Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ashley Cain & Timothy LeDuc

3 Not allowed!

Ashley Cain & Timothy LeDuc

Go Ad-Free! Become a GS Supporter! Thank you
    I was excited to hear this team teamed up in May, and recently saw their long program. While some of the technical elements still need work, I am very impressed with how quickly they have gelled and think they have a lot of potential!!

This is their new free skate performed at mid-atlantics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxpjOUIB46s

And an article about the pair: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2016/...ter-pairs-fray

I'll post more information as it becomes available!

0 Not allowed!
    I thought she gave up on her pair career after her previous partnership didn't work out and only pursuits singles, but I get wrong. I haven't watched the clip listed yet. She is quite tall for pair female skater like almost 170 cm, so LeDuc must be tall and statuesque as well.

0 Not allowed!
    Ouch, rough skate (that second throw fall!) but lots of potential. Looking forward to watching them this year for sure.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossover View Post
    I thought she gave up on her pair career after her previous partnership didn't work out and only pursuits singles, but I get wrong. I haven't watched the clip listed yet. She is quite tall for pair female skater like almost 170 cm, so LeDuc must be tall and statuesque as well.
    Yes honestly I always liked her better as a pairs skater but had no hope of her finding a partner again because of her height. I do think they seem to be managing her height okay so far though if they can manage to work out the throws- the lifts look fine and so did the twist.

0 Not allowed!
    THese two did their short at Nebelhorn today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6bNP-o2o_0

Unfortunately they do still seem to be having a rough time with the throws but I think they look just fantastic for having just gotten together- they have such nice long lines!

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats to these two on placing FIRST at US Nationals in the short program!!!! I hope they can skate just as well in the free! They really have gelled amazingly!

1 Not allowed!
    Congratulations for winning the SP segment. I hope to see another good skate in the Free!

Tripping on the Podium

1 Not allowed!
    GREAT SP!!!!! Hopefully they will at least stay in the top 2 and go to Worlds! But an almost 4 point cushion is nice going into the LP!

Tripping on the Podium Tastetherainbow's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Congrats on winning the SP! Keep fighting in the long and surely that Worlds berth is theirs!

They have some of the highest scoring potential of any American pair besides S/K, and it is really refreshing to see a pair that finally gets its SBS right. Now if they manage to improve their triple twist then we could even see them at the Olympics! Excited for their future!

Tripping on the Podium

2 Not allowed!
    This was by far their best outing, and their best twist, too. Still time to work on it, but it's all coming together.
    And now, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b5Z6sTmM0k this is the kind of mindset I want to see from a top team.

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    So - is Ashley's height or their height difference the reason why the twist has problems, or is it an element that should still improve? Their lifts seemed to go fairly well.

I am always excited anytime I see a pair that can do good SBS jumps - I feel like that is a weakness in a lot of U.S. pairs.

Best of luck to them in the LP tomorrow!

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by musicfan80 View Post
    So - is Ashley's height or their height difference the reason why the twist has problems, or is it an element that should still improve? Their lifts seemed to go fairly well.

I am always excited anytime I see a pair that can do good SBS jumps - I feel like that is a weakness in a lot of U.S. pairs.

Yes and yes. The height difference is a reason for a lot of the issues the team is still having, but regardless they can improve the twist (and also throws) through practice and focusing on the timing and getting that as good as possible to help them.

Tripping on the Podium

1 Not allowed!

Well, they did get together only seven months ago, and their twist is evolving a lot each time they compete. Maybe the height plays a part in it? But Tim is fairly strong, and they seemd to match well. I think they can achieve a good twist in the future.

1 Not allowed!

The other reason the twist has been harder is that Ashley had never done it before, in an interview she mentioned that she had only ever done a double with her earlier partner.

Tripping on the Podium

1 Not allowed!

Go Ad-Free! Become a GS Supporter! Thank you
    Congrats to Ashley and Tim on their 1st Nationals! I'm assuming that they will probably get selected to 4CCs - it will be an excellent experience for them.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast