Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What performances should I watch?

Medalist
    Christina Gao sp from skate america.
    The best ladies sp this season imo.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    As the title says, I have some catching up to do, and I'd like your help! Please recommend to me particular performances that you think I should watch. It can be because that particular performance was beautiful, technically superior, a star-is-born moment, or because it's a gamechanger in some way. It can even be for negative reasons! Like you can't believe this particularly awful performance still got a massive score and won, and what's wrong with those awful judges, etc. Also, I really enjoy (and oft times, prefer) exhibition numbers. Please recommend any good ones from galas. And as someone who was really excited by the inclusion of hip hop as a rhythm option in junior ice dance this season, dare I ask if any team actually put together a credible hip hop number? Thanks for any help you can give!
    View ladies at NHK and let me know your thoughts.

The most exciting program for me this season is Virtue and Moir's Carmen, but it seems polorizing on the figure skating world (some judges/fan are just infuriating not able to see masterworks)

The most exciting comeback: Yuna Kim at NRW Trophy Dortmund same weekend as GPF. Watch everyone else at GPF at Sochi Olympic rink then watch her at a B competition with 300 seats. Oh the irony.

Most sensational record breaking performance: Hanyu broke SP score twice, is the program worth the hype? Or was more down to the performer worth the hype. I put down the latter by far.
    Last edited by os168; 12-12-2012 at 03:56 PM.

Custom Title
    I'd recommend Ross Miner's LP at NHK which he has earned 161.96 and put him on the podium:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkA_UF9TxTM

He has successfully jumped a 4S.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 12-12-2012 at 04:09 PM.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    View ladies at NHK and let me know your thoughts.

The most exciting program for me this season is Virtue and Moir's Carmen, but it seems polorizing on the figure skating world (some judges/fan are just infuriating not able to see masterworks)

Most sensational record breaking performance: Hanyu broke SP score twice, is the program worth the hype? Or was more down to the performer worth the hype. I put down the latter by far.
    When I saw NHK live, I thought Akiko should win.

I also like V/M’s Carmen, as well as B/S’s FD. I see their links are posted on the first page, so check those out. I hope to see them live someday.

Now Hanyu’s FS is also growing on me-again it’s probably more due to Hanyu the performer than the program itself. To me his FS at GPF was the skate of the night and he should win GPF: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DzUd_RF6Jk
    I read that he was very sick at the GPF but fought through his FS, that reminds me of how he fought through his FS in Nice with the ankle sprain. And I was shocked that he could improve so much in 2 weeks time from NHK and that he maintained fast speed throughout the FS and did not slow down in the last minute of the program.
    Last edited by Aesthetics; 12-12-2012 at 05:20 PM.

Kira's SP from GP final or anytime this season-so stunning.

Custom Title
    Christina Gao's SP at Skate America; all of Ashley Wagner's. And C/L's very Italian "Carmen" (esp at GPF). Their choregraphy is wonderful and these two Italians really get into the drama.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by meem View Post
    These two Italians really get into the drama.
    They are Italian after all.

Custom Title
    Mao's FS at GPF
    Gao's SP & FS at SA
    Ashley's FS at TEB & SP at GPF
    Kiira's SP at CoC (or even better Finlandia)
    Julia's SP at COC & FS at Finlandia
    Mirai's FS at NHK
    Agnes SP at COR
    Gracie's SP at COR
    Hannah Miller's SP & FS at GPF
    Anna Pogorilaya's SP & FS at GPF
    Wang's FS at GPF
    All of Radinova's skates this season

Hanyu's SP at NHK
    Kozuka's FS at SA
    Takahashi's SP at GPF & FS at NHK
    Miner's FS at NHK