
That would be Kanako Murakami! And lady? The girl is only 18!

The video was certainly a bonding experience for the cast of The Ice. Tweet from Maia Shibutani:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I think a female can be a lady at 18...I like to give folks the benifit of the doubt till I know otherwise. Anyway I like Kanako....didnt she have a bad leg wrap at times?
(Listening to Maia talk, I think she was an 18 year old lady in 2007 in Spokane! :)

Sorry when I think "lady" I think of old lady.

Maia does have an old soul, doesn't she?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
No! Maia is a wonderful young person. Young and full of life and she knows exactly how to push her brother's buttons. :) The thing of it is, you talk with her or just listen to her talk and its as if you are talking to a mature, educated intelligent 25 year old adult. No valley talk at all...maybe that is just the way she talks on camera or when she talks to us old folks at the Friends of Figure Skating breakfasts, but thats my story and I am sticking to it. .
Sorry when I think "lady" I think of old lady.

Maia does have an old soul, doesn't she?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
No! Maia is a wonderful young person. Young and full of life and she knows exactly how to push her brother's buttons. :) The thing of it is, you talk with her or just listen to her talk and its as if you are talking to a mature, educated intelligent 25 year old adult. No valley talk at all...maybe that is just the way she talks on camera or when she talks to us old folks at the Friends of Figure Skating breakfasts, but thats my story and I am sticking to it. .

LOL, Chris. I meant that as a compliment! Basically I agree she is very well spoken and mature for her age. Alex did say she is a 30 year old in a 17 year old's body.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
LOL, yes, I know...I love Maia and figure skating seems to be full of young men and woman that I am sure will do great things with their lives, on and off the ice. I would love to know where someone as multi-talented as Lynn Kriengkrairut ends up in ten years. Probably removing my appendix!

LOL, Chris. I meant that as a compliment! Basically I agree she is very well spoken and mature for her age. Alex did say she is a 30 year old in a 17 year old's body.